al gore/mike bloomberg
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  al gore/mike bloomberg
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: the best ticket ever?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: al gore/mike bloomberg  (Read 2492 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »
« edited: March 24, 2015, 11:43:55 PM by traininthedistance »

Bloomberg's transport policy was not that of someone solely concerned with travel by chauffeured sedan.

As you know, I've been quite the Bloomberg defender on this point.  But, uh, I'm starting to think that might have been a little naive, what with the endless delays (two years after his shiny line-opening photo-op!) and lack of station in Hell's Kitchen (that really needed it more), and as I've been reminded recently, the fact that the City's contribution to the MTA stayed stagnant during the Bloomberg years.

I mean, he made the right noises, and we'll see at least a stub of the Second Avenue Subway sometime before I'm dead, and that's not nothing.  And JSK was legit fantastic– I'll continue to trumpet the streetscape improvements.  But some of the seams of his MTA policy are, in retrospect, starting to show.  That he did more for transit in the city than anyone since LaGuardia may simply be a matter of just how awful his predecessors were.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies