NJ-Rutgers/Eagleton: Hillary clobbers all Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:37:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NJ-Rutgers/Eagleton: Hillary clobbers all Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-Rutgers/Eagleton: Hillary clobbers all Republicans  (Read 806 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2015, 09:28:02 AM »

58-35 Clinton/Christie

58-32 Clinton/Bush

60-29 Clinton/Walker

The Rutgers-Eagleton Poll was conducted by telephone using live callers February 3-10, 2015 with a scientifically selected random sample of 813 New Jersey adults. The sample contains a subsample of 694 registered voters. The poll was available in Spanish for respondents who requested to do it in that language. This telephone poll included 290 landline and 523 cell phone adults, all acquired through random digit dialing.

http://eagletonpoll.rutgers.edu/rep-clinton2016-feb2015
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:02:35 AM »

It's early, but Christie looks like he may lose NJ if he's the nominee to any Democrat. Walker and Bush needs to compete for the Garden State, but right now, it's Safe D.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »

It's early, but Christie looks like he may lose NJ if he's the nominee to any Democrat. Walker and Bush needs to compete for the Garden State, but right now, it's Safe D.

Why would they need to compete NJ? It's normally a safe D state.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »

Why would they need to compete NJ? It's normally a safe D state.

bronz is nostalgic for the days when there were dozens of competitive states.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 02:14:06 PM »

About right this poll looks. Obama won the state 57-42% over McCain in 2008 and Obama beat Romney 58-41% in NJ in 2012.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 06:26:23 PM »

Hillary is improving on Obama with whites but certainly more with northern whites than southern.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 08:16:09 PM »

Remember when people thought Christie could make NJ competitive?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 10:34:37 PM »

Hillary is improving on Obama with whites but certainly more with northern whites than southern.

What I noticed is that she is improving with whites in the big states (NY, FL, CA,...) and states that are already solidly Democratic. Not so much in the battleground states though (except for FL).

States for which I have seen polls of any kind since the November election (New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida) are not the sorts that would allow such a conclusion. All that I can say so far is that the map of a Hillary Clinton victory looks much like Obama in 2008 or 2012.

That two consecutive elections should have similar maps (1952/1956; 2000/2004; 2008/2012) isn't so surprising, since those have incumbents who win much the same constituencies in two consecutive elections. Three? Unheard-of!  Usually there is something about a different Presidential nominee that excites some voters that did not vote for the incumbent and turns off others.

I can't see Hillary Clinton losing any part of the Obama coalition of 2012 in 2016. Could she gain some? I have yet to see that. But one thing is sure; grafting a significant part of the Clinton-but not-Obama (or especially Carter-but-not Obama) coalition transforms a near-landslide into a full-blown landslide.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »

What I noticed is that she is improving with whites in the big states (NY, FL, CA,...) and states that are already solidly Democratic. Not so much in the battleground states though (except for FL).
I can't see Hillary Clinton losing any part of the Obama coalition of 2012 in 2016. Could she gain some? I have yet to see that. But one thing is sure; grafting a significant part of the Clinton-but not-Obama (or especially Carter-but-not Obama) coalition transforms a near-landslide into a full-blown landslide.

What about younger voters? Hispanics? Black men? Why is she polling so badly in Colorado if she is gets full support of the Obama coalition?

Not because of losing black men or Hispanics, that's for sure. The younger voters in Colorado are Latte libs/hipsters who voted Obama because they hate neo-cons, but they prefer Ron/Rand Paul types. They don't like Hillary because she's "establishment".
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »

What about younger voters? Hispanics? Black men? Why is she polling so badly in Colorado if she is gets full support of the Obama coalition?

Not because of losing black men or Hispanics, that's for sure. The younger voters in Colorado are Latte libs/hipsters who voted Obama because they hate neo-cons, but they prefer Ron/Rand Paul types. They don't like Hillary because she's "establishment".

That's exactly my point. The Obama coalition is not necessarily a Hillary/Democratic coalition.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies