2015 NCAA Basketball champion - Kentucky vs the Field
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:07:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2015 NCAA Basketball champion - Kentucky vs the Field
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: who will win the NCAA tournament?
Kentucky

any other team

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: 2015 NCAA Basketball champion - Kentucky vs the Field  (Read 2184 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2015, 08:13:40 PM »

at last update Kentucky is going at just about even money to win.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »

Anyone who takes the field hasn't watched a single college basketball game this season. At least at this point, Kentucky is unstoppable.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »

I'd take Kentucky.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 11:35:30 PM »

Anyone who takes the field hasn't watched a single college basketball game this season. At least at this point, Kentucky is unstoppable.

This. Notre Dame IMO has the best chance of knocking out Kentucky, but even then my money's on the latter.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:25:58 AM »

Hardly.  Virginia has a solid chance to defeat Kentucky, as does Arizona.  I don't think it's likely, but it's certainly possible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »

Kentucky.  A Kentucky loss in any round would ignite a massive explosion of hundreds of million brackets.  I think this year's bracket is the easiest in recent memory to predict.  That said, anything can happen, and I could be eating crow, but realistically Kentucky just needs to play Kentucky basketball and they're 40-0 with the trophy.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:12 PM »

Kentucky is the Hillary Clinton of college hoops.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »

Obviously the best thing about this bracket was seeing how badly the committee screwed over Virginia. Unfortunately that meant that Duke got a gift of a region, but I can live with that as long as Virginia loses.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »

Kentucky is the Hillary Clinton of college hoops.

And Hillary Clinton the John Calipari of politics - meaning all her accomplishments will be erased from history by scandal, mwahaha!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »

Buffalo
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »

Obviously the best thing about this bracket was seeing how badly the committee screwed over Virginia. Unfortunately that meant that Duke got a gift of a region, but I can live with that as long as Virginia loses.

Huh I actually think Virginia got lucky--Villanova is really it in terms of top tier teams.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 03:19:56 PM »

Huh I actually think Virginia got lucky--Villanova is really it in terms of top tier teams.

Agreed, the only argument is that MSU is one of the best 7 seeds I have ever seen, but Oklahoma is a mediocre 3 so that makes up for it. Plus Georgia could easily knock off Sparty with the right effort.

And UVa beat a much better Michigan State team last year with all the motivation in the world as a 4 seed that was arguably the championship favorites. 
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 04:20:32 PM »

Villanova continuously proves to be one of the worst March Madness teams ever though. They choke every single year. If Kentucky wasn't as good as they are this year, Virginia would be the favorite to win the title.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 04:30:56 PM »

Villanova continuously proves to be one of the worst March Madness teams ever though. They choke every single year. If Kentucky wasn't as good as they are this year, Virginia would be the favorite to win the title.

What?  Villanova won the national title in 1985 and they've made a Final Four recently.  They're not one of the best college basketball programs, that's their main problem.  Aside from the team with Randy Foye and Kyle Lowry, they've never been extremely talented NBA prospect heavy teams.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 05:11:04 PM »

What?  Villanova won the national title in 1985 and they've made a Final Four recently.  They're not one of the best college basketball programs, that's their main problem.  Aside from the team with Randy Foye and Kyle Lowry, they've never been extremely talented NBA prospect heavy teams.

I hate people bringing up that due to last year's performance. UCon, was the champion. 5 of the last 10 yrs we were knocked out by the champion. 1 year we missed the tourney and 1 year we had the Fisher/Reynolds fiasco that would never happen to this team. 2013 we were serious underdogs so you couldn't expect anything.

It's not that hard to explain the lack of success (really hard to call a Final Four in 09 and a narrow Elite 8 loss in 06 a lack of success) which I'd more than I can say for someone like Notre Dame (who I also have in my F4 because streaks can be broken especially with player turnover like college).
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 05:22:08 AM »

If Hampton beats Kentucky, I would literally go there.

But they won't.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 10:48:31 AM »

It is possible John Callipari team can be defeated, his UMASS team of 1996 and Memphis 2008 teams were upset. Granted in 2008, they had Derrick Rose, who has been underperforming in NBA, but it is possible Kansas can do it again, too. In one of my brackets, I have that happening.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 11:46:53 AM »

It is possible John Callipari team can be defeated, his UMASS team of 1996 and Memphis 2008 teams were upset. Granted in 2008, they had Derrick Rose, who has been underperforming in NBA, but it is possible Kansas can do it again, too. In one of my brackets, I have that happening.

You're crazy. 
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 01:36:03 PM »

OC, I reckon you may know as much about basketball as NYE does about baseball. Have either of you considered accepting a Tim McCarver-esque role as a commentator?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies