Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2019, 12:11:58 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Blind Jaunting, Apocrypha)
  2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 28062 times)
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 08, 2015, 12:44:06 am »
« edited: March 08, 2015, 11:21:24 pm by Governor Flo »

Img
September 30, 2015 at the Illinois Old State Capitol

LUIS GUTIÉRREZ
for PRESIDENT

We believe that America is never greater than when we protect the rights we have won, and strive to make real the call of our founders to create a more perfect union. We are never more American than when we demand that all people are treated with dignity and respect. We are never more patriotic than when we see a group of people being cast aside and demand the aggressors to stop. In America, we do not tolerate anyone being treated unfairly. We are truly American when we live up to our original promise of liberty and celebrate those quintessentially American words, "all men are created equal."

My friends, America faces a stark choice.  Immigrants, children, workers, teachers, the people that make our country so diverse and awe inspiring need bold, progressive leadership in the white house. Their future will be decided by whoever comes on top in the Presidential race.

For these reasons, I announce my candidacy for President of the United States.

Now, the road will be long and tough. We must work hard and diligently to win this primary. We must knock on every door, call every voter, and organize our voters to come out and win this for our immigrants, our working class, and our children. We have the capability to create real, substantive change in this country, we have the resources to overcome these obstacles and fight for common sense progressive values, we can accomplish these things, but I need your support.

If you feel that the working class should be able to move up in this society, join us! If you feel that children and our young people should have access to a free, world class education, join us! If you feel that our immigrants should have an easier pathway to citizenship, join us!

We can do the impossible, as we've shown time and time before. America is the birthplace of technological innovation; the internet, something which was once thought of as impossible. Americans created the automobile, people could only dream of that technology. America landed a man on the moon, something no man fifty years prior would have imagined possible.

My friends, mis amigos, we can accomplish anything if we're united in our causes...and we're going to stand united as one people, as one America.

Thank you and God bless!

WEEK OF 10/1/2015 TO 10/7/2015

October 1, 2015
-Fly to South Carolina
-Meet and greet in Charleston, SC
-Speech in Charleston, SC
Quote from: Excerpt from speech
The current Republican congress has blocked so many things that would be so beneficial to our most vulnerable Americans. From cutting food stamps to refusing to extend unemployment benefits has hurt our working class far too much while aiding the most wealthy Americans. The fact that they're putting preference for their donors over their real constituents is saddening. I will fight for our hard working people, not those who already have it made.
-Meet and greet in Columbia, SC

October 2, 2015
-Fly to Iowa
-Meet and greet in Des Moines, IA
-Meet and greet in Ames, IA
-Speech in Ames, IA
I believe that the best way for us to move forward as a country in an increasing globalized world is to invest in our kids. Not just our children entering prekindergarten, but our young adults as well, and, if elected, I will be fighting for our young adults so they can have two years of free college.

October 3, 2015
-Meet and greet in Marshalltown, IA
-Meet and greet in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Meet and greet in Iowa City, IA

October 4, 2015
-Fly to New Hampshire
-Meet and greet in Manchester, NH
-Speech in Manchester, NH
If I am elected, I will aggressively support a program that makes high quality preschool a reality for our little ones.

October 5, 2015
-Fly to Florida
-Attend Progress Florida fundraiser
-Meet and greet in Miami, FL
-Fly to Illinois

October 6, 2015
-Fundraiser in Chicago, IL
-Meet and greet in Chicago, IL
-Drive to Iowa
-Meet and greet in Davenport, IA

October 7, 2015
-Church service in Davenport, IA
-Speech in Davenport, IA
-Meet and greet in Iowa City, IA
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 11:54:06 pm »

Img

Quote from: Advertisement
We have shown throughout our history that we can overcome obstacles and achieve the impossible in this great country. We were the country that fought for public education. We were the country that landed a man on the moon. We were the country that claimed independence from the strongest empire in the world.

We have shown time and time again that we can achieve the impossible, and, for that reason, I ask you to join me in my bid to become the 45th President of the United States of America.

We will fight for education reform. We will fight income inequality. We will work tirelessly to bring our country into a new golden age, where no family will have to choose between paying the electric bill or the food bill, where no high school graduate will have to abandon their dreams of going to college, where no family must be split apart because they had dreams for their kids and decided to come to our country.

With your support...we can achieve the impossible.

Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 11:10:44 pm »

Quote from: Press Release
Walter Mondale was a true patriot, as a public servant and as a person. Congressman Gutiérrez would like to extend his condolences to the Mondale family in their time of grief.

ENDORSEMENTS
-Congressman Dave Loebsack of Iowa
-Congresswoman Robin Kelly of Illinois
-Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth of Illinois
-Congressman Bobby Rush of Illinois

-post will be edited soon to include schedule-
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 05:32:10 pm »

Rand Paul Ad

See, I'd love to do something like that, but I can only find images that look like this

Img
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 11:14:13 pm »

October 8, 2015
-Rally in Iowa City, IA
We cannot return to the Republican policies of the past. We cannot roll back regulations on corporations, cut funding from schools, raise taxes on the middle and working classes and lower it on the rich. Those policies were the ones that led us to the great recession, and I'll do whatever it takes to make sure that we keep funding for our kids, that we give a fair shot to middle and working class families to move up in this country. This election will determine our future, and I hope you stand with me and fight for the ones who are most vulnerable in our society.
-Meet and greet at the University of Iowa
-Speech in Ames, IA
-Meet and greet at Iowa State

October 9, 2015
-Speech in Des Moines, IA
What we need in this country is effective, progressive change, and I'm here to bring it to the oval office.
-Meet and greet in Des Moines, IA
-Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

October 10, 2015
-Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA
It is important for us to realize that climate change is happening, and it's not going to happen quietly. In Iowa, it poses a real threat to the farmland out here, and I can't just sit idly by.

October 11, 2015
-Rally in Davenport, IA
We cannot just keep helping the corporate interests while ignoring our children's future. That's morally wrong and economically stupid. We can do better than this.
-Meet and greet in Davenport, IA
-Meet and greet in Betendorf, IA

October 12, 2015
-Rally in Dubuque, IA
My father and mother worked hard to get where they are today, and I want to make sure every American has the chance to move up the economic ladder.
-Meet and greet in Dubuque, IA
-Interview with KWWL in Dubuque, IA

October 13, 2015
-Speech in Dubuque, IA
-Speech in Waterloo, IA

October 14, 2015
-Congressional duties

ADVERTISEMENT: STAND WITH ME

Img

Quote from: Yes, I'm using the speech to make an ad
We cannot return to the Republican policies of the past. We cannot roll back regulations on corporations, cut funding from schools, raise taxes on the middle and working classes and lower it on the rich. Those policies were the ones that led us to the great recession, and I'll do whatever it takes to make sure that we keep funding for our kids, that we give a fair shot to middle and working class families to move up in this country. This election will determine our future, and I hope you stand with me and fight for the ones who are most vulnerable in our society.

Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 12:01:29 am »

Quote from: Interview
Look, I've got all the respect in the world for SOS Clinton, but the fact of the matter is that progressives need a real choice in this election. One that is proven to win and dig inroads to various constituencies, and I believe I am the one to do that.

October 15, 2015
-Speech in Does Moines, Iowa
-Meeting with Polk County Democrats

October 16, 2015
-Rally at Iowa State University
Our future is in our young people, and if I'm elected President, I will fight congress so each and every one of you can get two years of tuition paid for.
-Meeting with Iowa State Young Democrats

October 17, 2015
-Rally at University of Iowa
-Meeting with the University of Iowa Young Democrats
-Meeting with the Johnson County Democrats

October 18, 2015
-Rally at the University of Northern Iowa
-Meeting with the Black Hawk County Democrats

October 19, 2015
-Meet and greet in Cedar Falls, IA

October 20, 2015
-Debate prep

October 21, 2015
-Congressional duties

Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 12:32:50 pm »

I am dropping out and endorsing the eventual Democratic nominee.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies