The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:24:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90225 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: February 15, 2015, 02:08:16 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »

TNF is on a roll -

Reminds me of when my PC friend took huge offense to the word "retard" because it may offend the retards.

Gtfo for using the term "PC" and for justifying the degradation of mentally challenged people by using a slur against them.

>2000+15
>implying that political correctness isn't a real thing used by liberals to shut down debate because they have no useful contributions of their own to an argument at any given moment
>implying that using the word 'retard' literally degrades people right then and there, even when not being used in the context in which it would be degrading or hurtful
>implying that your keyboard activism will do anything to stop turkisblau from using the word

Please return to Tumblr with all due haste

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 09:02:00 AM »

Nix is basically correct here, but more concisely I think Steve Albini was right (as per usual) on Political Correctness -

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The problem here is that said "awkward, stilted, revolution-speak language" is now once again an actual thing in the form of Tumblrista suburban crusaders and their fetishisation of the mystical power of language to a point that would make any self-respecting occultist blush.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 12:51:44 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2015, 12:58:17 PM by oakvale »

Politicus is correct here, I think. It's very easy to shriek NEO MALTHUSIAN LOL though, so.

e: Or not even so much that she's correct as that I dislike the tendency to dismiss any and all concerns about population growth as outdated hysteria.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »

THAT POST DOES NOT BELONG IN HERE!!!!!!!

Jesus F**king Christ people.

So, what, Beet's above screed or someone saying "fat people are fine" does? These threads are inherently a bad idea.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 03:19:23 PM »

Content removed so as to make context irrelevant and preserve only the truly excellent choices of adjectives:

The unapologetic criminals [...] the dithering defenders of slave power [...] ; the Strangelovian reprobates who brought us to the brink of a nuclear holocaust  [...] ;  [...] , an irredeemable, reptilian, white supremacist lush who never should have been allowed to take office in the first place; and  [...] , the genocidal, hyper-masculine savage.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 01:57:51 PM »

It really amazes me to watch people who have voted Republican all of their lives, who endlessly cheered on the likes of Ronald Reagan, both George Bushes (especially the second one - have we forgotten already??) as they did much to wreak havoc on America (and the rest of the world!) through destroying the social safety net, launching pointless and devastating wars, appointing thousands of right-wing hacks to the federal judiciary and the federal bureaucracy; who nodded in approval as congressional Republicans have, without exception, blocked much of President Obama's legislative agenda in an unprecedented display of bitter sore-loserdom; who have stoked the ugly, base, racist, sexist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, chauvinistic instincts of White America, long before Donald Trump cared about being a politician; and who, more than anyone else, enthusiastically endorse, promote, and intellectually rationalize the modern American conservative ideology - the single most destructive ideology in American politics, not least of all to black Americans and other minorities, immigrants, women, the LGBT community, the poor and the working classes; it really amazes me, to watch these people be horrified by the out-of-control Frankenstein(Trump) that they are directly responsible for creating.

Donald Trump may say a lot of outlandish and awful, bigoted bulls-it, but that's par for the course for the Republican Party for the last 50+ years. Take a good, hard look at the other Republican candidates in the race: John Kasich? The "moderate, sensible" Governor whose favorite pastimes have included not allowing gay people to get married, wrecking the public education system in Ohio, and  quietly slipping vile anti-choice/anti-abortion provisions into larger, less controversial budget bills? Marco Rubio, the Republican Senator from the state that recently gave us such "moderates" as Jeb Bush and Rick Scott? Ben Carson? Ted Cruz? Are you f-cking kidding me?

I have no sympathy for the Republican Establishment as they utterly failed to see the likes of Trump coming. I have no sympathy for people who focus obsessively on Trump while ignoring (or worse, promoting) other, equally vile Republican candidates. I have nothing but contempt for wealthy, elite Republicans who themselves have nothing but contempt for the less well-off or less-educated members of their own party who have been gravitating to Trump in large numbers.

As far as support for Trump goes; for me, it is strictly schadenfreude at the inevitable consequences of Republican electoral strategy, the right-wing media (National Review, FOX News, etc.) and other lifelong water-carriers for America's main right-wing party being utterly discredited, and other Establishment pricks who failed to take Donald Trump's candidacy seriously - until it was too late. No, I don't actually support Donald Trump or what he stands for (I'm a liberal Democrat, FFS) , but I fail to see how he is any worse than the Republican Party as a whole - and that most definitely includes the so-called "moderate" Republican Establishment.

If Trump is a fascist, then the Republican Party as it has existed for the past several decades is directly responsible for creating and enabling fascism in America. They can't wash their hands of that, no matter how hard they try.

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 12:01:42 PM »

It's slightly more than flashes. Keep the name. Spade's glory must live on here too even though some don't have access to his gorgeous posts.

^ Spade is one of the all time greats and his name should forever be attached to this thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies