Wasserman-Schultz: Media biased against Israel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wasserman-Schultz: Media biased against Israel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wasserman-Schultz: Media biased against Israel  (Read 10010 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: February 03, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »

I don't think US news media is particularly biased against Israel.  Pacifica Radio and left-wing media is certainly biased against Israel.  And, worldwide, there is tremendous bias against Israel and maybe there's a rising tide of anti-Israel sentiment from the far left that has infected our political discourse.  But, with places like the NY Times and MSNBC, I don't really see much anti-Israel bias.  

But, I think there is a kernel of truth, in that international news and war coverage often lacks context for US viewers.  If someone just sees the Israeli military response and doesn't know what precipitated it, they view it as aggression.  A 24-hour news channel is very poorly equipped to provide that context and educate viewers on what is going on.  I think that's actually the bigger problem rather than bias of any kind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies