General Senate Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:46:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  General Senate Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Senate Discussion  (Read 18795 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: June 15, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »

On the Absentee voting act, since a citizen could vote after the declaration period is over

You must be logged in to read this quote.

for the House election, is the only possibility for voting then on Thursday ? One day is better than none but it is a short period.

Since the declaration period is 24 hours before the election, I suppose it would be.  I think we should explore shortening the deadline for candidacy declarations (excluding write-in campaigns) so that people have more time to consider how they are going to vote before the election occurs.  I will likely introduce new legislation establishing a 72-hour window and amending the absentee voting bill accordingly if it passes.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 09:55:47 PM »

Last I heard about the Foreign Relations Review, Ted was just about done with it.  I have a link to the Google Doc, but I will not post it here without executive permission.

Come to think of it, does Snowguy even have this link?  This should have been managed immediately after his confirmation if not before the hearing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies