FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:46:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 43
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103797 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: June 07, 2016, 01:41:14 AM »

The last hope is that of Jolly, DeSantis, and CLC, only one stays in, and the other two drop out. I really don't know which of the three is strongest, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #626 on: June 07, 2016, 10:15:56 PM »

So my internship ended suddenly today (I wasn't fired but I'm being replaced since my boss owes someone a favor and there isn't room for two interns) so no more Sanchez-leaks for the time being Sad. He said he's gonna get me hooked up with the RPOF, but it looks hazy.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #627 on: June 07, 2016, 10:19:25 PM »

So my internship ended suddenly today (I wasn't fired but I'm being replaced since my boss owes someone a favor and there isn't room for two interns) so no more Sanchez-leaks for the time being Sad. He said he's gonna get me hooked up with the RPOF, but it looks hazy.

Good luck, Sanchez!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #628 on: June 08, 2016, 05:56:43 AM »

Sorry for you, hopefully you will be able to be involved in politics behind the scene again in the future.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #629 on: June 08, 2016, 06:31:39 AM »

Adam Smith thinks Jolly drops back down and runs for House.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #630 on: June 09, 2016, 09:51:01 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2016, 10:13:35 AM by RogueBeaver »

Caputo says Jolly is considering dropping back down, pushed by pressure and changing electoral circumstances. In Rubioworld, some believe that Rubio's non-Shermanesque statements are for leverage on a formal CLC endorsements, others that he's genuinely reconsidering.

Jolly says he'll make a Senate decision within the next week, and he expects to hear from Rubio by then. House race is a separate decision.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #631 on: June 09, 2016, 12:20:43 PM »

Murphy allegedly traded donations for favors.

He also misstated his CPA experience, according to a report.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #632 on: June 09, 2016, 12:57:23 PM »

Would like Atlas to fake references for you?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #633 on: June 09, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »

Isn't the House seat Crist is running for a safe D seat? Why would Jolly volunteer to be slaughtered there?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #634 on: June 09, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »

Isn't the House seat Crist is running for a safe D seat? Why would Jolly volunteer to be slaughtered there?

I just don't get the impression that Jolly is that bright.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #635 on: June 09, 2016, 02:18:44 PM »

What? The golden boy is having trouble in Paradise?
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #636 on: June 09, 2016, 02:34:34 PM »

Obama '12 carried it 54.6-43.9. That might seem like a lot, but Curbelo's district, which is considered to be competitive, is Obama '12 55.4-43.9. So while Crist would probably be a favorite given that he carried Pinellas County, which is where the district is, as a republican, as a democrat, and as an independent, it wouldn't be completely hopeless.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #637 on: June 09, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »

Obama '12 carried it 54.6-43.9. That might seem like a lot, but Curbelo's district, which is considered to be competitive, is Obama '12 55.4-43.9. So while Crist would probably be a favorite given that he carried Pinellas County, which is where the district is, as a republican, as a democrat, and as an independent, it wouldn't be completely hopeless.
His old seat was considered Tilt R, and the new one is Lean/Likely D. As explained, it could still be competitive. If he drops out, it also narrows the Republican field, which is critical.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #638 on: June 09, 2016, 03:34:57 PM »

Curbello's seat has a lot of Cuban-Americans who are willing to vote R for congress. Pinellas Co. doesn't.

Jolly vs. Crist is Lean D at worst.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #639 on: June 09, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »

If Curbelo survives this cycle, it will be a huge testament to his talents and he'll probably run for Senate or Governor down the line. I think no matter what he does, it's going to be tough with demographics moving against him and Trump being toxic down ballot in this type of district.

But yeah, Jolly's up sh**ts creek either way.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #640 on: June 09, 2016, 04:14:32 PM »

Apparently polls (pretty sure they were internals) showed Jolly could still compete against Crist.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #641 on: June 09, 2016, 04:32:05 PM »

Maybe the FL GOP wants Jolly out to help them unite behind one candidate (plus he's to the left of DeSantis and CLC) and I think he does have a small chance against Crist in FL-13 (though definately an underdog). They really need to just focus behind one candidate, IMO.
Also bumping these up from the previous page:

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #642 on: June 09, 2016, 06:25:28 PM »

Maybe the FL GOP wants Jolly out to help them unite behind one candidate (plus he's to the left of DeSantis and CLC) and I think he does have a small chance against Crist in FL-13 (though definately an underdog). They really need to just focus behind one candidate, IMO.
Also bumping these up from the previous page:

Yes, yes, we know you don't like Murphy.  You don't have to spam the thread by bumping links every time it goes to a new page.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #643 on: June 09, 2016, 06:54:04 PM »

Fine. I won't do it again. Since it was the second to last post on the last page, just wanted to put it back up front. I've read that the NRSC thinks Priviledged Patrick is deeply flawed, and it looks like here's some more stuff they can use as ammo.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #644 on: June 09, 2016, 07:37:03 PM »

The thing is, this is a rare situation where the Floridems aren't doing too bad. But if Murphy does turn out to be as flawed as Grayson, then they'd probably lose this one easily.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #645 on: June 09, 2016, 07:40:44 PM »

The thing is, this is a rare situation where the Floridems aren't doing too bad. But if Murphy does turn out to be as flawed as Grayson, then they'd probably lose this one easily.
If Murphy's financial corruption allegations stick, he'll probably be hoping Jolly drops out. If they stick, I'd rate a Murphy v. Jolly race Tilt R.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #646 on: June 10, 2016, 07:37:42 AM »

St Pete Polls for FL-13: Jolly and Crist tied at 44%.
JMT

« Reply #647 on: June 10, 2016, 09:33:13 AM »

If Crist loses this race, I'll be pissed off because another Democrat could likely win it (this same poll shows Hillary Clinton beating Donald Trump by 10 points in the district, while Crist and Jolly are tied. Also, 53% of respondents said they voted Obama in 2012). I really hope Jolly stays in the Senate race so Dems can safely lock up this seat... If Crist loses yet another winnable race his political career should be over for good.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »

If Crist loses this race, I'll be pissed off because another Democrat could likely win it (this same poll shows Hillary Clinton beating Donald Trump by 10 points in the district, while Crist and Jolly are tied. Also, 53% of respondents said they voted Obama in 2012). I really hope Jolly stays in the Senate race so Dems can safely lock up this seat... If Crist loses yet another winnable race his political career should be over for good.
Jolly seems like a Republican who has crossover appeal. The article shows that he is still very popular, and doing really well with moderate and independent voters. That's why he's keeping it competitive.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #649 on: June 10, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »

lmaoo I hope Charlie loses another race.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies