Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:31:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161102 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: April 03, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »

Look at that, yet another two week vacation, living the high life on Papa Bushie's dime!
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #1201 on: April 03, 2015, 03:29:41 PM »

My friends, this could be the end of Update.

nah, if you look closer, you will even notice that he went from "I am done with update" to "I don't think I will be posting in update that often" in the span of like 2 pages....
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1202 on: April 03, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »

I am going to try to not post in the Update as much, if anymore.  It would be good for my new job and my own psyche if I don't broadcast my entire life to the forum.  I am still going to talk politics and sports on the rest of the forum, but I don't want to be suckered into posting here anymore.

I don't think your psyche is the problem. You seem pretty pleased with yourself and you always do, despite all evidence to the contrary.

You quit a job slicing meat because it was too physically demanding for you. Standing and operating a slicing machine was too much for you. You weren't lifting heavy objects or walking great distances like some of the people in your former workplace. Jeff, there are plenty of people who work in butcher shops who are old enough to be your parents. You are 32 years old. If your own absolutely appalling health isn't bashing you over the head and ringing alarm bells left and right by now, I don't think it ever will. In all likelihood, you're just getting started down a road to a life full of medication, sleep apnea masks, insulin, mobility scooters, wheelchairs and not even living long enough to collect a Social Security check. If you don't like me saying that, then do something to prove me wrong.

I stopped even attempting to offer you constructive advice several months ago when I realized you were having none of it. At this point, Jeff, everyone knows you have no intention of changing your ways and watching you crash and burn and spin your wheels is just a really dark, perverse form of entertainment.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1203 on: April 03, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »

Proposing the following as Update titles:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1204 on: April 03, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »

and

are both good. I prefer the latter.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1205 on: April 03, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »

I know I said I was done, but let me honest here for a second:

In all honesty, I am thinking about what could have been at Sprouts.  I do kind of regret leaving there.  However, I also know while it's good to reflect and learn, I need to move on very quickly.  I can't afford to go into a new job, no matter what the job is, with a negative attitude or regret about the last job.  I don't deserve to start myself behind the 8 ball in this new job because I am dwelling on the past.  I need to learn from the past, yes, but then I need to quickly move on and focus all my attention on this new job.  I am just thankful I have employment.  That's a nice way to spend one's birthday.  I will be in training on my birthday.  Yes, I am going through a bit of buyer's remorse, but I think everyone here would agree that I cannot dwell on that too long or I will have already failed before I have even started.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1206 on: April 03, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »

In all honesty, I am thinking about what could have been at Sprouts.  I do kind of regret leaving there.  However, I also know while it's good to reflect and learn, I need to move on very quickly.  I can't afford to go into a new job, no matter what the job is, with a negative attitude or regret about the last job.  I don't deserve to start myself behind the 8 ball in this new job because I am dwelling on the past.  I need to learn from the past, yes, but then I need to quickly move on and focus all my attention on this new job.  I am just thankful I have employment.  That's a nice way to spend one's birthday.  I will be in training on my birthday.  Yes, I am going through a bit of buyer's remorse, but I think everyone here would agree that I cannot dwell on that too long or I will have already failed before I have even started.

No one is asking you to dwell on it. But acknowledging that you made an objectively bad choice isn't "dwelling." It's being circumspect and realistic. You've made this mistake before and you still haven't learned from it. That's why everyone is "attacking" you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1207 on: April 03, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »

Bushie, please tell me this was a joke. Please. Please/

Unfortunately, it's not a joke...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1208 on: April 03, 2015, 04:33:30 PM »

lol Bushie you're not staying away. If you had that kind of willpower, you'd be a 100 lbs lighter and still working at Sprouts.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1209 on: April 03, 2015, 04:33:45 PM »

In all honesty, I am thinking about what could have been at Sprouts.  I do kind of regret leaving there.  However, I also know while it's good to reflect and learn, I need to move on very quickly.  I can't afford to go into a new job, no matter what the job is, with a negative attitude or regret about the last job.  I don't deserve to start myself behind the 8 ball in this new job because I am dwelling on the past.  I need to learn from the past, yes, but then I need to quickly move on and focus all my attention on this new job.  I am just thankful I have employment.  That's a nice way to spend one's birthday.  I will be in training on my birthday.  Yes, I am going through a bit of buyer's remorse, but I think everyone here would agree that I cannot dwell on that too long or I will have already failed before I have even started.

No one is asking you to dwell on it. But acknowledging that you made an objectively bad choice isn't "dwelling." It's being circumspect and realistic. You've made this mistake before and you still haven't learned from it. That's why everyone is "attacking" you.

It was a bad choice.  I am coming to terms with that.  I made my bed, now I get to sleep in it.

That said, I am excited about this new opportunity.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1210 on: April 03, 2015, 04:35:06 PM »

In all honesty, I am thinking about what could have been at Sprouts.  I do kind of regret leaving there.  However, I also know while it's good to reflect and learn, I need to move on very quickly.  I can't afford to go into a new job, no matter what the job is, with a negative attitude or regret about the last job.  I don't deserve to start myself behind the 8 ball in this new job because I am dwelling on the past.  I need to learn from the past, yes, but then I need to quickly move on and focus all my attention on this new job.  I am just thankful I have employment.  That's a nice way to spend one's birthday.  I will be in training on my birthday.  Yes, I am going through a bit of buyer's remorse, but I think everyone here would agree that I cannot dwell on that too long or I will have already failed before I have even started.

It was a bad choice.  I am coming to terms with that.  I made my bed, now I get to sleep in it.

If only there were a dozen people uniformly telling you not make this decision and not to give them 2 weeks notice...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1211 on: April 03, 2015, 04:35:58 PM »

lol Bushie you're not staying away. If you had that kind of willpower, you'd be a 100 lbs lighter and still working at Sprouts ONG.

ftfy
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1212 on: April 03, 2015, 04:37:07 PM »

It was a bad choice.  I am coming to terms with that.  I made my bed, now I get to sleep in it.

If only there were a dozen people uniformly telling you not make this decision and not to give them 2 weeks notice...

Whatever.  That's in the past.  I made a mistake, now I get to move on and live with the consequences.  Again, I have to be thankful I have a place to work.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1213 on: April 03, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »

*yawn*

same old lines from the failure-in-chief
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1214 on: April 03, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »

It was a bad choice.  I am coming to terms with that.  I made my bed, now I get to sleep in it.

Whatever.  That's in the past.  I made a mistake, now I get to move on and live with the consequences.  Again, I have to be thankful I have a place to work.

I notice you didn't mention learning from that mistake and not doing it again. Therein lies the long-running problem with your life.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1215 on: April 03, 2015, 04:43:22 PM »

*yawn*

same old lines from the failure-in-chief

I realize that, which is why I'm not gushing over this new job right now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1216 on: April 03, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »

Whatever.  That's in the past.  I made a mistake, now I get to move on and live with the consequences.  Again, I have to be thankful I have a place to work.

I notice you didn't mention learning from that mistake and not doing it again. Therein lies the long-running problem with your life.

I did acknowledge learning from my mistakes.  That's in the bolded sentence above.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1217 on: April 03, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »

Confession, it is tech support.  It is very similar to what I was doing at Dell and at Xerox.  That's what I meant by IT support.  So, yes, it is a call center.  I will not be supporting one pharmacy, but a lot of pharmacies in Northeastern Oklahoma.  I will be at a central location about 3 miles away.  The part where I lied was the location of the job.  I apologize for that.

I also apologize for insulting everyone earlier this morning.  You guys are not all those words I spewed out earlier.  I still don't think I deserve to be treated without dignity, but I understand where you all are coming from given my previous statements about Sprouts.  I just don't think it warranted the nastiness that resulted.  No one needed to get ugly, and neither did I.  We are all men (and 1 woman).  We are all adults.  Why can't we speak cordially like adults, not like children?  I'm talking to myself just as much as I am talking to each one of you.  I am not a piece of trash, either, like people out of anger have said.  I am far from perfect, but I'm just doing what I can to provide for myself.  I don't think a grocery store job is any more legit than a call center job.  True, my history hasn't always been kind to call center jobs, but be that as it may.

Here is the reason I left Sprouts:  I was starting to get the idea that I was seriously risking my feet and back.  I felt that I was about 10-15 years too late and about 100-125 pounds too heavy to really be able to do the job very well.  Yesterday, one of my friends on Facebook told me of when she started working as a letter carrier for the post office at age 40.  She was real heavy and not in shape at all.  She could only do the job for a short time before she had to work inside at the post office for 9 years.  She is now on disability, hurts all of the time, both of her hands now have nerve damage, and she has to get injections in her right knee twice a year all because she took on a job that she physically couldn't do.  Her bad health was not an excuse, it was reality.  That confirmed the decision to change jobs and really validated it for me.  I know you all will probably balk at her story, but it really validated the decision for me.  Now, perhaps I was wrong about my perception and my fear, but we'll really never know the answer to that.

Yes, we will, because we already know (as do you) that it's a big ol' ball of sh!t!

Your friend is a lazy tub of lard who makes excuses, obviously, and that's why I'm sure you took her advice so easily. Her body is wrecked because she's a fat-ass and didn't take care of herself with respect to diet and exercise. The amount of time it would have taken her to lose all of that weight combined with exercise would have more than been sufficient to reduce all of her health problems substantially. She'd be in better condition - back, knees and all - walking 8 hours per day overweight for five years than she would be sitting on her whale-bottom, presumably remarking the entire time that "it's glandular", "my job made me disabled because I had to walk", "I ought to sue McDonald's for feeding me all of that fat", etc.

You're not escaping her fate - she, too, obviously is a lazy, excuse-riddled person who refuses to take tangible accountability - you're embracing it, you dolt. Somehow, in your warped mind, you believe that sitting on your fat ass is healthier than being active and exercising. At the root of that belief isn't so much a belief, but a subconscious strain of laziness.

You have passed the point of no return, Bushie: your body is going to be permanently harmed no matter what you do at this point. Your knees, back and joints are going to suffer and deteriorate prematurely anyway, because your body is so engorged and has been for so long that the damage is already being done. The question is whether you want that damage to be even worse long-term, and by sitting on your fat-ass while shoving cheeseburgers down your gullet, it's bound to be.

I wouldn't worry about having to get shots in your knees 10 years from now, though, because both you and your pathetic excuse-ridden mentality will already be dead by then. Change now, or die.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1218 on: April 03, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »

Bushie, did you go to college immediately after high school? Or did you wait a few years?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1219 on: April 03, 2015, 04:59:22 PM »

I did acknowledge learning from my mistakes.  That's in the bolded sentence above.

you've made this same mistake multiple times. you aren't learning anything.

here is what you need to say

"My name is Jeff Brown. I am lazy. I am fat. I am gullible. I am dishonest. I am selfish. I don't deserve to go to heaven. I should be roasting in hell. But I promise, Jesus, to be more worthy before I die. I promise to change and, if I don't, I volunteer to go to hell no matter how much I believe in you as my savior. I know am not worthy of this gift unless I change."
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1220 on: April 03, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »

If you regret quitting Sprouts, go apply at other groceries. There are many in Tulsa.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1221 on: April 03, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »

Whatever.  That's in the past.  I made a mistake, now I get to move on and live with the consequences. Again, I have to be thankful I have a place to work.

NO!

You don't get to rationalize a mistake by touting the object of the mistake as a benefit!

Throwing a great job away in order to grab a shitty one and then saying "well, I'm thankful to have a place to work" is idiotic. You had a stable job before you threw it away for a terrible one. That terrible job is not a benefit or crutch on which to fall back: it's the fycking mistake!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1222 on: April 03, 2015, 05:20:07 PM »

This season has been top notch. I wish he was fooling us about this but I guess he can go back to being unemployed like he enjoys.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1223 on: April 03, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »

So, as expected, Bushie didn't like the physicality of the work (despite it doing him good .... That pain you were feeling was your muscles waking up and being used)... found someone who would tell him what he wanted to hear "that's not right honey, you shouldn't be sore after workin' ... I did it. You deserve comfort"

...aaaaand he took the easy (but longer term harder) path ... the shocks never end.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1224 on: April 03, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »

If you regret quitting Sprouts, go apply at other groceries. There are many in Tulsa.

He doesn't regret it -- he knowingly made the mistake. Despite everyone here telling him NOT to quit, NOT to put in a two-week notice to take a new job that at the time he was knowingly lying about, and so forth.

This is the best way to summarize mistakes Bushie makes. He usually has ample time and ample advice to avoid making the mistake, but just like gravity...
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies