Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:13:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 223253 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: February 17, 2015, 06:10:39 PM »

Knowing Bushie's favorite foods, I think there is only one solution that would work for him..........

STOP EATING BREAD.

Others have said it, but it bears repeating.

Yep. There is no evidence that a low fat, high carb diet causes you to lose weight, but plenty of evidence that a low carb, high fat diet can cause you to lose weight. The grain industry just happens to have a lot of lobbyists, so the government doesn't tell you that. Instead, they include pizza as a "vegetable" on school cafeteria menus.

Bushie  could eat all the burgers, hotdogs, cheese, and fat he wants. If he stops eating pasta, bread, rice, and other processed sugars, he will[/i] lose weight, and fast.

As of now, he won't lose much just not eating fries with his bacon cheeseburgers and only having two hotdogs instead of four. He may drop down to 270 merely because he's eating less calories than usual, but he'll never be healthier doing that.

The thing is, the substitutions are not that hard to make
1. Eat the cheeseburger without the bun (no fries too obviously) and order it with a salad.
2. Eat the hotdogs w/o buns (ideally wrapped in lettuce)
3. For Mexican food, this is a little tougher, but opt for corn tortillas instead of flour and I'd probably just avoid the rice.  If you must eat rice, then opt for whole grain.
4. For pizza, just limit your portion size and supplement with salad.  Thin crust is a must.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #451 on: February 17, 2015, 06:40:50 PM »

You can get burgers wrapped in lettuce anywhere. I did that at five guys the other day to celebrate red meat before I give it up for the Greek Jesus during lent.

Hot dogs are fine with some sour kraut and mustard. Mexican is tough. The place near my house has good salads. I usually get them without corn or beans. And no pizza for me. I had some during the super bowl, but otherwise, no pizza. Bushie would do so much better if he followed this advice, but I know better. I'm just running my mouth for my own enjoyment.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #452 on: February 17, 2015, 06:53:31 PM »

I am going to use one of my eat out meals tonight and indulge in a little Braum's.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #453 on: February 17, 2015, 06:55:14 PM »

I am going to use one of my eat out meals tonight and indulge in a little Braum's.

Use at your own discretion, but NOT Braum's!! Seriously, unless it's a salad, I'd stay away.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #454 on: February 17, 2015, 06:55:43 PM »

Lol. And this is why the diet talk is just a waste.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #455 on: February 17, 2015, 07:01:43 PM »

Well, Bushie's  already used both of his cheat meals for the week. Now the big test - can he go from now until the end of Saturday without eating out?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #456 on: February 17, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »

The problem with Bushie's diet isn't that he's eating bread (to the extent that you can describe what he eats with his burgers as 'bread', and I'm not entirely sure if you can). It isn't even really that he mostly eats junk food or that he doesn't eat enough vegetables (although these are both bad things). The problem is gluttony, and the problem is compounded by his entirely sedentary existence. Crankish diets will do him no good for all kinds of reasons, but the main one is that he doesn't need to go on a diet, what he needs a fundamental change of lifestyle. To be specific (and to give the ancient advice) he needs to eat (vastly) less and exercise more. Though the latter should come in baby steps or he'll die of a heart attack.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #457 on: February 17, 2015, 07:22:55 PM »

A simple search shows most likely it was about how some guy killed some dude outside his ex gf house. You were probably nappin when it happened

OMFG, can you imagine if they call Bushie as a witness?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #458 on: February 17, 2015, 07:26:01 PM »

Crime stats says Tulsa is 5th in the nation rapes, with 79.2 per 100k. Minneapolis is #1 with 103 per 100k.

Maybe BRTD would like Tulsa after all.

No, a higher rape crime rate is simply an indication of a more fun city to live in.
Panda Express

« Reply #459 on: February 17, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »

You already used like 4 cheat meals last week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #460 on: February 17, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »

Crime stats says Tulsa is 5th in the nation rapes, with 79.2 per 100k. Minneapolis is #1 with 103 per 100k.

Maybe BRTD would like Tulsa after all.

No, a higher rape crime rate is simply an indication of a more fun city to live in.

Opebo, is that you?
Panda Express

« Reply #461 on: February 17, 2015, 07:44:50 PM »

BushOkahoma, what are your thoughts on this story. Good or bad?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thinkprogress.org/education/2015/02/17/3623683/oklahoma-lawmakers-vote-overwhleming-ban-advanced-placement-history-class/
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: February 17, 2015, 07:56:35 PM »

I am against this bill because it aims to do away with AP courses.  The AP courses are not harmful and are a great way for select students to potentially get a leg up in their college courses.  I took several AP courses in high school from my sophomore year and up in History and English and I was ahead of most students in Math.  I believe without a doubt I benefited greatly from the AP courses and I believe I could have passed an AP exam for college credit.  I didn't do that, but I probably could have.
Panda Express

« Reply #463 on: February 17, 2015, 07:58:34 PM »

I am against this bill because it aims to do away with AP courses.  The AP courses are not harmful and are a great way for select students to potentially get a leg up in their college courses.  I took several AP courses in high school from my sophomore year and up in History and English and I was ahead of most students in Math.  I believe without a doubt I benefited greatly from the AP courses and I believe I could have passed an AP exam for college credit.  I didn't do that, but I probably could have.

Good for you, dawg. Why didn't you take the AP tests though in high school?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #464 on: February 17, 2015, 08:04:18 PM »

I am against this bill because it aims to do away with AP courses.  The AP courses are not harmful and are a great way for select students to potentially get a leg up in their college courses.  I took several AP courses in high school from my sophomore year and up in History and English and I was ahead of most students in Math.  I believe without a doubt I benefited greatly from the AP courses and I believe I could have passed an AP exam for college credit.  I didn't do that, but I probably could have.

Good for you, dawg. Why didn't you take the AP tests though in high school?

I lacked the self confidence back then to believe I could pass.  I still struggle with that 14 years after I graduated, but looking back I believe I could pass and I could probay have done better on the ACT (I got 23) and could have gotten into the University of Oklahoma.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #465 on: February 17, 2015, 10:35:08 PM »

Bushie, if you're going to keep eating bread, you should at least switch to whole wheat. It won't spike your blood sugar as much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: February 17, 2015, 10:44:04 PM »

I just found out why I saw the News on 6 vehicles in my apartment complex.  They were doing a story on PSO Electric installing smart meters around Tulsa and my apartment complex being the first customers to receive the meters.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #467 on: February 17, 2015, 11:55:35 PM »

I just found out why I saw the News on 6 vehicles in my apartment complex.  They were doing a story on PSO Electric installing smart meters around Tulsa and my apartment complex being the first customers to receive the meters.

Wow!  What a flashback to ONG!  The writers are on their game!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #468 on: February 18, 2015, 12:31:25 AM »

I'll bet the guys running the meth lab next door were freaking out!
Panda Express

« Reply #469 on: February 18, 2015, 12:52:55 AM »

Bushie, can you describe some of your neighbors at your apartment complex?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #470 on: February 18, 2015, 12:57:44 AM »

quiet people
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #471 on: February 18, 2015, 01:45:42 AM »

Is it mostly white folk, or are there black or Hispanic residents? (I assume no Asians live in Oklahoma and the Indians are too busy living in their luxurious uber rich reservations to slum it with the proles.)
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #472 on: February 18, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »

quiet people
Fascinating.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #473 on: February 18, 2015, 01:56:38 AM »

I didn't realize it at the time, but when I was morbidly obese, my eating was a coping mechanism and an addiction. Eating sugar- and carb-laden fast food is a cheap high. It's a pretty ugly cycle, too -- the more you eat, the worse you feel about yourself. And the best, quickest way to feel better is to eat more. (Heading to Braums -- what a treat!)

My weight loss didn't happen because I miraculously found the willpower to stop eating and change my lifestyle all at once. It happened because one day, I made a non-weight-related decision to drink more Gatorade and less Coke. I lost 30 pounds fairly quickly, which surprised me -- and encouraged me to make other small changes to my lifestyle. Like switching from white breads to wheat breads (and from standard pasta to whole wheat pasta, another switch Bushie could easily make to improve his health dramatically).

As you start to reduce the amount of fast-acting sugars you intake, you slowly wean yourself off the addiction. Some people can give up smoking cold turkey; others need a more gradual approach that involves a reduction in smoking frequency and nicotine gum. The cold turkey approach takes a lot of willpower -- a trait Bushie is clearly lacking in. Instead, he needs to make gradual changes to prove to himself that he actually has the power to lose weight (and that it's not nearly as hard as he thought to do so).

Bushie definitely needs a fundamental change in lifestyle, but expecting him to embrace one overnight will simply never happen.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #474 on: February 18, 2015, 01:57:39 AM »

By "quiet people", it's people who aren't around much during the day and have blacked-out windows.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies