Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:23:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP  (Read 11360 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 27, 2015, 07:55:41 PM »

I think some leniency is in order with regard to the length of any ban that may be forthcoming. Napoleon was always great to me and did not behave in any way that would be otherwise ban-worthy. Others have been allowed to come back after a reasonable timespan, and I hope the same is the case here.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 11:02:23 AM »

I think some leniency is in order with regard to the length of any ban that may be forthcoming. Napoleon was always great to me and did not behave in any way that would be otherwise ban-worthy. Others have been allowed to come back after a reasonable timespan, and I hope the same is the case here.

I appreciate your point of view, and appreciation of his "admirable" skills at incorrigibility, but alas nobody, absolutely nobody,  in the Cave shares it. Hamilton has even less of a chance of coming back "legally" than jmfcst, and, despite BRTD's indefatigable campaign on his behalf, jmfcst's prospects of a resurrection on the Fahrenheit scale are either at, or asymptotically close to, minus 452 degrees, i.e., absolute zero. 

Very well. Thanks for the response.

Admittedly, I know nothing firsthand of Hamilton or whoever was behind that shtick, only secondhand info here and there, and I really haven't bothered to check it all out. I guess it's quite a saga. Maybe sometime when I have the time I will.

Indeed, though, creating a sock after being banned is one of the deadly sins, so that's that.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »

. . . the limited number of actual rules we have around here.

And that's about 75% of the problem (that you guys allow attack threads is ridiculous), and is probably why there's such resentment for the authority structure in some quarters. The other 25% of the problem is that some who actually cross the thin red line get to come back after a month, some after a year, some never.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies