SCANDAL: Turkisblau: "I'm just having fun with trying to plot things"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:11:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SCANDAL: Turkisblau: "I'm just having fun with trying to plot things"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SCANDAL: Turkisblau: "I'm just having fun with trying to plot things"  (Read 2906 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2015, 07:56:45 PM »

After my little spat with Turkisblau at the start of the campaign for Pacific Council, his doing by the way, I believed we had made amends. I was soon proven wrong however, and received a PM from an anonymous source with an entire conversation between him and another individual lambasting me, Griffin, and several other Atlasians. Furthermore he expresses he finds joy in plotting. I received the conversation roughly a week after the campaign began, but refrained from releasing it in order to not resort to his level and due to promises I made to several other individuals. But the campaign is over, and I have lost and have no problem exposing this surprising revelation.

On myself Turkisblau stated:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Furthermore, he reveals he engineered the results of the election and admits he enjoyed doing so:

On former President Nix, our esteemed Roll Eyes Speaker has the following to say (he's referencing Nix siding with me during Turkisblau's earlier attack):

Furthermore, there's more evidence Turkisblau schemed to get a council he can "control". He also revealed that he was plotting against the Governor, another member of his party:

*-Note that they refers to Gully and his party.

Turkisblau is plotting against his party, his region, and his fellow Atlasians in a despicable way. I cannot stand by and allow my region to be tarnished by his schemes, as he prefers Councillors he can control over active ones. Do we really want this kind of conduct in the Senate (which he has stated is his next ambition above) or will we stand up to "paranoid, crusty politicians like him who try to scheme in order to prevent democracy from being practiced? He's supposed to be a member of the People's Party and yet seeks to stem their voice in regional affairs.

I understand I've lost, and I wish Gully and Intell the best of luck in trying to manage such an abrasive Councillor. Furthermore I urge the two of them to not allow Turk to retain his title as Speaker and I hope the voters of Atlasia will reject his attempts to weasel his way into the Council. Furthermore if he has a problem with me, he should be transparent about it and not engage in attacks behind my back.

These were not PMs, but on Mibbit, so I have no qualms about sharing them.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »

That sure is
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »

So Turk tried to win an election and get an assembly that's most favorable to him? Isn't that pretty much the point of the game?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »

So Turk tried to win an election and get an assembly that's most favorable to him? Isn't that pretty much the point of the game?

He plotted against his own party, sought a council that was easy to "control" (not one which was favorable to him, and acted two-faced (scheming and insulting when he was supposed to have made amends, just look how he truly felt about Gully and co.).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 08:13:17 PM »

I was about to say we're setting a pretty dangerous sentiment, but it looks like we've been past that for a while.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 08:16:28 PM »

He plotted against his own party, sought a council that was easy to "control" (not one which was favorable to him, and acted two-faced (scheming and insulting when he was supposed to have made amends, just look how he truly felt about Gully and co.).

Spamage you are the one burning bridges. I have talked to leadership in TPP on what has occurred in these elections and they know all these details. We have agreed to move on; these conversations are from a point when I was scared at the future of my career and hoping to "plot" to save it. I'm sure that is understandable to many reading this. I made bad choices and thought that leadership in TPP had made you aware of what went on in the election. It is low that (those who shall not be named) have leaked private conversations where I used language that I don't think anyone should hear.

I assure all of those in my region that I have moved on from this petty fighting and I thought that all of us had. We had agreed that TPP was to move on as a cohesive unit past these elections. and I was hopeful that would occur.

I sincerely apologize for my comments to all concerned parties.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2015, 08:32:31 PM by Spamage »

Spamage you are the one burning bridges. I have talked to leadership in TPP on what has occurred in these elections and they know all these details. We have agreed to move on; these conversations are from a point when I was scared at the future of my career and hoping to "plot" to save it. I'm sure that is understandable to many reading this. I made bad choices and thought that leadership in TPP had made you aware of what went on in the election. It is low that (those who shall not be named) have leaked private conversations where I used language that I don't think anyone should hear.

I assure all of those in my region that I have moved on from this petty fighting and I thought that all of us had. We had agreed that TPP was to move on as a cohesive unit past these elections. and I was hopeful that would occur.

I have burned no bridges. I honestly thought we had made peace, but you betrayed my trust. Furthermore to I object to you saying "I have moved on from this"when these quotes were made recently and there is nothing to indicate your stance has changed. Your attacks were personal and unwarranted.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 08:34:41 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2015, 09:02:39 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

I have burned no bridges. I honestly thought we had made peace, but you betrayed my trust. Furthermore to I object to you saying "I have moved on from this"when these quotes were made recently and there is nothing to indicate your stance has changed.

None of those quotes are recent. We did make peace but now all of our dirty laundry is aired. I echo Simfan in saying that I hoped this wouldn't be a scandal.

We all talked in private about this issue and I assure you these mibbit logs are all rather old. Airing all this dirty laundry is ridiculous.

Yes, I worked to get Intell elected of course in the days leading up to the election but I had already moved on from the dirty campaigning after talking with TPP leadership about the Transcendental Democrats (that chat isn't even offensive to them. They know they are a leftist joke party). I should have let you personally know all of this instead of thinking it all would be conveyed; I thought sawx had talked to you. I know I made mistakes. I now know that it is ineffectual and burns bridges. I've been trying to repair my bridges and tear down the dams thank you very much.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 09:18:09 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2015, 09:53:54 PM by Governor Simfan34 »

No one will tear down any dams as long as I have anything to do with it!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 09:21:26 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2015, 09:23:43 PM by Spamage »

I have burned no bridges. I honestly thought we had made peace, but you betrayed my trust. Furthermore to I object to you saying "I have moved on from this"when these quotes were made recently and there is nothing to indicate your stance has changed.

None of those quotes are recent. We did make peace but now all of our dirty laundry is aired. I echo Simfan in saying that I hoped this wouldn't be a scandal.

We all talked in private about this issue and I assure you these mibbit logs are all rather old. Airing all this dirty laundry is ridiculous.

Yes, I worked to get Intell elected of course in the days leading up to the election but I had already moved on from the dirty campaigning after talking with TPP leadership about the Transcendental Democrats (that chat isn't even offensive to them. They know they are a leftist joke party). I should have let you personally know all of this instead of thinking it all would be conveyed; I thought sawx had talked to you. I know I made mistakes. I now know that it is ineffectual and burns bridges. I've been trying to repair my bridges and tear down the dams thank you very much.

These quotes are from roughly week ago, no more. You act as though they were further back, but they're not.

I sincerely doubt you've changed your tactics in the last 9 days.

Sawx did talk to me, but this was after that. I am alarmed your trying to write this off and mislead Atlasians about when this stuff was said. You "conveyed" nothing, I sincerely doubt anyone who did not have this chat thought you would be campaigning so hard against people within your own party.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 09:21:43 PM »

I'm glad that the sarcastic esteemed is catching on!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 09:29:01 PM »

I don't want to get involved on this regional political problem but why that anonymous person doesn't show up and tries to explain this better for all The People of this nation?!?!

By the way, despite your change of mind, Turk, those kind of words are very harsh, specially for an Internet Political Game, I used to have confidence on you but I'm not actually sure about your intentions  now....
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 09:32:42 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2015, 09:35:07 PM by Spamage »

I don't want to get involved on this regional political problem but why that anonymous person doesn't show up and tries to explain this better for all The People of this nation?!?!

By the way, despite your change of mind, Turk, those kind of words are very harsh, specially for an Internet Political Game, I used to have confidence on you but I'm not actually sure about your intentions  now....

The person who sent it didn't want to release it publicly at the time, but said it was fine after the election. I kept them anonymous at my own discretion, as I don't know whether or not they want their name released publicly.

I wrote the response to the conversation and complied the quotes. The anonymous individual gave me the conversation text, no more.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2015, 09:41:55 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

By the way, despite your change of mind, Turk, those kind of words are very harsh, specially for an Internet Political Game, I used to have confidence on you but I'm not actually sure about your intentions  now....

It was from a time when I was just trying to get by - I barely knew who TPP leadership was in order to change my situation through means that I now know to take.

I said mean things b/c I saw everyone against me and I thought that I was talking to someone in confidence. I would never say anything like that to hurt anyone.

I would also like to mention just how new I am to Atlasia. I picked fights as I thought that's how things were supposed to be done. I learned a lot through this past election cycle and I swear that I will never do anything of the sort again. I hope you understand how dedicated I am to being your councilor and I hope that shows through my legislative record and my record as Speaker.

I don't save all my mibbit chat logs so I do not know the exact dates but they are definitely not that recent. Do you mean they were sent to you a week ago?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 09:43:53 PM »

It was from a time when I was just trying to get by - I barely knew who TPP leadership was in order to change my situation through means that I now know to take.

I said mean things b/c I saw everyone against me and I thought that I was talking to someone in confidence. I would never say anything like that to hurt anyone.

I don't save all my mibbit chat logs so I do not know the exact dates but they are definitely not that recent. Do you mean they were sent to you a week ago?

Considering as a whole, this campaign was two weeks long (with me declaring on the 1st and you attacking me soon after) I'm positive it was roughly a week ago (give or take two days).

I am frustrated that you act as though you've reformed your character in the few days it's been. While I don't deny its possible, it's exceptionally rare, especially in Atlasia. Furthermore, your scheming succeeded. Considering the people you were making deals with voted as you wished, and the Council that was elected was also composed as you wished, I have a hard time believing that you called off your deal or reformed your ways.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2015, 09:51:26 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Considering as a whole, this campaign was two weeks long (with me declaring on the 1st and you attacking me soon after) I'm positive it was roughly a week ago (give or take two days).

I am frustrated that you act as though you've reformed your character in the few days it's been. While I don't deny its possible, it's exceptionally rare, especially in Atlasia. Furthermore, your scheming succeeded. Considering the people you were making deals with voted as you wished, and the Council that was elected was also composed as you wished, I have a hard time believing that you called off your deal or reformed your ways.

God, this campaign feels like it's gone on forever. Maybe 10 days ago? I really am unsure as mibbit has no records.

You have no idea how... convincing people in TPP can be. I made a lot of stupid decisions and I think that is blatantly obvious. To be honest, I have changed and I needed to in order to keep confidence in me. As I've said, I burned bridges and now I'm trying to repair them.

I now know how much more effective coordinating with TPP would have been than making rash decisions and dirty deals. I am sorry that things turned out the way that they did between us.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »

You are referencing Intell who's been registered for what, a month- and you apparently show concern about my vetoing legislation which I don't think something that would pop out of nowhere, and considering that I issued my first veto last week, I would imagine that these comments were made sometime afterwards.

Now perhaps we're operating on different definitions of "recent" but I'd call last week recent.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 10:04:41 PM »

You are referencing Intell who's been registered for what, a month- and you apparently show concern about my vetoing legislation which I don't think something that would pop out of nowhere, and considering that I issued my first veto last week, I would imagine that these comments were made sometime afterwards.

Now perhaps we're operating on different definitions of "recent" but I'd call last week recent.

I was mentioning the possibility of a veto. I'm murky on the timeline here - I do think that the campaign feels like it's gone on longer that it actually has due to all of my idiotic actions.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 10:05:02 PM »

Turkghazi
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 10:10:20 PM »

I was mentioning the possibility of a veto. I'm murky on the timeline here - I do think that the campaign feels like it's gone on longer that it actually has due to all of my idiotic actions.

And those would be? I'm not sure what "idiotic actions" you've taken.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 10:16:29 PM »

And those would be? I'm not sure what "idiotic actions" you've taken.

My initial comments on Spamage's record, those conversations on IRC, the deal with the TDs, and my ignoring of our party. Things I won't repeat.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 10:27:07 PM »

Yes, that episode with you and Spamage was regrettable. As is this one right now.

To quote- well I think it's obvious who was doing the talking- "there are no winners in this, only losers." It is advice well heeded.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 10:40:18 PM »

In this instance,

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 12:00:07 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2015, 02:15:41 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

I have been trying to put this episode behind me and I thought that I had after I finished talking with TPP leadership on these very same leaked IRC conversations. And yes I think we all say stupid things on IRC.

I believe you know why I dislike you but I do not want to open any more cans of worms tonight.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 12:01:04 AM »

A massage and hot tea sounds wonderful, Averroes. For any of us. Ah, it's things like this that make me wish that, well, I had more success in the interpersonal relationship department. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies