Well, its official. Sanders has announced... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:13:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  Well, its official. Sanders has announced... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, its official. Sanders has announced...  (Read 10823 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« on: April 24, 2005, 12:00:17 AM »

does anyone have any idea who will be taking over Bernie Sander's seat in the House? 

Hard to tell seeing as how there may or may not also be an open Governor's race.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 01:22:55 AM »

of all these candidates, who (from either party) would look to be the most likely to win this seat, in your opinion? 

Probably, the Republican Governor, Jim Douglas.  But I really doubt he'll run for this seat.  Douglas will either run for Senate or stay in his cozy little Governors mansion.  Other than Douglas... Peter Welch, maybe?  President of the state Senate, on and off, for close to twenty years and, as a lawyer, does commercials for his firm that run on local TV (solid name recognition and media exposure).

I also doubt Douglas will run for House, but Dubie very well could.  I don't think any of the other Republicans stand a chance....I have no idea about the IDX guy, but I also don't think he will run for House.

Racine would be strong candidate on the Dem side, as would Welch.   I know basically nothing about the other statewide officials on the list.

Clavelle is an interesting possibility.  He would be the natural candidate for the seat if he hadn't run for Governor.   But I'm not sure how much of the Democratic Party's good will toward him has now evaporated after his disappointing 2004 campaign though.  Perhaps he will run as a Progressive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies