Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:14:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161301 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: March 12, 2015, 02:11:24 AM »

God will do for bushie whatever is most entertaining to her. We all know how this will end. If he can barely make it two hours, he won't make it eight.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »

Lol. We all know bushie won't last a month on this job, so why hound him? He won't listen, and he'll either be downgraded to bag boy or fired within a month. He can't stand 8 hours. The notion that he actually will make it day after day is just laughable and surely even he doesn't believe he can do it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »

I'm just being realistic. I wish Bushie took this job seriously, but refusing to do any moving to "rest up" before the job isn't a viable option. I want him to succeed but I've been burned so many times in the past that it's just silly to think this will be different.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 04:00:40 PM »

I'm just being realistic. I wish Bushie took this job seriously, but refusing to do any moving to "rest up" before the job isn't a viable option. I want him to succeed but I've been burned so many times in the past that it's just silly to think this will be different.

No, you're just being pessimistic.  I guess it's understandable, but it's not guaranteed realistic.  I have no doubt I can do this.  I've stood up most of the afternoon today and I feel fine.  I'll sit down to eat here in a few minutes and then I'll stand up for a little bit once I get home.

I'm trying guys.  It may not be how you want it, but beggars cannot be choosers.  I'll start this job and I'll work long and hard at this job and surprise all of us.

Standing up for a couple of ours in the afternoon isn't the same as standing for an entire shift. Believe me. I used to work at a golf course during college in the summers and its tough, and I'm in pretty decent shape. Considering walking for you is a chore and standing for 2 hours is an accomplishment, you can't fault me for not thinking you'll last more than a few weeks.

And to clarify, I do think you have the ability to do this job. I just don't think you have the desire.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 02:19:34 AM »

It's weird bushie doesn't realize buying real food is actually cheaper than eating burgers and buying frozen food. He acts like a piece of chicken and greens will cost him a hundred dollars.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 12:47:12 PM »

I just hope he makes it through training without any issues.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 02:04:22 PM »

Oh, Bushie! I'll be really happy if you make it a week on the job. I hope you do!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 03:05:53 PM »

I like how going out to get something is not an option despite that Bushie goes out to eat 99% of the time.

Classic!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »

I like how going out to get something is not an option despite that Bushie goes out to eat 99% of the time.

Classic!

I didn't want to spend any money and I need to start eating the food in my house.

Frozen food won't go bad anytime soon! You've never been concerned about that before when you ordered pizza or got a double cheeseburger.

I'm glad you seem to want to be frugal now. I'm just making an observation. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 08:35:04 PM »

You just have to wonder if he is physically able to do what they will expect him to do each day. I wish I had more faith in him, but I can't see this going beyond a month, if that. He has trouble standing for two hours in a day. I can't see him just all of a sudden lasting eight hours.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 07:13:45 PM »

What a great job! I hope you get out of debt soon.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 01:54:56 AM »

I was wondering how he got such a huge tax refund too. His grandma probably donated $1000 to his debt and didn't tell him or something like that. I doubt he got that big of a check back for hardly working.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 12:17:36 PM »

https://www.sprouts.com/specials/-/flyer/store/805

blackberries - 98¢ 5.6 oz pack
grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
boneless skinless chicken thighs - $2.99 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

if only Bushie had his discount card to afford these extravagant prices instead of having to save with a $10 combo from Braum's

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

EDIT: Although years of this Braum's talk has me curious.  I could only be disappointed at this point.

Those prices look like a dream come true. I just paid $3 for a 6oz pack of blackberries yesterday. I'd be in heaven if they were only 98 cents.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

if only Bushie had his discount card to afford these extravagant prices instead of having to save with a $10 combo from Braum's

Lol classic Bushie nonsense.  In a PM to me once he mentioned his love for grapes.  But at .98/pound!?  Probably only fit for the liberal, elitist upper crust of Tulsa.  I get this image of Bushie clutching his pearls and storming out in a huff to Braum's for some down home cookin'.

EDIT: Although years of this Braum's talk has me curious.  I could only be disappointed at this point.

Those prices look like a dream come true. I just paid $3 for a 6oz pack of blackberries yesterday. I'd be in heaven if they were only 98 cents.

Wow, Dukey.  I didn't know you are the beneficiary of a South Carolinian plantation!  I guess the moniker "Duke" is quite literal.  Please hire me to work your fields, sweet prince.  I will only require some of your giant golden blackberries for sustenance. 

Must be so nice to not have to pinch pennies buying Mickey Dee's combos...  Oh the life of a rich. 

Lol, I was merely making a statement about how I wish I had prices like that here. I'm far from a rich or a beneficiary of a plantation. I'm the son of a Greek immigrant family. I'm just jealous the price of food seems to be so much cheaper, yet Bushie still refuses to buy groceries.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 03:38:29 PM »

grapes - 98¢ a pound
broccoli - $1.28 a pound
rice - 69¢ a £

Wow, Dukey.  I didn't know you are the beneficiary of a South Carolinian plantation!  I guess the moniker "Duke" is quite literal.  Please hire me to work your fields, sweet prince.  I will only require some of your giant golden blackberries for sustenance. 

Must be so nice to not have to pinch pennies buying Mickey Dee's combos...  Oh the life of a rich. 

Lol, I was merely making a statement about how I wish I had prices like that here. I'm far from a rich or a beneficiary of a plantation. I'm the son of a Greek immigrant family. I'm just jealous the price of food seems to be so much cheaper, yet Bushie still refuses to buy groceries.

Oh of course.  I was just poking fun at Bushie's decision to not buy exorbitant $0.98/lb grapes until he can get a discount by acting like your more expensive (but not crazy) blackberries must be the life fruit of the gods.   

He just doesn't know how lucky he has it. It makes me think he's even more foolish than I originally thought when he refuses to do anything on his own. He could eat so cheap if he just wanted to learn how to cook for himself!

He can even buy salmon for $7.99 a pound. It's $13.99 here most of the time!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 11:32:39 AM »

I wish Bushie was the meat man at my grocery store. Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 11:39:55 AM »

I guess he may as well drink V8 drinks, but they're full of sugar too. I guess it has vitamins in it though, so it's better to drink sugar with vitamins instead of just sugar syrup.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 07:41:03 PM »

I sure hope the rain doesn't cause Bushie to miss work tomorrow!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 11:51:17 PM »

Thank goodness he's okay. Does he have an early shift in the morning? Why is he going to bed this early?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 08:34:54 AM »

If he doesn't mix that chicken with potatoes or rice, he'll be fine. The nasty secret no one wants to tell you is fat is okay for your body. It's processed sugars and carbohydrates that make you fat. "Low fat" is just a marketing lie fed to you by the powers that be.

That's why the World Health Org, etc are now saying eggs don't raise your cholesterol and saturated fats in meat and dairy aren't as bad for you as they first said.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 08:56:21 AM »

Good times are happening and more good times are ahead.

Uh oh, isn't this usually the part where things start going horribly wrong?

I found something today in the meat department that I want to try one of these days.  It is their Bacon-Cheddar Chicken Breast.

Even by your definition of "diet"...

Honestly, Bushie could do a whole heck of a lot worse than bacon-cheddar chicken breast. It's a huge net improvement over the usual because it has ~0 carbs in it.

Is that so?  Are there real differences between types of carbs that the simple nutrition label will not tell you? 

Carbs are carbs, all of them spike your insulin levels and cause you to retain fat. Whole grains spike it to a lesser extent than say, wonder bread, but it still does it. Carbs are fine for most people, but if you're Bushie's weight, if he ever wants to drop the pounds, he needs to stop eating bread. Cutting out a lot of fat won't do him a lot of good if he's still eating bread, pastas, burritos.

That's why fruit juices and the like are shams, because they're actually not that good for you. Some fruit is like berries, but others are just pure sugar, but people feel good about eating it because they're eating fruit and they've been told it's healthy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

Yes, on my current diet I'm eating 45% fat/15% carbs/40% protein and have lost 15 pounds and feel fantastic. Fat in nuts, fish, eggs, healthy oils, etc is not bad for you at all. I'm even eating bacon and have lost weight.

Bushie could lose weight while eating all the chicken breasts covered in bacon and cheese he wants if he'd stop eating bread and sugar, but I know that will never happen.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »

All berries are low in sugar because they have so much fiber in them. He could eat cranberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc, and he fine.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:28 PM »

Wait, his doctor told him he was nutrient deprived?

I thought his indian doctors always told him he was in great shape and to not worry about losing weight?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »

Wait, his doctor told him he was nutrient deprived?

I thought his indian doctors always told him he was in great shape and to not worry about losing weight?

Yes, he told me I was anemic.  I looked at him a little funny at first, but he explained it and I wasn't a bit surprised.

He also said my bad cholesterol had jumped nearly 40 pts in the last year from 96 to 132 and my good cholesterol is 1 point below normal.

My blood pressure was slightly higher than normal, but still not bad.  My blood sugar was perfectly normal.

You were surprised at that news? Surely not!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies