New WV House breeding headlines
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New WV House breeding headlines
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New WV House breeding headlines  (Read 2973 times)
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »

Still haven't learned from Todd Akin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/brian-kurcaba-rape_n_6626794.html
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:34:38 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 06:39:15 PM by HockeyDude »

This is not just ignorance or stupidity with these conservative, wealthy ass***** weighing in on rape.  There is something very dark and messed up about these people.  Normal people don't say things like this, but I guess for a religious any reproduction is "beautiful", no matter how much suffering (for the woman) is involved.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »

This is not just ignorance or stupidity with these conservative, wealthy ass***** weighing in on rape.  There is something very dark and messed up about these people.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »

This isn't nearly as bad as what either Akin or Mourdock said back in 2012.  Granted, the sentiment made here could definitely be better expressed, say something like this: "There are few things more ugly or horrible than rape.  However, if a child results, that rape does not make the child ugly or horrible."  Probably would still raise the hackles of the pro-abortion crowd who want abortion available at any stage of development for any reason.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »

This isn't nearly as bad as what either Akin or Mourdock said back in 2012.  Granted, the sentiment made here could definitely be better expressed, say something like this: "There are few things more ugly or horrible than rape.  However, if a child results, that rape does not make the child ugly or horrible."  Probably would still raise the hackles of the pro-abortion crowd who want abortion available at any stage of development for any reason.

Nice level-headed response.  It was a stupid thing to say, but maybe more because of how stupidly it was expressed.

Hockeydude, about 15% of the US is "non-religious," leaving at LEAST 80-83% who are, including a majority of liberals.  Let's not lump everyone together.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »

What is this pro-abortion crowd? I've never heard of one that's for sure.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:40:30 PM »

While I was being hyperbolic by using the term "pro-abortion", I can't believe you've never heard of those who want unlimited access to abortion at any stage of development.  We have several posters here who argue that position.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 07:42:43 PM »

While I was being hyperbolic by using the term "pro-abortion", I can't believe you've never heard of those who want unlimited access to abortion at any stage of development.  We have several posters here who argue that position.
I happen to argue that position and find it insulting to be called pro-abortion, no one sane is and it's stupid to call people who are pro-choice that.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »

I happen to argue that position and find it insulting to be called pro-abortion, no one sane is and it's stupid to call people who are pro-choice that.
Then I hope you've never used the term "War on Women" or something similarly insulting to describe those who are against the availability of abortion at any stage of development.

(Full disclosure: I favor having abortion available at the embryo stage, and having it be limited to when necessary to the physical health of the mother once viability has been reached, and undecided in between those points, save that I don't favor exceptions for rape or incest.)
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 08:26:53 PM »

Then I hope you've never used the term "War on Women" or something similarly insulting to describe those who are against the availability of abortion at any stage of development.

(Full disclosure: I favor having abortion available at the embryo stage, and having it be limited to when necessary to the physical health of the mother once viability has been reached, and undecided in between those points, save that I don't favor exceptions for rape or incest.)
No, I've never used the term "War on Women", hell really I'm pro-life but have a massive problem with people telling others what to do without their consent.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »

Dumb comment for a politician to make, but I agree with the sentiment.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »

Nice level-headed response.  It was a stupid thing to say, but maybe more because of how stupidly it was expressed.

Hockeydude, about 15% of the US is "non-religious," leaving at LEAST 80-83% who are, including a majority of liberals.  Let's not lump everyone together.

Pardon me.... Wackjob religiouses.  Better? 

And no, the sentiment is also disgusting because it has everything to do with the expectations and desires of people like him who are completely uninvolved and nothing to do with the victim.  The far right needs to just stfu about rape. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 10:28:02 PM »

ugh. When will politicians realize that children are disgusting parasites like all rational people do?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 01:14:11 AM »

ugh. When will politicians realize that children are disgusting parasites like all rational people do?
is this an obvious troll i see?
well, sure, it's not a literal straightforward summation of my own personal views so i guess that "trolling" is the only possible designation......
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 03:47:08 AM »

is this an obvious troll i see?
well, sure, it's not a literal straightforward summation of my own personal views so i guess that "trolling" is the only possible designation......
Shua you're being very sassy!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 04:31:38 AM »

I love you shua.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 10:59:49 AM »

Considering West Virginia's new House is Republican, I wouldn't be surprised if they were breeding with their cousins instead of headlines.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 11:05:07 AM »

As someone who wants kids and will greet them into the world with utter happiness... FF shua's sentiment is far more important for people to hear than this POS rape-apologist rube.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »

He's so ignorant he probably figures that God intended the woman to be raped. I really have no idea how these people formulate opinions or what's going on in their heads.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 07:09:22 PM »

He's so ignorant he probably figures that God intended the woman to be raped. I really have no idea how these people formulate opinions or what's going on in their heads.
Essentially, they just get so fixated on opposing abortion that it becomes less about unborn lives and more about truly wanting to make Women feel like they're bad people. Terrible stuff, but it's sadly what the Tea Party has inserted themselves into.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »

Considering West Virginia's new House is Republican, I wouldn't be surprised if they were breeding with their cousins instead of headlines.

Yeah, WV Republicans are so much more hick than WV Democrats!!!  A letter next to a name is so important.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »

But what does that 18-year old lunatic in the WV House think?
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 10:05:54 PM »

Haha, this gave me a laugh, not gonna lie.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 05:57:33 AM »

She's busy compiling her gift registry for the impending shotgun wedding to her cousin. That'll be the next "breeding headline" the WV House generates.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies