Scott Walker - America's answer to Stephen Harper? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:13:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker - America's answer to Stephen Harper? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Walker - America's answer to Stephen Harper?  (Read 5160 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 21, 2015, 06:00:06 PM »

So... Remind me again why you aren't a Democrat?

The real question is when are the radical Federal Reserve-destroying, Medicare-privatizing, federal funds-denying anarcho radicals who got loud in 2009 and took over the primary system going to stop pretending to be Republicans and join their own freakshow third party? The answer is not soon, but I will be the tortoise to their hare.

As opposed to the 2000's Republicans that ballooned the deficit, went to war on false pretenses, cut taxes without paying for it, and created a massive security state?

I'm not a big fan of either, but it's hard to argue the mid-2000's Republicans were better. 

It seems like you would've been a "Republican" in the '80s but since then, the party's gone downhill for you?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »

Harper has a Master's Degree in Economics, he is brilliant.

Walker is not in Harper's league.

A master's in econ isn't that impressive........I mean, a BS in engineering is loads harder.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 07:45:07 PM »

Harper has a Master's Degree in Economics, he is brilliant.

Walker is not in Harper's league.

A master's in econ isn't that impressive........I mean, a BS in engineering is loads harder.

At top 10-15 US schools, undergrad econ is usually considered an equivalent to engineering, physical science, comp sci, and math because there is a very high degree of quantitative emphasis according to Wall Street Oasis. (At non-elite schools, it's sort of already at an in-between tier of difficulty between those and some of the more rules-based disciplines.) At the graduate level, that quantitative element is ubiquitous. The comparison you are making isn't really fair as much as you love your engineering.

Nonetheless, the argument was that graduate work in economics >>>> a 2.5 whatever in an incomplete Mickey Mouse stratego curriculum only done so that he could obtain power in a semi-meaningless organization. I don't usually believe education is very indicative of intelligence, but it should be obvious that Harper is very bright. Hard to tell with Walker so far.

Good points.........I was speaking more along the lines of state universities where engineering tends to be kick-butt (a lot of weeding out) and econ not so much.  A master's in econ is impressive and I definitely like the field; I just thought "brilliant" was a bit of an overstatement.  Then again, no credentials really guarantee "brilliance," with Bush and his Harvard MBA.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies