New WV House breeding headlines (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:46:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New WV House breeding headlines (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New WV House breeding headlines  (Read 2974 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 06, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »

This isn't nearly as bad as what either Akin or Mourdock said back in 2012.  Granted, the sentiment made here could definitely be better expressed, say something like this: "There are few things more ugly or horrible than rape.  However, if a child results, that rape does not make the child ugly or horrible."  Probably would still raise the hackles of the pro-abortion crowd who want abortion available at any stage of development for any reason.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 07:40:30 PM »

This isn't nearly as bad as what either Akin or Mourdock said back in 2012.  Granted, the sentiment made here could definitely be better expressed, say something like this: "There are few things more ugly or horrible than rape.  However, if a child results, that rape does not make the child ugly or horrible."  Probably would still raise the hackles of the pro-abortion crowd who want abortion available at any stage of development for any reason.
What is this pro-abortion crowd? I've never heard of one that's for sure.
While I was being hyperbolic by using the term "pro-abortion", I can't believe you've never heard of those who want unlimited access to abortion at any stage of development.  We have several posters here who argue that position.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »

What is this pro-abortion crowd? I've never heard of one that's for sure.
While I was being hyperbolic by using the term "pro-abortion", I can't believe you've never heard of those who want unlimited access to abortion at any stage of development.  We have several posters here who argue that position.
I happen to argue that position and find it insulting to be called pro-abortion, no one sane is and it's stupid to call people who are pro-choice that.
Then I hope you've never used the term "War on Women" or something similarly insulting to describe those who are against the availability of abortion at any stage of development.

(Full disclosure: I favor having abortion available at the embryo stage, and having it be limited to when necessary to the physical health of the mother once viability has been reached, and undecided in between those points, save that I don't favor exceptions for rape or incest.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies