Scott Walker - America's answer to Stephen Harper? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:17:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker - America's answer to Stephen Harper? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Walker - America's answer to Stephen Harper?  (Read 5147 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 19, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »

Romney, Dole, and Bush Sr were also Stephen Harper.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:03:31 PM »

Romney, Dole, and Bush Sr were also Stephen Harper.

What?Huh Romney and Dole never won

Walker will share that characteristic eventually.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 06:11:22 PM »

Not true. I don't hate Susana Martinez, Brian Sandoval, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford. I don't even really hate Scott Walker. I just recognize the fact that he will not be elected President of the United States and that Hillary Clinton will be.

The real question is why do all these other Republicans lower their standards and accept these "people" like Ted Cruz in their party. They are the real phony sheep.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 08:32:30 PM »

Not true. I don't hate Susana Martinez, Brian Sandoval, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford. I don't even really hate Scott Walker. I just recognize the fact that he will not be elected President of the United States and that Hillary Clinton will be.

The real question is why do all these other Republicans lower their standards and accept these "people" like Ted Cruz in their party. They are the real phony sheep.

I can accept that you're a Republican, but I've never really seen you irritated by Democrats or Democratic policies.

If they went in an actually annoying liberal direction like labeling/banning GMOs, NIMBYizing America to protect the people's unfounded whims, going full isolationist in national security matters, raising tax rates to ridiculous amounts across the board, and seriously backing unionization of all workers, then I'd have a reason to be irritated. But what are the national Democrats really advocating for at the moment?

Establishing a website where private health insurers can compete for business? Simplifying the once complexly regulated health insurance industry so all plans are simply 4 choices? Tax credits for purchasing health insurance? 10.10/hr minimum wage? Eliminating the bureaucracy tied to our immigration system and allowing a clear path for naturalization?

The only really irritating thin is stalling the Keystone XL, which is a bit NIMBY, but at the same time, the Republican idea that it's some amazing thing that will create millions of jobs is really hyperbole, too. It should be approved simply because it's not worth caring about in either direction.

To be irritated by what they stand for is irrational. The Obama Administration really is perfectly reasonable for any fair-minded citizen. There's nothing remotely controversial about what he advocates at the moment.  

And on a personal level, I have a full time job, I can afford everything I want, and I don't feel like my tax burden is really a burden at all. In fact, I could probably live on $500 less a month if I had to do so. So what reason would I have, at this moment, to be aligning myself hardline with a national Republican Party that isn't interested in anything else but cutting taxes and complaining about a government that is too big? I don't experience this at all. Anger about this would be pure spite.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 01:46:00 AM »

So... Remind me again why you aren't a Democrat?

Because I'm not a Democrat. I'm not the one who needs to leave. I am the real Republican. I am the true meaning of a conservative.

The real question is when are the radical Federal Reserve-destroying, Medicare-privatizing, federal funds-denying anarcho radicals who got loud in 2009 and took over the primary system going to stop pretending to be Republicans and join their own freakshow third party? The answer is not soon, but I will be the tortoise to their hare.

The demographic apocalypse is slowly coming. The Republican Party will have to be Republican again someday soon. They need my vote to win, anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies