Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:51:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221115 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2015, 08:51:12 PM »

I love how Bushie gets lettuce, no tomato on bacon burgers but tomato, no lettuce on BLTs. I'm sure there's a system behind it too!

I would have put lettuce on the sandwich making it a true BLT, but I have no lettuce.

Doesn't matter.  There isn't anything in lettuce.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #401 on: February 16, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »

you really need to cut out the bread

a nice salad of hearty lettuce, tomato, and bacon bits would be better than a BLT.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #402 on: February 16, 2015, 10:09:22 PM »

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day job hunting as we'll be more than 24 hours removed from the snowfall, and thus people should be able to get back to work.  Today wasn't a total loss on account of the phone call I got at 1230 this afternoon.  It sounds like the main roads are okay, just the side roads and neighborhood streets are treacherous.  I do need to try to venture out and get gas tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2015, 10:51:02 PM »

Put this in the dumb Bushie file:

I had crackers and cheese for a little snack earlier using the sliced cheese singles that I bought last fall, but never threw away.  My stomach is cramping up big time right now so I got to looking at the expiration date and it said November 2, 2014!!! Almost 4 months!!!  Needless to say the rest of the cheese is going in the trash tomorrow when I can take it to the dumpster...
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2015, 10:55:01 PM »

I had crackers and cheese for a little snack earlier using the sliced cheese singles that I bought last fall, but never threw away.  My stomach is cramping up big time right now so I got to looking at the expiration date and it said November 2, 2014!!! Almost 4 months!!!  Needless to say the rest of the cheese is going in the trash tomorrow when I can take it to the dumpster...

Ehhhh... Should make for some productive dumps.  Be sure to weigh in post-Apocalypse.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2015, 10:57:26 PM »

RIP Bushie
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #406 on: February 16, 2015, 11:00:58 PM »

lmao
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:42 PM »

Ehhhh... Should make for some productive dumps.  Be sure to weigh in post-Apocalypse.

Apocalypse is the correct terminology...  I'm paying dearly for my sins right now...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »

Cut out the bread and watch the weight fall off!

And I didn't think cheese really expired like that unless it was moldy. It might not be the cheese causing your latest stomach trouble.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »

Apocalypse is the correct terminology...  I'm paying dearly for my sins right now...

You're posting to the Update while s(h)itting on the toilet?!  Reported for indecency.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #410 on: February 16, 2015, 11:43:08 PM »

And I didn't think cheese really expired like that unless it was moldy. It might not be the cheese causing your latest stomach trouble.

I think the worst part is using "cheese" singles as the cheese with crackers. What kind of heathen are you?!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2015, 11:46:15 PM »

I think the worst part is using "cheese" singles as the cheese with crackers. What kind of heathen are you?!

Mama doesn't let Bushie use a knife.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #412 on: February 16, 2015, 11:46:31 PM »

Temp work is not necessarily worse than full time work and can be a lot better than retail, but only in very specific cases. For example a friend of mine is an architect and works contract to contract, the contracts being as short as a month and almost never over 3 months. So he's constantly interviewing and looking for new work. However since the contracts for that type of work tend to pay the equivalent of $70-80k a year, he's never hurting for money even when between contracts, as long as he doesn't blow all his money from the last one. There's a lot of other people who work similarly, freelance writers, and programmers and IT professionals for hire being the best examples.

But in Bushie's case the equivalent would be some CADD professional doing high level work on a per contract basis. The problem with this is:

1-Bushie can't even hold an entry level CADD job.
2-Bushie probably would find some way to blow all his money even if he made the equivalent of $70k/year for 3 months before he got the next position.

Also I'd imagine working in such a way requires great references from previous work, which Bushie clearly would not get.

Also I should note that because of the nature of the work the guy in question often works at least 50 hours and a week and sometimes as high as 60 during contracts, but also often gets a 1-2 week breather time between contracts. That would not work with Bushie who has trouble working even 40 hours two weeks in a row.

So, you're saying that I'm inferior to your friend?

No, I don't think of people as being superior/inferior. This would actually be a pretty unChristian way of thinking about things obviously.

But what you need is hard facts. The facts I listed in that post are exactly why you can't hold down a job, and causing you all this trouble. It'd be one thing if you learned from your mistakes, but you never do. Look at how much effort it took to get you out of a new obvious scam job. So without this type of bluntness, nothing is going to get accomplished.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #413 on: February 16, 2015, 11:47:17 PM »

Yes, he doesn't know how to properly eat or properly enjoy good food, but that's the least of his worries I'd say.

Bushie's diet consists of comparing bacon cheeseburgers from every chain restaurant in America.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2015, 12:26:48 AM »

I've always wanted to know this, why do you have the Kenyan flag under your username?

Revisit previous seasons of Update (some have been deleted, fyi), and earlier this season dating back to March 2012 for details of my love for Kenya.

Bushie, will you respond to my PM about breakfast smoothie recipes that you might enjoy?  Contrary to popular Oklahoman belief, atheists do not eat babies and I guarantee you there are no babies in my smoothie recipe.  

(but really, it a thing I've been doing for a month and I have tons more energy)

I would like to hear about your breakfast smoothie recipes.

I will only give out my delicious smoothie recipes if Bushie follows through with trying it.

Damn it, Hockey, you know that's never gonna happen. And I'm getting tired of drinking blueberries and chia seeds morning after morning.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:09 AM »

It was the only cheese I had in my fridge.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2015, 12:46:48 AM »

Mama doesn't let Bushie use a knife.

Well at least that means he's getting a whole tomato in his bacon-tomato sandwiches! That's like two servings of fruits/vegetables! Progress!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #417 on: February 17, 2015, 12:47:20 AM »

If only someone would come and change the contents of Bushie's fridge so he wouldn't be forced to eat hotdogs and processed cheese product against his will.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #418 on: February 17, 2015, 01:13:01 AM »

If only someone would come and change the contents of Bushie's fridge so he wouldn't be forced to eat hotdogs and processed cheese product against his will.
Maybe God will do it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #419 on: February 17, 2015, 05:01:42 AM »

Damn it, Hockey, you know that's never gonna happen. And I'm getting tired of drinking blueberries and chia seeds morning after morning.

A good smoothie combines fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, seeds and nuts, and juice and/or milk.  For example, you could throw in some watermelon, or half an apple and half an orange, baby spinach or kale (and enough of it to constitute a serving or two) and half of a cucumber, and a couple servings of pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, oats and dried fruit, or peanuts.  I like to drink it with fresh grapefruit juice or soy milk.  You can tweak the combination to your tastes and desired nutrients but it will be a vitamin-rich start to the day with protein, calcium, iron, etc.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:38 AM »

Dear Friend,

Will you be watching the opening match of the Champions League kickoff today at 1:45:00 PM Central? I know you surely won't be venturing outside as Tulsa is experiencing some extreme cold. It might be good for you to curl up with some fine Oklahoma wine and four month old cheese to watch a match. Baby steps to a healthier lifestyle!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2015, 08:28:52 AM »

What's the over/under betting line on this morning's weigh-in?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »

OK, so a quick recap on the "diet":

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2015, 09:21:57 AM »

I don't think he ever actually ate that chili. But in the course of his first 8 days, he ate out unhealthily four times, I think he cooked spaghetti once, and the rest of the time was spent eating eggs, bacon and tomato sandwiches, moldy cheese, and hot dogs.

For his weight, I'll say somewhere between 283-287.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2015, 09:22:20 AM »

Perhaps Bushie is looking to lose weight in a way that scores a Jared-like deal with Sonic Drive-In.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies