Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:16:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161147 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: March 30, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »

does [redacted] like to throw money around?

im a little worried about this 6 day stretch.  hopefully bushie's chubby feet can hold out!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #926 on: March 30, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »

Lunch today was water out of the water fountain...  I've got stuff I can eat when I get home, so there's no need in going out.  The day is going really well still. It's not perfect, but the job is sufficient, it pays the bills, and it's enjoyable.  I will get off at 1630 and go home and rest my feet.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #927 on: March 30, 2015, 03:22:53 PM »

Lunch today was water out of the water fountain...  I've got stuff I can eat when I get home, so there's no need in going out.  The day is going really well still. It's not perfect, but the job is sufficient, it pays the bills, and it's enjoyable.  I will get off at 1630 and go home and rest my feet.

Only "sufficient"? That sounds foreboding.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #928 on: March 30, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »

Yeah, there won't be any dieting changes. He won't even touch the stuff they sell at that grocery store!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #929 on: March 30, 2015, 03:23:45 PM »

So Bagel Bites and a mandarin orange because... ya know... fruit's good for ya.  
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #930 on: March 30, 2015, 03:30:44 PM »

From the sound of it, he won't last much longer at the job. He's quickly gone from the over the moon infatuation with his new job to calling it "sufficient." We know what comes next...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #931 on: March 30, 2015, 03:35:19 PM »

From the sound of it, he won't last much longer at the job. He's quickly gone from the over the moon infatuation with his new job to calling it "sufficient." We know what comes next...

Nah, I disagree.  He hasn't hinted at any problems with management, yet.  That's always the telltale sign for Bushie at a job.  If he starts talking about how he and the boss are laughing about how slow he puts the price sticker on the package?  Then I'll worry. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #932 on: March 30, 2015, 03:45:43 PM »

Nah, I disagree.  He hasn't hinted at any problems with management, yet.  That's always the telltale sign for Bushie at a job.  If he starts talking about how he and the boss are laughing about how slow he puts the price sticker on the package?  Then I'll worry. 

Good point. That happens too. I do remember some previous jobs he's had though, where he was all gung ho about it and then started saying "it's a good job, it pays the bills." I believe the last AT&T call center job went this way. Next thing you knew it, he had quit.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #933 on: March 30, 2015, 03:47:37 PM »

Good point. That happens too. I do remember some previous jobs he's had though, where he was all gung ho about it and then started saying "it's a good job, it pays the bills." I believe the last AT&T call center job went this way. Next thing you knew it, he had quit.

That was on account of some dope-peddlin' sinful negroes.  A rather unique situation in Update lore. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #934 on: March 30, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »

Yea, Bushie's enthusiasm is trending down
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #935 on: March 30, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »

How would it not?  He can be as sunshine and lollipops as he wants... he still works at a supermarket behind the meat counter.  This is so, so far from his Leave It To Beaver fantasy that he's built up over the years that there's just no way his enthusiasm is as high as he wants us to believe.  I'm quite glad he is calling it "sufficient", because that's all it is.  His nonsense about it being an amazing career move and climbing up the corporate ladder was a nauseating put-on IMO.  His realistic approach is just so much more palatable. 

The second he stops with the Work Night 8 and Job Week 3 crap I'll know he's going to actually keep the job, because no one does this stuff.  You go to work and it's part of your routine and that's it.  I can't imagine even Bushie writing "Onto Work Night 137!". 
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #936 on: March 30, 2015, 04:09:43 PM »

I was backreading an old season and I found this:

1.  I will see the dietitian on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 13:00.
2.  I will come back with the same enthusiasm for Kenya like I did last year and I do now.
3.  I will plow through the CAD and be setting things up in Fort Worth a year from now.[/quote]
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #937 on: March 30, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »

The next post by Phil had a more fun prediction:

"I wonder if Our Dear Friend will come back a Muslim. Mohammad Kareem al-Bushie."

On a related note, if Bushie loses his current job, maybe that's a sign that it's time to finally make the move to Kenya.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #938 on: March 30, 2015, 04:14:09 PM »

How would it not?  He can be as sunshine and lollipops as he wants... he still works at a supermarket behind the meat counter.  This is so, so far from his Leave It To Beaver fantasy that he's built up over the years that there's just no way his enthusiasm is as high as he wants us to believe.  I'm quite glad he is calling it "sufficient", because that's all it is.  His nonsense about it being an amazing career move and climbing up the corporate ladder was a nauseating put-on IMO.  His realistic approach is just so much more palatable. 

The second he stops with the Work Night 8 and Job Week 3 crap I'll know he's going to actually keep the job, because no one does this stuff.  You go to work and it's part of your routine and that's it.  I can't imagine even Bushie writing "Onto Work Night 137!". 

But he always does this kind of stuff. His dwindling enthusiasm is a cause for concern if you remember his past jobs. The CADD job was different because he seemed to like it aside from watching the clock all day, making errors and leaving work exactly at 5pm every day.

The jobs he ends up quitting are the ones he starts viewing as a paycheck.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #939 on: March 30, 2015, 04:19:42 PM »

Does being a preacher or pastor pay anything?  There are so many infomercials starring Sunshine Christians talking about bettering yourself.  Maybe Bushie can fill the hellfire and brimstone void? 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #940 on: March 30, 2015, 04:20:35 PM »

[/quote]

Bushie's predictions are always sad to read. I belief he was supposed to be 150 lbs by now according to his 2013 weight projections.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #941 on: March 30, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »

Does being a preacher or pastor pay anything?  There are so many infomercials starring Sunshine Christians talking about bettering yourself.  Maybe Bushie can fill the hellfire and brimstone void? 

That has already been visited, and Bushie doesn't seem interested in that for whatever reason. He was an associate pastor at his old church in Chactaw, OK years ago, but that didn't pay him anything.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #942 on: March 30, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »

He'd lose interest the same way. Any work bores him. If he got paid to watch sports, he'd lose interest.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #943 on: March 30, 2015, 05:13:19 PM »

This newest update is very ominous indeed. We've all seen this song and dance before. Everything is going exactly as it always done.

Though, in past Bushie's defense, at least he wasn't pointlessly starving himself for no reason while he worked at his past jobs. Which is ironic, because he was just sitting in a chair at these. Now he has a job with physical exertion and he's decided to fast for his entire shift. RIP Bushie, RIP job, RIP packed meats.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #944 on: March 30, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »

Bushie's predictions are always sad to read. I belief he was supposed to be 150 lbs by now according to his 2013 weight projections.
[/quote]
Forget 2013. Just last week, he was predicting that he would lose several pounds per shift. He should be well on his way just by that projection.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #945 on: March 30, 2015, 05:30:51 PM »

This newest update is very ominous indeed. We've all seen this song and dance before. Everything is going exactly as it always done.

Though, in past Bushie's defense, at least he wasn't pointlessly starving himself for no reason while he worked at his past jobs. Which is ironic, because he was just sitting in a chair at these. Now he has a job with physical exertion and he's decided to fast for his entire shift. RIP Bushie, RIP job, RIP packed meats.

Like I told Dookie, I'm not seeing the actual issues with job performance that we've seen in the past.  And even if there are issues he is moving to the new store opening very soon and should be under new supervisors/management.  Fresh start, so to speak.  Perhaps I am that eternal optimist, but I don't foresee a lot of issues if Bushie can actually get there.  Once we hear about

A. Laughing about mistakes with management

or

B. Half-days and days off

...then I'll join the peanut gallery.  Until then, the meat lives on. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #946 on: March 30, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I am home from an awesome day of work!  Despite being very sore right now, today was a great day.  Like I said earlier, today was all meat prep for Wednesday's Grand Opening.  2 days down, 4 to go on this work-stretch.  I talked to the department manager and he said the 0400-1230 shift is very uncommon and is only happening to me because of the first week of the store.  Next week, I should get back to a little more pedestrian schedule.  I may still work 0500-1330, but I shouldn't have too many 0400-1230.  Although, I don't what's the difference between getting up at 0200 or 0300...  Now, onto some serious relaxing!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #947 on: March 30, 2015, 05:50:11 PM »

So Bushie is complaining about the hours before the store even opened?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #948 on: March 30, 2015, 05:58:20 PM »

Bushie, you should want a lot of hours. You need money.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #949 on: March 30, 2015, 05:59:14 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I am home from an awesome day of work!  Despite being very sore right now, today was a great day.  Like I said earlier, today was all meat prep for Wednesday's Grand Opening.  2 days down, 4 to go on this work-stretch.  I talked to the department manager and he said the 0400-1230 shift is very uncommon and is only happening to me because of the first week of the store.  Next week, I should get back to a little more pedestrian schedule.  I may still work 0500-1330, but I shouldn't have too many 0400-1230.  Although, I don't what's the difference between getting up at 0200 or 0300...  Now, onto some serious relaxing!

Bushie, you JUST started here and you plan to stay.  Why are you going to the manager and bitching about anything? 
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies