The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90285 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: February 15, 2015, 01:17:44 PM »
« edited: December 31, 2015, 12:56:10 AM by MattVT »

How about we me memoralize a poster whom actually deserves it? M'kay?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:21:49 PM »

The extended deadline for Islam/Iran to eliminate, to forget about it; death to Israel, death to America, western culture of infidel’s must convert, are, the years of ideological requirement, denials, expended human and currency resources for its quest of a nuclear bomb, must be renounced on the 31st of March 2015.

On behalf of the Obama ideal, the Democrat progressed premise, John Kerry – a Vietnam War Veteran has negotiated your presence.

What is your order of importance? Not negotiable at the top thru negotiable at the bottom. Where is your red line?

It is assumed that the Kerry-Clinton/Obama/Jaret/ team have something to negotiate with. What will it be that Islam will accept/take and Honor not to build the bomb and recognize the standing of Western Culture?

You Have One Week to Think About It +2.
1.   Guilt
2.   Food and Shelter
3.   Netflix’s
4.   National debt
5.   Night Court
6.   Sexual Identity
7.   Toilet Paper
8.   Entitlement
9.   Weaponry/Ammo
10.   Vengeance
11.   Craft Beer
12.   Education
13.   Republic Governance
14.   Chocolate
15.   9 Point Touchdowns
16.   Combustion
17.   Rap
18.   Communication
19.   Love
20.   Speech
21.   Gitmo
22.   Environment
23.   Ideology
24.   Law
25.   Grand ol’ Opry
26.   Mutual Destruction
27.   Faith
28.   Drugs
29.   Unions/Bureaucrat’s
30.   Courage
31.   Currency Reserve
32.   Health
33.   Natural Resource’s
34.   Trust
35.   Language
36.   Neighbor
37.   Skill
38.   Property
39.   Commitment
40.   Happiness

April 1st, having your order in order helps when the joke is on you. This year’s joke likely is going to be a bomb.  Kind of deep, in reality, when the disruptor appears, arrives - - - you’re late.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:21:49 AM »

Very good poster certainly, although I don't completely agree with some of his interpretations of history and sometimes his "New England Irishphobic Puritan Republican Federalists" type posts get a bit repetitive.

Granted.

I do admit on the subject I do have a bit of a chip my shoulder.  This might not seem the way to others but all too often I feel like a lot of people act like the only reason our ancestors were strongly Democratic was because they hated blacks (see blatant example here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=204846.msg4444968#msg4444968 which as far as I am concerned is barely masked bigotry under the guise and excuse of historical facts ) and not because they lived in areas populated by people who literally viewed them as vermin (and further, as has been noted by me several times earlier, the Irish were voting heavily Democratic (and extra emphasis on the word "heavily") since the times of Jefferson, it was not some thing that happened because of the Civil War draft).  It is almost as if the several hundred years of anti-Celtic prejudice, both in the Great Britain and in the largely Anglo and protestant parts of the colonies, suddenly vanished overnight when America became a country.  Given how often the former is stressed by ill educated people I find it necessary to bring this up whenever it is applicable.

The point is largely that the point of history is to learn from it, not to defend it.  The guys who "freed the slaves" were no saints just like many of the anti-Chinese Irish railroad workers in the west were no saints.  I guess I just feel that when actually examining the past and considering the issues many perceive New England Federalists, Whigs, and Republicans to somehow be faultless and good moral people just because they opposed slavery (so did the British Empire. . . . . ).  They tend to leave out things like the repeatedly mentioned anti-Irish bigotry, the anti-Jewish bigotry (of which even I don't cover as much as I should), the anti-Italian bigotry, the anti-Polish bigotry, hell most anti-ethnic white bigotry, the classism, support for what basically amounted to protestant supremacy in the form of moralistic legislation, the support for regressive tax and tariff policies with the main intent to fatten the pocketbooks of robber barons, as well as the indifference and cruelty of the Protestant Work Ethic TM to actually address issues like wage slavery and living conditions in the poor neighborhoods of urban areas.

The goal of modern liberalism should be to learn from those past mistakes and use those lessons to advance a more egalitarian and equal society.  We should no longer have to choose between racists and elitists.  We should no longer have to choose between moralists and corrupt urban bosses.  We should no longer have to choose between slavers and bankers.  The people of the past need no defense, they were extremely flawed people.  Which is why you often hear such clichés as "judge them in the context of their times!" even by far left people like myself (though I generally believe that the more accurate saying would be "judge them in the context of where you would be in the times").  People often act like when talking about the past one side has to be completely right.  Well, especially in the case of American History, this is wrong.  Winning the Civil War didn't prevent the GOP from being blamed for the Great Depression.  Being on the side of the "common man" didn't prevent the Democrats from being on the wrong side of the Civil War.  And etcetera etcetera.

And further, the lesson from the bigotry of the New England elites, which is largely whitewashed to protect the agenda of financial elitists and others, is that racism goes far beyond skin color and is more about the dominance and privilege of elite groups (this is also very true of the Southern planters and their slaves).  In other words, knowledge of such history is knowledge of exactly why elitism (which is openly embraced by many Democrats nowadays without any knowledge or care of the roots of cultural elitism in the country) is horrible and the party needs to embrace more economic populism (note, I mean that as in being advocates of the poor, not "muh fiscally liberal and socially conservative") to advance a liberal agenda.

I make no apologies, just like a Jew makes no apologies for bashing Hitler.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=213161.0

^This thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length