Greece threatens open Western Europe for jihadists, confiscating German property
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:25:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greece threatens open Western Europe for jihadists, confiscating German property
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Greece threatens open Western Europe for jihadists, confiscating German property  (Read 2524 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 04:23:28 AM »

I told you these people are clowns. Today another minister said that Poland was an ally of Nazi Germany during WWII.

Yes I know this government are clowns, but the average Greek are not dumber than the average European. So why have the last few Greek governments, kept using rhetoric which weaken their negotiation position. I'm in fact curious about this, it's not a rhetoric point. I think it's counterproductive behaviour and I wish to understand it.

Because we as a people think that being the descendants of Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and Alexander the Great gives us unique privileges over the northern Europe "barbarians".
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 04:39:32 AM »

I told you these people are clowns. Today another minister said that Poland was an ally of Nazi Germany during WWII.

Yes I know this government are clowns, but the average Greek are not dumber than the average European. So why have the last few Greek governments, kept using rhetoric which weaken their negotiation position. I'm in fact curious about this, it's not a rhetoric point. I think it's counterproductive behaviour and I wish to understand it.

Because we as a people think that being the descendants of Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and Alexander the Great gives us unique privileges over the northern Europe "barbarians".

I still don't get. Yes Greek see themselves as superior to other people, but that's not unique for the Greeks. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 04:54:26 AM »

I still don't get. Yes Greek see themselves as superior to other people, but that's not unique for the Greeks. 

Well, to be honest we don't just think we are superior to the other people. We also suffer perennially from a prosecution syndrome, that everybody is out there to get us, whether they are Americans, Germans, Jews, etc.
There is always a convenient scapegoat for our predicament, because we are of course perfect and never make mistakes.
swl
France

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 06:41:24 AM »

On a side note, Greek economy grew 0.8 percent in 2014: http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite2_1_13/03/2015_548177
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies