Women in Parliament (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:28:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Women in Parliament (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Women in Parliament  (Read 3442 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: May 05, 2005, 08:53:18 AM »

well you got to take into account what type of electoral systems are used in those countries. Lists and proportional representation are naturally going to end up with much more women. Including non-democratic countries is kind of pointless since all parlimentarians there are basically appointed and thus one can easily make almost half women to appear as egalitarian as possible. That's the reason for Rwanda by the way, after Tutsi rebel groups ended the genocide they set up their own government and while it's fairly autocratic and non-democratic it's a hell of a lot better than what the country had before, not that nothing would be.

Anyone seen Hotel Rwanda btw? I just did some rentals and almost got it. How good is it?

there's a better one called "Sometimes in April"

It's very long though.

Damn Belgians.  Actually, the Tutsi were the "bad guys" for 400 years before the White Man showed up.  Still, I agree that the sins of the father should not be held against the son.  They still doing those trials, by the way?  Last I heard about 20 hutu people had actually been convicted and sentenced to prison for genocide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies