2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:34:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 36793 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: March 07, 2015, 08:44:55 PM »
« edited: March 08, 2015, 12:26:29 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

Jerry Brown for President 2016 - October 1st - 7th, 2015

"I was one of the first to stand against the North American Free Trade Agreement, and I believe my position has been vindicated by it's years of failure. With further free trade agreements, we've given away goodies to big corporations with little return in terms of growth in wages. In other words, the little guy gets the shaft. Under a Brown administration, we will re-negotiate these trade agreements with a firm hand, because as President, I want all Americans to benefit from trade, not just the 1%. Most of the Democratic Party, especially Hillary Clinton, won't fight that battle."

October 1st, 2015
- Speech in Sioux City, Iowa
- Meet and Greet in Sioux City, Iowa
- Meet and Greet in Denison, Iowa
- Meet and Greet in Harlan, Iowa

October 2nd, 2015
- Meet and Greet in Carrol, Iowa
- Town Hall in Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Town Hall in Webster City, Iowa
- Appearance on The Lead with Jake Tapper

Tapper - "The Democrats have an incredibly crowded field, my question to you is how do you stand out in a field that includes Hillary Clinton and John Kerry?"

Brown - "Well, while this is a field with a lot of potential talent, I think I have one experience that none of the others have, and that's taking a state out of a financial mess. Twice. When I came into office both times I ran, our budgets were a mess, and the fact was we were living beyond our means. I took a balanced approach to budgeting, cut spending and raised revenues, and sure enough, our budget situation in California turned around. I will stand for a sane fiscal policy and at the same time be able to tout my ability to get it done because of my years of experience. Washington often doesn't have a lot of responsibility, but when you're Governor of the largest state in the country, the buck stops with you, and I've managed to turn bad situations into good."

October 3rd, 2015
- Meet and Greet in Ames, Iowa
- Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa
- Meet and Greet in Newton, Iowa
- Town Hall in Iowa City, Iowa

October 4th, 2015
- Barnstorming in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Concord, New Hampshire
- Opening up Campaign Headquarters in Concord, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

"That's a good question, and from my point of view, it's those in power who have made this country worse. Look at PACs and SuperPACs, think about income inequality, look at this situation we've seen with Wall Street. The great crash came, and we saw the bankers protected over regular Americans, who suffered greatly. We need to do some very serious things to make sure regular hardworking Americans no longer get the shaft. I have a plan, to reform campaign financing so all campaigns are publically financed, to fight for better wages at home, and to make sure that those who violate the trust of the markets pay for their actions, not those who have been violated!"

October 5th, 2015
- Meeting with New Hampshire Senate Democrats
- Town Hall in Northwood, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Rochester, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Milton, New Hampshire

October 6th, 2015
- Town Hall in Ossipee, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Conway, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Glenn, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Lincoln, New Hampshire

"I don't support the expansion of government spying under President Bush or President Obama. I don't support keeping Guantamo Bay open. I know some of my fellow Democrats disagree with me, but we shouldn't violate the constitution and people's rights in order to make people feel safe. I guess I'm a bit of a libertarian when it comes to these issues, but if we keep the status quo on this we forsake our humanity. I call on all of the candidates in the Democratic field to stand on principle and fight for freedom instead of scaremongering people's freedom away. It's time we took the right stand on this, because we were right during the Bush administration and wrong during the Obama administration."

October 7th, 2015
Gubernatorial Duties
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:02:08 AM »

Jerry Brown Ad - A Quick 15
This ad airs only in New Hampshire and Iowa

"Because my campaign is funded by hard working Americans and not wealthy superdonors, I can only afford 15 seconds so I'll make this quick:

Corporate donors have dominated our politics for decades, and we see the results *graph shows declining middle class wages and increasing gini co-effecient*. As President, I will end their dominance by pushing a constitutional amendment, eliminating SuperPACs and PACs and making all campaigns publically financed. I'm Jerry Brown, and we can't have an honest discussion about what we want to with the future without getting rid of the special interests, and this is how we do it. Oh, and I approve this message."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »

Brown Campaign Statement on Walter Mondale
Today, we are greatly saddened by the loss of a brilliant public servant. Walter Mondale revolutionized the role of Vice President, and has always fought for the best interests of this country. Everyone at the Brown campaign sympathizes for his family and his loved ones.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »

Breaking: Former Senator Mark Udall to back Jerry Brown for President

"I legitimately thought I would be out of the political field, but Jerry Brown brought me back in. And I think he's an important voice in this race - I think Democrats aren't concerned enough about the privacy rights of average citizens, I think Democrats aren't concerned enough about income inequality, and I think Democrats aren't concerned enough about our growing infrastructure issues. We have spent too much time on the sidelines, and we need leadership that will stand boldly instead of blending in. Jerry Brown is someone who has stood out of the political status quo for a long time, and his record of results is astounding. I believe we can really shake up the country in the right way with Jerry Brown as our President, and he has my full endorsement."

Chicago Teacher Union Leader Karen Lewis backs Jerry Brown

"I've made it no secret that I am not pleased with the way the Democratic establishment has been shilling for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Nor have I made it a mistake that I supported any opponent of the re-election of Mayor Rahm Emanuel, is very much of the same cloth. Repubican-lite won't do, and Jerry Brown has had a career of being a fighter for people's interests, but doing so in a manner that doesn't break the bank so to speak. He will be a crucial leader on making college more affordable, protecting workers, and standing up for those in need. Brown has my full support."

California Senators support their Governor!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 04:39:10 PM »

Jerry Brown Press Conference on TPP Passage

"Over 20 years ago, I stood steadfast against NAFTA, the trade agreement that benefited large corporations and did little for take home pay. Over and over again, we follow in the NAFTA example, and give our earning power to foreign labor, while big companies benefit from their returns. TPP is another example of harmful trade practices at work, and it's a shame that Congress continues to give to their pals and not to the average person. It also proves another thing - voting Democrat won't protect you in this scenario. People of both parties voted for this agreement, which is shameful because free market conservatives shouldn't want this kind of crony capitalism either.

That's why, as President, I will call for a review of all previous trade agreements and, if so need, call for a re-negotiation so that we can balance it for everybody involved. So that we truly have a world market place. So that if we do have to make agreements in countries with poor conditions that they improve those conditions. So that wages finally go up for everyone. If we continue down this road we will be more unequal in terms of income than countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia. This is America - our country was founded on ideas of equality and freedom, and we need to make sure that people have the freedom to work for better wages, and people are more equal in terms of what their paid."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 04:16:14 PM »

Jerry Brown for President 2016 - October 7th - 14th, 2015

"While I want a democracy that truly represents everyone, a stronger education system, an environment free of toxins, and a booming economy, I believe we can't do all of those things without keeping our government in good financial shape. And if we look at our federal government, while things are improved under President Obama, we are still in a bad fiscal state, structurally and in practice. We can't run two hundred billion dollar deficits and expect prosperity. We have to think of innovative ways to solve the problem, and I have a few. First, we need to reform our tax code so that we bring in more funds. We can do that by eliminating corporate subsidies which do little for every day Americans, but also raise taxes so that we bring in more revenue. In addition, we have to reign in our military budget, which over the past couple of years has gotten out of control. And finally, we must evaluate the way we do things in all departments, and find ways to make them more accountable, more efficient, and better suited to solving today's problems.  With all of these measures, we can solve our deficit problem, and begin paying down the debt, so our children no longer have to live in fear of the day someone calls us on what we owe them."

October 8th, 2014 (With Mark Udall)
- Speech in Charleston, South Carolina
- Town Hall in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Meet and Greet in Beaufort, South Carolina
- Meet and Greet in Ridgeland, South Carolina

October 9th, 2014 (With Mark Udall)
- Press Conference on TPP (see previous update)
- Meet and Greet in Walterboro, South Carolina
- Town Hall in Orangeburg, South Carolina
- Barnstorming in Columbia, South Carolian

Todd: "Governor Brown, under your Governorship, you've pushed High Speed Rail, something a lot of people are thinking is the way of the future. Will you push this idea nationally, and why or why not?"

Brown: "I pushed High Speed Rail in California because I felt that infrastructure in this country is rotting, and as the leader of the biggest state in the country, I felt we need substantial changes to grow our economy, create jobs, but most importantly, create new ways of transporting people so that people get to where they want to go more efficiently and effectively. I believe it is the way of the future, and as President of the United States, I will push for broad infrastructure changes, including more High Speed Rail across this country, so that we no longer have this functionality problem we seem to have with our countries roads and bridges."

Todd: "Governor Brown, last time we had you on the program, you were unsure about pot legalization. After seeing more of the results, do you remain unsure, or have you definitively decided one way or the other?"

Brown: "Actually, Chuck, I came on this show to announce my change of heart. I have seen the results in Colorado and Washington, and I have to say I am beyond impressed. There has been a boost in their state economies, a decrease in the number of arrests, and general improvement of the state situation. Therefore, I am supporting the legalization of recreational use of pot. That being said, I will not push for national legalization, rather, I'll use my bully pulpit to push states in the right direction. Meanwhile, I will use my power on the hill to make sure we don't prosecute states that choose to make up their minds on the issue, and push legalization in D.C. I know that sounds like a cop out position, but most Democrats in this race still do not support even this position, which is discouraging to say the least. "

October 10th, 2015 (With Mark Udall and Karen Lewis)
- Barnstorming in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Town Hall in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Town Hall in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Appearance on Chuck Todd Tonight

October 11th, 2015 (With Mark Udall and Karen Lewis)
Meet and Greet in Red Oak, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Carroll, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, Iowa

October 12th, 2015 (With Mark Udall and Karen Lewis)
Meet and Greet in Cherokee, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Spencer, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Algona, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Estherville, Iowa

"I feel like the difference between myself and Hillary Clinton is one, not entirely of experience, though experience is a factor, not entirely of sense, though I believe I have the sense to lead this country, and not entirely of character, which I believe I have more of. I think the biggest favor is, who do you owe? Hillary Clinton has Goldman Sachs, Wall Street, and the defense contractors in her lane. I'll ask you all something, do you think that after their support, that she'll just go back to doing the best thing for the American people? Of course not. That's not how our politics work. She will owe them her life, and have to return the favor as President. Meanwhile, in my campaign for this office, I have refused corporate sponsors, and have taken money only from those who can give to it. With a $500 limit for each person who donates to me, I have been struggling to keep up fundraising of most of the candidates, and yet I'm fine with that because, If I do win, and with your support anything is possible, I will only be beholden to those who voted for me."

October 13th, 2015
Gubernatorial Duties

October 14th, 2015
Gubernatorial Duties
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »

Other Jerry Brown Surrogate Schedules
- Diane Feinstine will be campaigning in Arizona and New Mexico
- Barbara Boxer will be campaigning in Nevada
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 01:52:16 PM »

Former New Hampshire Rep - Brown's the right choice

"What we've seen in past administrations is a complete neglect for our working men and women. This is downright criminal. Working New Hampshirites have seen enough struggle in these days, we need someone who will stand up for their interests, and those same interests across this great nation of ours. Let's be frank - Hillary won't do it. Only Jerry Brown will. That's why he has my support."

Surprise Endorsement - Clooney backs Brown

"You know, I liked seeing my friend Arnold become Governor solely because he was my friend, but we all saw what happened when someone who was unready to do the job went into to do it. Our state was wrecked by the time he left. When Jerry Brown came in, we knew, this wouldn't be on the job training. *laughter* Now my ideas don't fully align with Mr. Brown. I'm not even so sure we have a deficit problem. But Mr. Brown not only has a lot of the right ideas, but he has the right experience to implement those ideas, and he has a warriors spirit. Plus he's the only person who cares enough about high speed rail to explain it in such detail. Really made my head spin. *chuckles*"

Democrats in the California Delegation back Governor Brown

"Governor Brown has done so much for our state. Us Californians have to back his serious credentials and his ability for serious leadership. We are going to stand by him during his campaign. It's early for all of us to stand by him, but that is a testament to his many years of service to this country, and his skills to get things done on behalf of the American people."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 10:07:13 PM »

Jerry Brown for President 2016 - The New Hampshire Tour!

"New Hampshire has a history of rewarding those who will work hard enough to win its primary. In my past campaigns, I've made the mistake of not putting forth the serious hand shaking that a Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter would do, and that came to bite me later on in my campaign. That's a mistake I won't be making this time around. Californians know I'm an old work horse who won't quit, no matter what anyone says, and I will fight for your best interest, not the best interest of those in Washington. I hope you come to learn that about me too in this great state."

October 15th, 2015
- Town Hall in Concord, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Suncook, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Weare, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Henniker, New Hampshire

Local New Hampshire News

Reporter - "Governor Brown, let's start this interview by addressing the elephant in the room - your age. If you won election, you would be easily the oldest president ever to win election. Can you sooth our concerns about your health, and do you think you could handle the rigors of the Presidency at your age."

Brown - "I'll give you one thing - I'm not as spry as I used to be. But let me tell, with age I've gotten even more vigilant about the issues I care about. And that's the bottom line of this race. It's not about who is the youngest hot shot who can slick talk their way to the White House, it's about real knowledge on the concrete issues that face America, a strong background in solving some of those issues, and a good moral character that sets yourself as a role model for this country, and I believe possess all three."

Reporter - "Well let's get to those issues then, Governor. One of the issues is immigration. Do you agree with Presidents executive action on immigration, and would've you gone even farther, or done less?"

Brown - "I agree with the President, but if you ask me, he hasn't used the bully pulpit enough to fight for true immigration reform. My plan, which I think would fix all of the problems our current system has, is to grant a pathway to citizenship for immigrants who are currently here. The crux of the problem that is left, the fact that we will still have people coming in in this manner, is one of incentive rather than one of a lack of border security. And those incentives come from one area - businesses. Now I don't want to over-regulate businesses, but in order to make sure those who have put forward their effort to come to this country legally, we must crack down on companies that hire illegal immigrants. Now we can tighten that enforcement in a couple of ways, but one way is streamlining the farm subsidy program and calling for harsher restrictions on companies that take advantage of workers. Another is limiting these EB5 programs that intend for good but ultimately leave us with a lot of workers who are in pilot programs that are being taken advantage of. I want everyone in America to be playing by the same rules, so that we get the best possible outcomes for everyone. That is my plan."

Reporter - "And finally, William McRaven gave you a scalding comeback to your press conference on the TPP agreement. What do you say to Admiral McRaven and do you stand by your position on this issue?"

Brown - "Admiral McRaven has served this country admirably, and I respect his service to this country. That being said, I feel he glorifies this agreement without getting down to the thick of it. On privacy, on banking regulation, on big pharma, it's a giveaway to everything the biggest companies want, while promising bigger wages and more jobs later. We saw with NAFTA and plenty of other of the trade agreements we've made - the jobs don't come, and certainly the wages will decrease. The American worker faces enough problems without this added on to it."

Reporter - "There you have it, Governor Jerry Brown of California, now a candidate for President."

Brown - "Thank you Sean, it's been a pleasure."

October 16th, 2015
- Interview on Local New Hampshire News
- Town Hall in Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Charlestown, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Newport, New Hampshire

October 17th, 2015
- Town Hall in Claremont, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Grantham, New Hampshire
- Meet and Greet in Danbury, New Hampshire
- Meet and Greet in Grafton, New Hampshire

"Some of these candidates weren't even born when I was trying to get alternative resources to Oil and Gas. Many people thought I was crazy, and well, maybe I am *chuckles*. But as President, I will introduce a broad package of reform to make sure we have the right resources for the future. That means subsidies for wind power and solar power, that means growing R&D so that we can find new, even better renewable sources, that means making sure polluters pay, that also means ridding our tax code of subsidies that give oil companies the advantage. We have begun to become an energy independent nation, I plan on making us the model for the rest of the world toward a more reliable and environmentally safe energy portfolio. We gotta do it, because if we don't, imagine us deep underwater fairly soon. And I don't know about you, but I'm not a good swimmer! *audience laughs*"

October 18th, 2015
- Meet and Greet in Enfield, New Hampshire
- Meet and Greet in Lebannon, New Hampshire
- Meet and Greet in Hanover, New Hamsphire
- Town Hall in Plymouth, New Hampshire

October 19th, 2015
- Gubernatorial Duties

October 20th, 2015
- Gubernatorial Duties

October 21st, 2015
- Meeting with New Hampshire Democratic Leadership
- Meeting with Portsmouth Herald Editorial Board
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 10:12:39 PM »

Jerry Brown Ad - Another 15
Ad airs in Iowa and New Hampshire only

"Another 15 seconds? Alright, here we go...

I ran for President to talk about the issues, not dodge them. We need a pathway to citizenship, fair trade policies, a safe environment, and fair wages. I have plans on all of these issues. I want to make sure our next generation of Americans have the same opportunities we do today. And I want to do so without taking corporate money, so I'm responsible to you. Share this message with your friends, because that's the only way we can win this race.

I'm Jerry Brown, I approve this message because a little time is just enough for me. Whew!"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 11:44:39 PM »

Jerry Brown Surrogates
Former House Rep. Carol Shea-Porter - Campaigning in New Hamsphire
Former Senator Mark Udall - Campaigning in Iowa
President of Chicago Teachers Union Karen Lewis - Campaigning in Iowa
California Congressional Delegation - Congressional Duties
Actor George Clooney - Doing his job, may eventually campaign.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2015, 03:37:34 PM by Maxwell »

Jerry Brown Debate Reponses

What will you do as president to combat ISIS and other terrorist groups? Do you agree with how the Obama administration has handled this issue?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In recent years, relations between the US and Israel have become more strained. What would you do to improve relations and also resolve the dispute between the Israelis and the Palestinians?

Voters overwhelmingly favor an increase in the minimum wage, and multiple states have taken action on this. Do you favor increasing the minimum wage, and if so, by how much?

Do you agree with President Obama's executive order last year on immigration? What is your plan to reform the country's immigration system?

To Secretary Kerry

Out of all the other people on this stage, who would you most want to have in your Cabinet, and for what position?

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 03:42:35 PM »

My schedule will arrive tomorrow.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 07:35:11 PM »

Jerry Brown for President - October 22nd - 28th

"I will talk about all of the issues of this campaign, but I will continue to discuss, in detail, the most important one that faces this country, and that is the absolute control of special interests and the wealthy on this government. They are straggling democracy, and my friends, America's face is blue. We need real campaign finance reform and we need it before we can talk about these other issues, because if we're being honest, those other issues aren't really going to be solved. Special interests are going to put their best effort to defeat those who want change, and forever we will get piecemeal reforms. Whether it is changing our prison system, growing the piece of the pie for middle class Americans, or even healthcare, which I give credit to the President for trying his hardest. But you and I both know Obamacare isn't going to solve the whole thing, which is why we must change the way our democracy works so we can get the full healthcare reform we need!"

Schedule
October 22nd, 2015 - Barnstorming in Southwestern Iowa
October 23rd, 2015 - Barnstorming in Southwestern Iowa
October 24th, 2015 - Barnstorming in Central Iowa
October 25th, 2015 - Barnstorming in Central Iowa
October 26th, 2015 - Debate
October 27th, 2015 - Gubernatorial Duties
October 28th, 2015 - Barnstorming in Northwestern Iowa

Major Events
- Opening up new campaign offices in Southwestern, Central, and Northwestern Iowa
- Received major endorsements from NAACP President of South Carolina Lonnie Randolph, Former Senator Russ Feingold, Senator Angus King, and South Carolina ACLU director Victoria Middleton.
- Released position papers on the economy.
- Had an AMA on reddit
- Did an interview on Fox News
- Met with Iowa Democrats in the Iowa State House and Senate
- Organized resources for a new ad next turn.
- Pushed leaflets in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

Fox News Appearance

"Neal, my economic platform is growing the middle class, lifting the poor out of poverty, and lowering the burden on everyone. I plan a reduction of taxes, even the wealthy will get a small bump, but with a reduction of inefficient subsidies, corporate loopholes and carveouts, and a complete overhaul of the language that no longer applies. A Jerry Brown tax code will be much shorter than the one that is currently in place, I can tell you that much."

"This is an area where we will disagree Neal, because I am not a conservative. I don't want to reduces taxes because I believe it will magically stimulate the economy. That's where my stimulus package (which will grow infrastructure and education spending) and a hike of the minimum wage comes in. However, I think we can more effectively tax people via a lower rate. I subscribe somewhat to the idea that we can actually get more revenue from lower taxes to a certain extent, the Laffer Curve if you will, but I also believe working families deserve as much of a break as we can give them."

"Neal, this is common sense. We need to change the way our prison system works. It's a system that ruthlessly attacks poor minorities, and I believe it is no longer acceptable in our modern society. What we need to do turn the focus for first time offenders from punishment to rehabilitation. I know those programs have worked. I like some of the European models, and it'll be something I'll explore as President. As for sentencing, we need something of a massive change there, and it's something I agree with Senator Rand Paul on, and I hope to work with some of the GOPers who have been in favor of that in the future."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 01:13:53 PM »

OOC: Spiral has told me that Chuy Garcia is elected chicago mayor in this timeline.

Mayor Chuy Garcia Press Conference: Endorsement of Jerry Brown

"The job of Mayor of Chicago has been delightful in these opening months, but also challenging, and I feel the relief of not having to deal with national politics. That being said - this city deserves a strong voice in the race for the Presidency, and as leader of this great city, I want our voice to be heard. And our voice is one of progressivism, caring for those in need, and believing in the ability of our people.

That's why, despite the presence of one of our own in this race, I will stand by Governor Jerry Brown for President of the United States. California is a model of success Chicago has been looking to, as California is a place where they solved their budget issues without savaging their citizens. Brown has been a national leader on climate change, workers rights, and progressive change - even as all of those things were unpopular in the public eye.

I recognize I disagree with some things Brown has to offer, but the most important thing to me is a show of leadership. I admire Brown's leadership over the years, but most importantly, I admire his willingness to be different. He stands against the interventionist voices in our party, and draws great concern from their message. I share that concern and encourage a more educated conversation on the issue than the needless warmongering we've seen.

I will not be taking questions."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 10:15:07 PM »

Jerry Brown Schedule: October 29th - November 4th, 2015

"We've seen a league of rogue Governors using the despicable law Taft-Hartley to weaken our working class. This stuff is literally taking food off of plates and into CEO's pockets. This is really sinister stuff here. I am of the belief that this stuff is damn near criminal. As President, I would repeal Taft-Hartley, and if not that, do my damnest not to allow another right-to-work state in my union. I am deadly serious. We've already seen stagnant wages while the wealthiest among us get wealthier, and without these protections that distance gets further while Americans work even harder for less take home dollars. We have to make sure we allow more American families prosper, not less."

October 29th - Barnstorming and Town Halls in New Hampshire
October 30th - Barnstorming and Town Halls in New Hampshire
October 31st - Barnstorming in South Carolina
November 1st - Barnstorming in South Carolina
November 2nd - Meeting in Chicago
November 3rd - Barnstorming and Meet and Greets in Iowa
November 4th - Barnstorming and Meet and Greets in Iowa

Other Jerry Brown Events This Week
- Interview with Chuck Todd on the 31st
- Big Speech on labor rights on the 1st
- Endorsement from Mayor Garcia on the 2nd
- Farm Bureau Luncheon on the 4th
- Opening more campaign headquarters in South Carolina
- Small ad buy in the first three primary states

Excerpt from Chuck Todd

"Chuck, voters are looking for someone who can take the reigns of this country honorably and responsibly, and when I look at the GOP field, I see no one who is like that. Are we gonna get another son of a Bush? The Democratic field looks a lot better, but I believe I am the only candidate who can combine experienced leadership and progessive policy so that we can actually get things done in Washington. A lot of my fellow candidates can't do it."

Excerpt from Iowa Farm Bureau Luncheon

"As much as I want to agree with you all, I know in my heart of hearts I have to stick with my gut. The way farm subsidies are currently built, they favor big Agro and do little for small farms that actually need the money. Under a Brown administration, that would change. By allowing small farms room to grow, we help those in poverty and grow the economy. If I don't win the support of you fine people because of that, I'm okay with it. An old dog can't learn new tricks."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2015, 05:47:56 PM by maxwell »

Withdrawing from the primary, Endorsing Joaquin Castro.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies