Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:00:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221661 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: February 22, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »

J-Mann, what I see in the mirror is a deeply flawed human being, but a human being that is trying.  I don't see a failure.  I see a success story in the making.  I see myself as God's child who is being led by God into great things.  I don't see a tragedy, I see a success.  I don't see an uncaring and unloving moocher.  I see a loving, kind individual who has had made mistakes, but who is trying his very best.  Basically, I am a sinner saved by grace.  Nothing more, but also nothing less.

Also, this.

Are you really trying your best? Can you say that with a straight face? Can you say that and truly believe it, or claim that it's not -- at best -- an obfuscation of the truth?

You claim to be capable of great things ... and maybe you are. I wouldn't have spent so much of my own time encouraging you if I didn't believe the same.

BUT WHEN HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY BEEN ABLE TO SAY THAT YOU GAVE SOMETHING YOUR ABSOLUTE, 100 PERCENT ALL-OUT EFFORT? Answer that. I'm interested to know your thoughts.

When? Was the 290 pounds down to 282 pounds up to 288 pounds representative of your best effort? Were your clock-watching CADD days representative of your best effort? I don't think you know what you're capable of because you've never truly tried.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #851 on: February 22, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »

Losing 8 pounds does not come by slothful eating.  That's how much I've lost.

You were at 288 this morning. So, are you saying your peak was 296? Or are you counting losing pounds that you've since gained back? Or are you lying?

Yes, I did have a bad couple of days and gained 3 pounds back, so im at a net loss of 5.

That's not true.  You lost a good deal of that weight *before* the diet started, because you were sick, and you lost your appetite.

You said here:

I could be accused of having a cheat day on the first day of the diet, but then I would answer by saying the diet hasn't officially started.  In one of my posts from yesterday, I said the weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.  So, I am going to start the diet at midnight Sunday morning, the beginning of the week.

Sunday morning means Sunday, Feb. 8th.  How much did you weigh that day?

I made it home from church.  This morning, I weighed in at 288, but I woke up too late for breakfast.

288 is how much you weighed on the morning of the first day of the diet.  If you are now back at 288, then you've lost a net of zero pounds since Day 1 of the diet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #852 on: February 22, 2015, 09:11:35 PM »

J-Mann, what I see in the mirror is a deeply flawed human being, but a human being that is trying.  I don't see a failure.  I see a success story in the making.  I see myself as God's child who is being led by God into great things.  I don't see a tragedy, I see a success.  I don't see an uncaring and unloving moocher.  I see a loving, kind individual who has had made mistakes, but who is trying his very best.  Basically, I am a sinner saved by grace.  Nothing more, but also nothing less.

Also, this.

Are you really trying your best? Can you say that with a straight face? Can you say that and truly believe it, or claim that it's not -- at best -- an obfuscation of the truth?

You claim to be capable of great things ... and maybe you are. I wouldn't have spent so much of my own time encouraging you if I didn't believe the same.

BUT WHEN HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY BEEN ABLE TO SAY THAT YOU GAVE SOMETHING YOUR ABSOLUTE, 100 PERCENT ALL-OUT EFFORT? Answer that. I'm interested to know your thoughts.

When? Was the 290 pounds down to 282 pounds up to 288 pounds representative of your best effort? Were your clock-watching CADD days representative of your best effort? I don't think you know what you're capable of because you've never truly tried.

There is a lot more I could be doing, but I have no reason not to be proud.  I can stand tall because I am giving all out effort.  I am investing in the lives of others telling them what my God has done for me.  I m not where I want to be by a long shot, but I am working every day to get there.  Some days are better than others and I do have set backs, but I am working to achieve what I know I should.  My parents see the effort I'm putting in.  They see im not just wasting my time or their time.  God is doing a good work in me and with His help, I am on my way to being all who He has called me to be, living up to my full potential.  I am a man with a purpose.  I am a man on a mission.  It may be hard for some people to see, but I'm getting better every day.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #853 on: February 22, 2015, 09:17:19 PM »

Also, this.

There is a lot more I could be doing, but I have no reason not to be proud.  I can stand tall because I am giving all out effort.  I am investing in the lives of others telling them what my God has done for me.  I m not where I want to be by a long shot, but I am working every day to get there.  Some days are better than others and I do have set backs, but I am working to achieve what I know I should.  My parents see the effort I'm putting in.  They see im not just wasting my time or their time.  God is doing a good work in me and with His help, I am on my way to being all who He has called me to be, living up to my full potential.  I am a man with a purpose.  I am a man on a mission.  It may be hard for some people to see, but I'm getting better every day.

How are you getting better? Explain. Those of us who have spent a great deal of our time trying to encourage you ... we aren't seeing it. It would be nice to know what the return is going to be. Leave the trite platitudes behind ... where is your execution? What have you done?

And again, look at the bold text. CAN YOU SAY THIS TRUTHFULLY? And if not ... what are you doing to be able to say it?

Jeff -- what do you think of the man who has the ability to push a pedestrian out of the way of a speeding car, and who knows that's the right thing to do in a dangerous situation, but stands by and does nothing because he knows he ultimately won't be held responsible for that person's death?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #854 on: February 22, 2015, 09:19:39 PM »

So, Bushie, you were really 296 lbs when claiming you were only 290 a couple of weeks ago?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #855 on: February 22, 2015, 09:20:19 PM »

Do your Grandmother and your parents still have those Americscam polices or have they run out? Just curious.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #856 on: February 22, 2015, 09:21:28 PM »

C'mon guys, Bushie is an addict. You're acting like he has free will. He needs an intervention or needs to hit rock bottom.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #857 on: February 22, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »

C'mon guys, Bushie is an addict. You're acting like he has free will. He needs an intervention or needs to hit rock bottom.

He's speeding like an out of control freight train straight towards the big three double zero. Sounds like rock bottom to me. Maybe he's waiting to lose a foot?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #858 on: February 22, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »

So, Bushie, you were really 296 lbs when claiming you were only 290 a couple of weeks ago?

He currently claims that he lost 8 pounds, then gained 3 back to sit at 288.  Which would mean that his peak weight would have been 293.  However, the highest he reported was 291 back in January:

He then lost a few pounds due to getting sick, and went down to 288.  Then he started the "diet", lost a few pounds and then gained them back, so he's right back at 288, the same weight he was the day the diet started.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #859 on: February 22, 2015, 09:32:27 PM »

He's speeding like an out of control freight train straight towards the big three double zero. Sounds like rock bottom to me. Maybe he's waiting to lose a foot?

I think the train has already crashed through that station. Bushie or the scale are lying.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #860 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:55 PM »

Losing 8 pounds does not come by slothful eating.  That's how much I've lost.

Unfortunately, Bushie, when you weigh as much as you do, 8 pounds is the "margin of error." No one weighs the same thing from day to day.

Besides, I'm healthier and leaner now at 185 pounds than I was at 135 pounds. What matters is not the number on the scale -- muscle weighs more than fat, after all -- but your waist size. When your existing clothes no longer fit correctly and you need to go out and buy new, smaller sizes, then you can claim real success.

I can remember the first time I shopped for new clothes at Kohls after losing weight. I dropped from a size 42 to a size 38, and it felt like the best thing in the world.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #861 on: February 22, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »

Bushie loves being a big fat fatty.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #862 on: February 22, 2015, 11:28:25 PM »

I am ready for another week of the job search.  I've got one place I'm thinking about going tomorrow morning sometime.  I also hope to hear good tidings from the phone interview I had last Thursday sometime this week.  I'm ready to shift gears from job searching to preparing for a start date.  I am starting to explore help desk possibilities again and the interview from Thursday is a help desk, but I'm doing so knowing that I had decent success as a contractor and then as an employee of Dell.  That job lasted nearly a year and only ended because of downsizing.  As crazy and foolish as it sounds, I feel I could still be there today had my position not been eliminated.  It is what it is, though.  I still had pretty good success there for 11 1/2 months.  I'm confident I can continue that success at another Help Desk.  I am not applying for any run-of-the-mill customer care call centers where I have not had success, but I am applying for help desk call centers where I have had at least moderate success.
Panda Express

« Reply #863 on: February 22, 2015, 11:30:34 PM »

Do you think Obama is part of the reason you have had no luck on the employment front?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #864 on: February 22, 2015, 11:34:45 PM »

Do you think Obama is part of the reason you have had no luck on the employment front?

I'm not going to blame him.  I don't think he has that much control.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #865 on: February 22, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »

Let me say in addition to my big post, that I am still looking for CAD jobs.  It's just that entry level CAD jobs have been hard to come by this month.  Everybody wants 2 or more years of experience.  I've only got 5 months experience total in 2 jobs.  How do I get the experience when nobody wants to give me the experience?  I haven't heard a peep from the Window Washing company.  I'm only adding in the Help Desk possibilities reluctantly.  I would much rather have a job, but I need money.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #866 on: February 22, 2015, 11:45:15 PM »

I still had pretty good success there for 11 1/2 months.  I'm confident I can continue that success at another Help Desk.  I am not applying for any run-of-the-mill customer care call centers where I have not had success, but I am applying for help desk call centers where I have had at least moderate success.

?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #867 on: February 23, 2015, 12:17:17 AM »

Your ability to hold down CAD jobs is actually even worse than your ability to hold down call center jobs.

We'll only be happy to here you have taken a blue collar job with little responsibility
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #868 on: February 23, 2015, 12:25:48 AM »

You aren't seriously suggesting that being laid off from my last job was my fault are you?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #869 on: February 23, 2015, 12:27:42 AM »

Get over your distaste of using your own car for work, and apply for a pizza delivery job (if you can handle driving in "flurries" during the bitterly cold ~30 degree weather of Oklahoman winters).

A few weeks ago, when you applied for that call center job, you said "I need income" to justify going back to the call center racket.  So why doesn't "I need income" prompt you to apply for pizza delivery?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #870 on: February 23, 2015, 12:34:44 AM »

You aren't seriously suggesting that being laid off from my last job was my fault are you?

Doesn't really matter. The first CAD job was more telling. You had a perfect small operation opportunity to become a full time hire but pissed it all away with stories of having a good laugh at all the "boneheaded mistakes" you made at work that day. Then you got fired.

6 months, 2 jobs, 1 firing, 1 lay off is worse than your call center experience.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #871 on: February 23, 2015, 12:38:27 AM »

Doesn't really matter. The first CAD job was more telling. You had a perfect small operation opportunity to become a full time hire but pissed it all away with stories of having a good laugh at all the "boneheaded mistakes" you made at work that day. Then you got fired.

6 months, 2 jobs, 1 firing, 1 lay off is worse than your call center experience.

I can see where you're coming from.  Still, though, I know I could handle it if given another opportunity.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #872 on: February 23, 2015, 12:38:59 AM »

Have you applied for this job yet? http://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/drafting-engineer-JV_IC1136950_KO0,17_IE474073.htm
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #873 on: February 23, 2015, 12:41:19 AM »

No, because I had not seen it until just now.  It looks like I'm a little late on that posting, too.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #874 on: February 23, 2015, 12:48:22 AM »

I'm not going to blame him.  I don't think he has that much control.

Curse this lowest unemployment rate in 7 years!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies