Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:22:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221652 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: February 22, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »

Citation needed. They cannot be sold in restaurants in the state of California and in a few cities here and there, but there is no federal ban. The FDA has committed to maybe thinking about phasing them out as long as there's no snow and they don't have a grade >3 headache.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #801 on: February 22, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »

When I was hanging out with BRTD yesterday we talked about BushOklahoma. This gave me a terrifying realization that just as BRTD was a real person standing in front of me, Bushie was also a real person out there somewhere. This is terrifying.

Indeed.  I visualize people based on their avatars, and the thought of some posters being real people (ss super flash, bronz, OC, solarstorm2012) is truly horrifying.

If NYE posts a pic I might have to leave.

For me it would be t_host1, although I expect the photo would just be an extreme close up of his left hand or an eyebrow.  Still, it would shake my confidence in everything I understand about him.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #802 on: February 22, 2015, 02:43:12 PM »

When I was hanging out with BRTD yesterday we talked about BushOklahoma. This gave me a terrifying realization that just as BRTD was a real person standing in front of me, Bushie was also a real person out there somewhere. This is terrifying.

Indeed.  I visualize people based on their avatars, and the thought of some posters being real people (ss super flash, bronz, OC, solarstorm2012) is truly horrifying.

If NYE posts a pic I might have to leave.

For me it would be t_host1, although I expect the photo would just be an extreme close up of his its left hand or an eyebrow.  Still, it would shake my confidence in everything I understand about him. it.

Fixed.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #803 on: February 22, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »

There is no ban on trans fats.

In 2013, the FDA officially announced that they are not generally recognized as safe. As a result, most companies abandoned their use of them.

Of course, no one can make teams fats illegal. That would violate Bushie's OKLAHOMA FREEDOMS. Freedom to get sicker than he currently is now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #804 on: February 22, 2015, 03:02:44 PM »

In 2013, the FDA officially announced that they are not generally recognized as safe. As a result, most companies abandoned their use of them.

Of course, no one can make teams fats illegal. That would violate Bushie's OKLAHOMA FREEDOMS. Freedom to get sicker than he currently is now.

Yes, but if most of the big purchasers have pulled the plug because of this ruling, it should be near impossible to find an affordable producer of hydrogenated oil? Most of the trans fats in food came from vegetable oil and shortening and Crisco/Wesson/etc all got rid of trans fats.

Braum's brags on their site that they don't have trans fat in their fries
http://www.braums.com/menus/grill/fries-and-drinks/

And the nutritional labels for their breads and muffins all say 0g trans fat.

I'm guessing the cinnamon roll nutrition label is just old and it's 0g trans fat right now too. It's still not a healthy option for breakfast, as ODF's massive headache 24 hours later shows.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #805 on: February 22, 2015, 04:12:14 PM »

ODF misses more church than any church goer I know. Probably a few flurries kept him away. Pussy.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #806 on: February 22, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »

ODF misses more church than any church goer I know. Probably a few flurries kept him away. Pussy.

Now Uncle Gramps, he had at least a Grade 6, too.  How can one navigate a treacherous flurry while dealing with a Grade 6?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #807 on: February 22, 2015, 04:40:24 PM »

I haven't missed a Sunday morning service since late October.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #808 on: February 22, 2015, 04:44:16 PM »

Yes, but if most of the big purchasers have pulled the plug because of this ruling, it should be near impossible to find an affordable producer of hydrogenated oil?

municipalities have banned it in restaurants.  NYC's was effective as early as 2007, iirc.  many chains abandoned it completely at that point: it became cheaper to not use trans fats at all than to send one type of oil to certain cities and another to all the others.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #809 on: February 22, 2015, 06:27:57 PM »

Also I found out he completely missed the whole Antichrist speculation/Revelation's trumpets arc. Someone who isn't so tired should fill in! But here's the original post that kicked it off:

Good evening, guys!  Based on studying Bible prophecy and then doing some research, I think I have stumbled across a candidate who fits the bill that the Bible points out for the Antichrist.  It is not Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama or Tony Blair.  He is a newcomer to the world scene - the new Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras.  Here is what I believe that matches up with Scripture.  He is an atheist, first and foremost.  As a child in the early 1980's, he became involved with the Communist Youth of Greece.  He is leader of the Coalition of the Radical Left political party in Greece.  He is from Athens, Greece which fulfills the prophecy that he must come the European Union (the reborn Holy Roman Empire) and from Macedonia which includes Greece.  He is very pro-Palestine.  He has already talked with Pope Francis, who is shaping up to be the False Prophet, and they see eye to eye on a lot of thing.  I can't say 100% certain that he is indeed the Antichrist, but he is the best candidate we've had so far.  So, take that and chew on it for a little while. Smiley
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #810 on: February 22, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »

It's been a while since I've posted in here, Jeff, and I didn't respond to your weak defense of yourself from a week ago ... but it's clear you've backslid once again.

- You started a "diet," only to have continuous cheat days when the fancy strikes you
 - You committed to drinking water daily (novel concept!) and then haven't followed through
 - You committed to walking a measly 20 minutes daily and haven't been able to keep it up
 - You've turned your back on logical job searching in favor of call centers / help desks
 - Your "beliefs" that judge and label others are abhorrent (you've labeled another human being as the anti-Christ, for God's sake!)

Jeff, since you're absolutely insistent on living life as a caricature, here's what I'm going to do:

Have you ever heard of "The Opie and Anthony Show?" Well, it's not Opie and Anthony anymore ... it's Opie and Jim Norton. It's a nationally-syndicated radio show where folks like you -- folks who refuse to make progress, take the simplest of advice, and generally run their own existences into the ground (and pretend everything's rosy) -- can get some air time.

They've made "stars" of Diana Orbani ("Lady Di"), Bobo, Big A and others.

I'm VERY tempted to submit the entire Update saga to Opie and Jim and have you become a new character on their show! The characters only work if their stories are hopeless, cyclical and they never help themselves succeed.

Think of it ... Update may have a national platform! Now, of course, you'd find out what REAL mocking is like ... Opie and Jim are absolutely ruthless in how they brutalize and make fun of their "guests." But you may finally have the spotlight that Update truly deserves! Let's share the frustration with millions nationwide! :-)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #811 on: February 22, 2015, 07:03:04 PM »

It's been a while since I've posted in here, Jeff, and I didn't respond to your weak defense of yourself from a week ago ... but it's clear you've backslid once again.

- You started a "diet," only to have continuous cheat days when the fancy strikes you
 - You committed to drinking water daily (novel concept!) and then haven't followed through
 - You committed to walking a measly 20 minutes daily and haven't been able to keep it up
 - You've turned your back on logical job searching in favor of call centers / help desks
 - Your "beliefs" that judge and label others are abhorrent (you've labeled another human being as the anti-Christ, for God's sake!)

Jeff, since you're absolutely insistent on living life as a caricature, here's what I'm going to do:

Have you ever heard of "The Opie and Anthony Show?" Well, it's not Opie and Anthony anymore ... it's Opie and Jim Norton. It's a nationally-syndicated radio show where folks like you -- folks who refuse to make progress, take the simplest of advice, and generally run their own existences into the ground (and pretend everything's rosy) -- can get some air time.

They've made "stars" of Diana Orbani ("Lady Di"), Bobo, Big A and others.

I'm VERY tempted to submit the entire Update saga to Opie and Jim and have you become a new character on their show! The characters only work if their stories are hopeless, cyclical and they never help themselves succeed.

Think of it ... Update may have a national platform! Now, of course, you'd find out what REAL mocking is like ... Opie and Jim are absolutely ruthless in how they brutalize and make fun of their "guests." But you may finally have the spotlight that Update truly deserves! Let's share the frustration with millions nationwide! :-)

I'd say he would work a lot better as one of Stern's Wack Pack.  Howard has even hired a bunch of them to work on the show! 
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #812 on: February 22, 2015, 07:06:58 PM »

I'd say he would work a lot better as one of Stern's Wack Pack.  Howard has even hired a bunch of them to work on the show! 

I'd personally take the unscripted and unpaid mockery of O&J vs. a gig that financially encourages his lifestyle ... but, six of one, half-dozen of the other.

I think it's time the world sees this farce.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #813 on: February 22, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »

Wow even J-Mann's given up on Bushie now! We may truly be reaching the nadir of Bushie's saga here... Sad
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #814 on: February 22, 2015, 07:19:42 PM »

Also I found out he completely missed the whole Antichrist speculation/Revelation's trumpets arc. Someone who isn't so tired should fill in! But here's the original post that kicked it off:

Good evening, guys!  Based on studying Bible prophecy and then doing some research, I think I have stumbled across a candidate who fits the bill that the Bible points out for the Antichrist.  It is not Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama or Tony Blair.  He is a newcomer to the world scene - the new Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras.  Here is what I believe that matches up with Scripture.  He is an atheist, first and foremost.  As a child in the early 1980's, he became involved with the Communist Youth of Greece.  He is leader of the Coalition of the Radical Left political party in Greece.  He is from Athens, Greece which fulfills the prophecy that he must come the European Union (the reborn Holy Roman Empire) and from Macedonia which includes Greece.  He is very pro-Palestine.  He has already talked with Pope Francis, who is shaping up to be the False Prophet, and they see eye to eye on a lot of thing.  I can't say 100% certain that he is indeed the Antichrist, but he is the best candidate we've had so far.  So, take that and chew on it for a little while. Smiley

Wow, that's fascinating.  My young adults group at church here is probably going to start a series about Revelation and discussion of the end times this spring, based almost entirely on the discovery that the only time the term "Antichrist" comes up in the Bible is in 1 and 2 John.  What an interesting observation on Bushie's part.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #815 on: February 22, 2015, 07:20:55 PM »

Wow even J-Mann's given up on Bushie now! We may truly be reaching the nadir of Bushie's saga here... Sad

I've had people who worked for me that refused to change. They would pay lip service to advice, seem agreeable, even make some immediate and surface-level progress toward the improvement that both they and I agreed they needed.

But then they backslid. Whether it was following a process that WAS superior to their "plan," or doing the right things that were required for the health of the company, they almost immediately forgot their promise to me and to themselves to improve.

I fired those people. Not immediately ... usually I waited way too long. But I fired them. Because they weren't worth the continued investment.

Jeff isn't worth anyone's continued investment. He is weak. He can't commit. He refuses to do what's best for himself, even if the reward is a better life -- better health, more freedom, etc. His skin could literally be on fire, and he'd have to think hard about someone's advice to stop, drop and roll.

But I can't fire Jeff.

What I can do is magnify his story ... if we're locked into watching an endless, repetitive charade wherein the person in whom you've invested probably dozens (if not hundreds) of hours of heartfelt advice outright REFUSES to change ... well, why not share the charade with the world? I mean, many of us get some sort of pleasure in Update, right? Why limit that pleasure to only a few dozen Atlasians, when the world could be hearing this tale?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #816 on: February 22, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »

Wow, J-Mann, you've deserted me because I'm weak?  You are obviously not a true friend because a true friend would NEVER give up on their friends no matter what.  I think it's time to close the Update as nobody seems to care anymore.  I'll go back to talking politics.  You guys continue to insist you are friends, but you are pathetic friends, at best.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #817 on: February 22, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »

I managed to discover an interesting old Bushie post from a deleted thread (RIP) that was preserved by Fundies Say The Darndest Thing.

Needless to say, I demand a flashback of this:

http://fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=39256
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Panda Express

« Reply #818 on: February 22, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »

Wow, J-Mann, you've deserted me because I'm weak?  You are obviously not a true friend because a true friend would NEVER give up on their friends no matter what.  I think it's time to close the Update as nobody seems to care anymore.  I'll go back to talking politics.  You guys continue to insist you are friends, but you are pathetic friends, at best.

You gave up on your diet after like 4 days. You're the pathetic one. Serious question - how can you expect us to believe in you?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #819 on: February 22, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »

JMann.  FF.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #820 on: February 22, 2015, 07:31:52 PM »

Perhaps you should become friends with healthy food and exercise, so that way you won't give up on them.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #821 on: February 22, 2015, 07:34:04 PM »

Perhaps you should become friends with healthy food and exercise, so that way you won't give up on them.

Indeed.  How about eating fruits and vegetables instead of junk food all the time?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #822 on: February 22, 2015, 07:39:34 PM »

You gave up on your diet after like 4 days. You're the pathetic one. Serious question - how can you expect us to believe in you?

^^^^^^^^^^
THIS.

Jeff ... how much have I invested in you (considering I'm some remote, over-the-internet person you've never met)? How much? How much time ... effort ... genuine advice and direction? How does that compare with the "God will provide!?" friends that never give you more substance than an ancient verse?

And how much of it have you EVER followed? HOW MUCH?

You gave up on an EASY diet and some basic lifestyle things after a few days!! And this is endless ... over five years of this. FIVE YEARS of us beating our heads against the wall.

I'll tell you one thing, Jeff ... I care about you a lot more than you seem to care about yourself. Do "friends" get frustrated with each other? Do they lay truth on the line? Do they call each other out?

You're damn right they do.

See if any of your "praise everything" friends call you on the carpet. One thing you can't take away from anyone on this ridiculous Update ... they've never not been there for you, even if it's "just" internet advice.

They've never turned away when you almost gave your f***ing social security and bank account information to a foreign scam organization. They never turned away after failed engagement after failed engagement. They never turned away after you put on 50 pounds over the last five years. But more than that ... THEY NEVER IGNORED YOUR PROBLEMS. Like you do. Like those you think are your "friends" do. Like your family does.

And you have the unmitigated gall to call anyone here "not true."

Open your eyes, Jeff. You're limping along as a non-entity and actually killing yourself. And some people have genuinely cared that you're doing it.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #823 on: February 22, 2015, 07:46:02 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2015, 07:56:25 PM by J-Mann »

Wow, J-Mann, you've deserted me because I'm weak?  You are obviously not a true friend because a true friend would NEVER give up on their friends no matter what.  I think it's time to close the Update as nobody seems to care anymore.  I'll go back to talking politics.  You guys continue to insist you are friends, but you are pathetic friends, at best.

And this, by the way -- you total f***ing jack off -- couldn't have been further from the truth. Go back and read the earliest "seasons" of this utter mockery of life. DO IT. Read them ... and see how supportive people were of you.

What good did it do? You spit in everyone's faces. Even in the last several months, you still get reams of good direction, advice and people wiling to listen to you and help you.

None of it matters.

So you want to talk about who's a terrible person? Look in the mirror at that fun-house reflection ... there's an awful person staring back, a dead-eyed sociopath. THAT person couldn't ever be a "true friend," as he does nothing but cheat, lie, steal time and effort from others around him and shows nothing but the most narcissistic of qualities.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #824 on: February 22, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »

I managed to discover an interesting old Bushie post from a deleted thread (RIP) that was preserved by Fundies Say The Darndest Thing.

Needless to say, I demand a flashback of this:

http://fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=39256
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

...what the [Inks].

The problems with this start with the fact that 'pleasure' is not a legitimate theological category (and is creepy to bring up in this context) and just get worse from there.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies