Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:39:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161247 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: April 01, 2015, 01:43:28 PM »

Actually, Lief, I just played an April Fool's joke on my mother.  I called her just about 40 minutes ago and told her I had quit because they had shorted my paychecks the past two weeks, but that I had an interview tomorrow at 1400.  That was partly an April Fool's joke.  The first half of that is not true, I still do have the job and will be going in again 0400-1230 tomorrow morning.  What was true, however, is I still do have that interview at 1400 tomorrow.  I called her back about 15 minutes after we hung up and gave her the truth.

I know, that's a dirty trick to play on your mother, but I had an April Fool's joke played on me today, and I wanted to have a little fun!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1001 on: April 01, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »

What he needs is a job to last more than a week before he puts out a feeler. I can't imagine how awful his resume looks.

I'll give him a week before he leaves this job for a call center.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1002 on: April 01, 2015, 01:46:17 PM »

Lol Bushie playing an "April Fools Joke" on his parents to gauge reaction of him getting fired.

We've seen this job Ponzi scheme from you before, Bushie. Knowing on your way out, you start advertising a playful look at a new job just to see, but in reality you are hoping beyond hope they hire you so you can quit before you get fired. Likely not going to happen. Enjoy being unemployed again because you were again too fat and lazy to lose weight and learn about your job before you started.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1003 on: April 01, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »

Lol Bushie playing an "April Fools Joke" on his parents to gauge reaction of him getting fired.

We've seen this job Ponzi scheme from you before, Bushie. Knowing on your way out, you start advertising a playful look at a new job just to see, but in reality you are hoping beyond hope they hire you so you can quit before you get fired. Likely not going to happen. Enjoy being unemployed again because you were again too fat and lazy to lose weight and learn about your job before you started.

You are completely misunderstanding me.  Things are going great at this job, I just wanted to see what else was out there.  There's no harm in that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: April 01, 2015, 01:49:53 PM »

What he needs is a job to last more than a week before he puts out a feeler. I can't imagine how awful his resume looks.

I'll give him a week before he leaves this job for a call center.

To be fair, I don't put EVERY job on my resume.  If I did, it would be three pages long.  Now, before you accuse me of lying, don't most people leave out a few minor or irrelevant jobs?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1005 on: April 01, 2015, 01:50:09 PM »

You are completely misunderstanding me.  Things are going great at this job, I just wanted to see what else was out there.  There's no harm in that.

No one sends out resumes after their first day on the job if it's going great. Today was the grand opening and you're already looking for another job. You have to stay at one place for more than a week at a time!

Where did you apply? More call centers? Sales jobs?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1006 on: April 01, 2015, 01:53:53 PM »

You are completely misunderstanding me.  Things are going great at this job, I just wanted to see what else was out there.  There's no harm in that.

There's a ton of harm because you're obviously lying. You wouldn't be putting feelers out there if something bad wasn't brewing. It was just a week or two ago you were proclaiming this a career and that you hoped to work up into store management. And now you're putting out feelers?

Tell me if this sounds normal:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1007 on: April 01, 2015, 01:55:37 PM »

Good Wednesday Afternoon!  Today was a pretty good day.  Grand Opening was crazy.  I haven't mentioned this to you all, yet, but I put in other job applications Monday evening just to see what else was out there.  I got a call from another job yesterday morning before work and I have an interview tomorrow at 1400.  I still have this current job, but I am putting my feelers out again.

An interview AND a job!?

GOD IS GOOD!  GOOD IS GOD!  He's just showing off today! 

Prayers!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1008 on: April 01, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »

There's a ton of harm because you're obviously lying. You wouldn't be putting feelers out there if something bad wasn't brewing. It was just a week or two ago you were proclaiming this a career and that you hoped to work up into store management. And now you're putting out feelers?

Tell me if this sounds normal:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, I am not lying.  Nothing bad is brewing.  I have actually been complimented a few times.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1009 on: April 01, 2015, 02:03:01 PM »

No one sends out resumes after their first day on the job if it's going great. Today was the grand opening and you're already looking for another job. You have to stay at one place for more than a week at a time!

I've been there for 2 1/2 weeks, not one day.  Again, there is no harm, no foul.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1010 on: April 01, 2015, 02:04:41 PM »

I've been there for 2 1/2 weeks, not one day.  Again, there is no harm, no foul.

Protect thyself from the slinging arrows of these heathens in the sanctuary of your faith! 

Prayers!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1011 on: April 01, 2015, 02:05:59 PM »

Where did you apply?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1012 on: April 01, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »

Bushie's commitment to lying is astounding.

Which is why (except for this post) it's been a while since I posted here and don't expect to again.  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1013 on: April 01, 2015, 02:07:53 PM »

lol. There is harm and foul. Whatever man. It's Papa's bank account that will suffer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1014 on: April 01, 2015, 02:24:22 PM »

lol. There is harm and foul. Whatever man. It's Papa's bank account that will suffer.

What harm is there in looking for another job while you still have a job?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1015 on: April 01, 2015, 02:26:30 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 02:28:37 PM by Monarch »

On the grand opening of the store you work at? After you said you wanted to make this a career? Great harm.

If you were employed there a year, it would okay.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1016 on: April 01, 2015, 02:28:36 PM »

On the grand opening of the store you work at? After you said you wanted to make this a career? Yes.

If you were employed here a year, maybes.

lol, there's no certain period of time that one has to meet before he can start looking for another job.  What you're doing is applying a double standard.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1017 on: April 01, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »

On the grand opening of the store you work at? After you said you wanted to make this a career? Yes.

lol, there's no certain period of time that one has to meet before he can start looking for another job.  What you're doing is applying a double standard.

There actually is a certain period of time one has to meet before he can start looking for another job. It's called professional etiquette. I've never started looking for another job this soon into a new job. No double standard here, friend.

Multiple gaps in employment. Wanting to leave a grocery store job during the Grand Opening? You have the work pattern of a drug addict.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1018 on: April 01, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

lol, there's no certain period of time that one has to meet before he can start looking for another job.  What you're doing is applying a double standard.

you're right, but typically someone who's happy with their job doesn't look for new jobs one  day into it or even 2 weeks into it. What you need is some stability on your resume. Work somewhere more than a month or two without getting fired or quitting. It looks awful and is really unprofessional to work somewhere a week and then leave.

Since you haven't answered my question, I am going to assume you're applying for call center/customer service jobs again.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1019 on: April 01, 2015, 02:35:04 PM »

Bushie should have spent the month off he had getting into shape and learning about meat (and no, half-heartedly reading a website while watching Northeast Alaska Veterinary School for the Blind vs. San Juan Polytechnic Night School basketball playoffs doesn't count). We told him so! And now he's quitting on his first real day of work.

RIP Papa Bushie's retirement. Cry
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1020 on: April 01, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »

You unChristables need an exorcism.  The Beast has you. 

You are 100% right Bushie.  Put your trust in the Lord.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1021 on: April 01, 2015, 02:47:56 PM »

I still have this job and if no other ones come through, then I still have a good, meaty job, but I'm still looking around.

Update XXIII: A Good, Meaty Job
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1022 on: April 01, 2015, 02:49:10 PM »

1. Bushie, when you played your joke on your mother, how did you pronounce 1400? Did you say "fouteen hundred hours" or "fourteen o'clock" or what.
2. I know and frequently see people fatter than Bushie who are employed. The obesity is not the only issue, and Bushie does all the good, hardworking fat people a major disservice.
3. What are the odds that Bushie doesn't know what the job is that he applying for, only that it offers "unlimited opportunity!!!!!111"
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1023 on: April 01, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »

1. Bushie, when you played your joke on your mother, how did you pronounce 1400? Did you say "fouteen hundred hours" or "fourteen o'clock" or what.
2. I know and frequently see people fatter than Bushie who are employed. The obesity is not the only issue, and Bushie does all the good, hardworking fat people a major disservice.
3. What are the odds that Bushie doesn't know what the job is that he applying for, only that it offers "unlimited opportunity!!!!!111"

I told her 2 o'clock.  I write in both military and civilian time, but speak in civilian time.

I know exactly what job I'm applying for.  I just don't care to share it here.  I'm not ashamed of it or anything, I just want to retain a little privacy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1024 on: April 01, 2015, 02:57:17 PM »

Can you at least tell us what field of work this new job is for?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies