Why do so Many People Have an Unfavorable Opinion of Hillary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:59:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why do so Many People Have an Unfavorable Opinion of Hillary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Why do so Many People Have an Unfavorable Opinion of Hillary?  (Read 5206 times)
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2005, 03:24:31 PM »

I really don't know that much about her other than she used to be first lady and is now the Junior Senator from New York. Can anyone give me a specific reason why she is hated so much?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 03:28:44 PM »

Hillarycare
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 03:31:05 PM »

Read something on Hillary's health care plan (HillaryCare) in 1994.  If you can't anything on that, read something on TennCare (which Gov. Bredesen just helped dismantle).  It was basically the same type of plan as what Hillary was going to offer the whole country, not just the poor.

That, more than any Contract for America, is what has given the Republicans the House the last 12 years and the Senate 10 out of thos 12.

I will say that she has improved her favorability since that time, because her ratings then were about 25% approve, 65% disapprove.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 03:32:32 PM »

Because she's Bill's wife (what ever that is worth) that is enough for SOME conservitives.  Plus, the media acts like she's an electable candiate for pres., just like they say about Jeb; and he isn't going to run.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 03:38:46 PM »

She currently seems to be developing a "screeching" personality (a la Nancy Pelosi).  Whether that's a true personality change, or just some clever biased editing remains to be seen.  Or maybe its just New York rubbing off on her. Wink
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 08:02:17 PM »

She has a shrill and brittle personality.

She is identified with hard-left causes.

She is a radical feminist.

There is a deep suspicion that she is hiding even worse radical left-wing ideas, that she would enact against the will of the people if she ever had the chance.

She is personally dishonest, and known to be a first-rate b**ch.   She is a user of people, to the point where a number of people have gone to jail to protect her from the consequences of her dishonest actions.

It's hard to explain in words.  It's the type of thing that if you have to ask the question, you probably wouldn't understand the answer.  I don't say that to be condescending, but strong dislike of Hillary Clinton is simply second nature to a lot of people, including myself, so much so that words don't do justice to the depth of feeling that this woman evokes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 08:05:59 PM »

She is associated with Bill that makes reps. spew blood all over the area.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 08:16:33 PM »

I credit it to simple, basic intelligence.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 11:45:52 PM »

I think a big reason I have a negative opinion of her, besides the far-left stuff, is that I'm kinda scared of her. Senator Clinton is many things, but she is not an idiot. She is a cold, calculating, power-hungary shrew who knows what she wants and how to get it.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 11:50:59 PM »

Last year, I had a conversation with my friend Kiki.  My friend Jonny called Hillary a "bitch"; at that point in time I tended to agree with him.  Kiki said that people only called Hillary such names because she was a powerful woman.  I haven't thought negatively overall about Hil since then.  I'm sure a lot of you have your reasons for hating her, but I think that overall, my friend, Kiki was right.  Most people that hate her hate her because she is a powerful woman, and that threatens superiority-complex males.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 11:55:29 PM »

Same reason as her husband - I think both of them are amoral power seekers who will do or say anything to win power, no matter how many of their 'friends' they use up and discard along the way.

Careful Democrats - don't embrace these vipers to your chest, else they will drain more vitality out of you (even though it's hard to top 1994 for sheer level of damage inflicted)...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 01:45:42 AM »

J.R. Brown, I asked this Q a long time ago, and got varied complex answers, but I've since come to the simple conclusion that she is a high profile, ambitious Democratic woman.

That is basically it, but being the wife of Bill Clinton, the health care plan, calling out the VRWC, are all part of it. I don't think anything recalls conservative frustration in the minority as those days of the Clinton administration in 1993 and the public's backlash to impeachment in late 1998.
skybridge
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 04:26:06 AM »

Since most people on here can't give a straight answer (and strongly favor the right) they probably don't know themselves. The answer probably lies in the fact that Mrs. Clinton beats them at their own game, since the media portrays her in an electable light.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 05:55:02 AM »

Last year, I had a conversation with my friend Kiki.  My friend Jonny called Hillary a "bitch"; at that point in time I tended to agree with him.  Kiki said that people only called Hillary such names because she was a powerful woman.  I haven't thought negatively overall about Hil since then.  I'm sure a lot of you have your reasons for hating her, but I think that overall, my friend, Kiki was right.  Most people that hate her hate her because she is a powerful woman, and that threatens superiority-complex males.

You've bought into the feminist propaganda hook, line and sinker.  Why don't these same people hate Condeleeza Rice?  Or Margaret Thatcher?

Conservatives hate her because of her overall philosophy, her condescension and tone of superiority toward those who didn't make the same choices as she did in life (as evidenced by her derisive comments about women who "stay home and bake cookies"), and her amoral worship of sheer power for its own sake.

If the reason people hate her is because she's a woman, why do those same people hate her husband too?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 05:56:53 AM »

I think a big reason I have a negative opinion of her, besides the far-left stuff, is that I'm kinda scared of her. Senator Clinton is many things, but she is not an idiot. She is a cold, calculating, power-hungary shrew who knows what she wants and how to get it.

Bingo.  And she cares not who she steps on to get there.

I also don't like the interest groups that support her most strongly, and that is part of my dislike for her.

I remember the first time I saw her, when she appeared with Bill after the 1992 Super Bowl to discuss the "pain" he had caused in their marriage.  I hated her at hello.  She gave off a very very bad vibe then, and still does.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 08:42:30 AM »

A Republican smear campaign that has lasted more than a decade.  Fearful of a woman with presidential ambitions who potentially could have swept into the White House of her own accord, Republicans have attacked Hillary to no end, rendering her unelectable to the presidency.  Which is why we cannot, under any circumstances, nominate her if we want even a chance of winning the White House in 2008.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 11:45:09 AM »

You've bought into the feminist propaganda hook, line and sinker.  Why don't these same people hate Condeleeza Rice?  Or Margaret Thatcher?

Conservatives hate her because of her overall philosophy, her condescension and tone of superiority toward those who didn't make the same choices as she did in life (as evidenced by her derisive comments about women who "stay home and bake cookies"), and her amoral worship of sheer power for its own sake.

If the reason people hate her is because she's a woman, why do those same people hate her husband too?

You're right, they hate her because of her liberal ideology, but they also resent the fact that some pinko-commie feminista thinks she can take the White House away from a male dominated society, even though females outnumber men in this country. The only way I could see her getting the nomination and winning in the general is if she had a favorability rating amongst women of 60% or more.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 12:52:39 PM »

I do not like her for a variety of reasons:

1-she is too far right,a nd far too conservative for the state she represents
2-she is a carpetbagger
3-she is very self centered and power hungry
4-she is a nanny state who whined about violence in video games and sided with Rick Santorum whining about violence in TV. There is nothing wrong with violence in the media and everyone should just shut up about it.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 01:45:22 PM »

I absolutely love how Hillary-supporters are so quick to attribute the Hillary-bashing to 'superiority-complex males'.

Needless to say, my mother absolutely hates Hillary's guts. Oh, so my mom is a 'superiority-complex male'? I don't think so. What the bloody hell do you think she been doing all these years, just 'baking cookies' and doing virtually nothing for society, being lazy, et cetera? I don't think so, either.

I hate Hillary's sneering, phony personality, power-lust, scornful attitude towards stay-at-home mothers, political views, and pretty much everything else. However, unlike what many Hillary-supporters would accuse me of, I don't hate her because she's a woman. I'm not fearful of women coming into power, but rather, disrespectful, scheming, obnoxious women - just as I am of disrespectful, scheming, obnoxious men (of which there have been too many). I happen to loathe plenty of men who possess the same pathetically snobby attributes, so don't scream chauvinist.

If Hillary was male, would you (not directed at anyone specifically) still screech 'those damned superiority-complex males!' every time he was bashed by another disgruntled person? Probably not. Then stop resorting to that exact same excuse and think of some other reasons why people might hate Hillary. The assumption that every Hillary-hater must be an angsty, power-hungry male is thoroughly mouldy from overuse.

If you can read, you can see that I said that, "I'm sure a lot of you have your reasons for hating her, but I think that overall, my friend, Kiki was right."  And on top of that, I also included the word "most" in the comment, "Most people that hate her hate her because she is a powerful woman, and that threatens superiority-complex males."  And also, many women have inferiority-complexes and feel that women should stay at home and be their man's slave, as that's how they interpret the bible.  Add to the list of Hillary-haters inferiority-complex females along with the few people that have actual reasons for hating her, and superiority-complex males, k?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 06:35:15 PM »

Read something on Hillary's health care plan (HillaryCare) in 1994.  If you can't anything on that, read something on TennCare (which Gov. Bredesen just helped dismantle). 

No, Bredesen did not dismantle it, he cut some people off of it. And it is nothing like what Hillary proposed.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 07:34:57 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2005, 07:38:20 PM by J.R. Brown »

I absolutely love how Hillary-supporters are so quick to attribute the Hillary-bashing to 'superiority-complex males'.

Needless to say, my mother absolutely hates Hillary's guts. Oh, so my mom is a 'superiority-complex male'? I don't think so. What the bloody hell do you think she been doing all these years, just 'baking cookies' and doing virtually nothing for society, being lazy, et cetera? I don't think so, either.

I hate Hillary's sneering, phony personality, power-lust, scornful attitude towards stay-at-home mothers, political views, and pretty much everything else. However, unlike what many Hillary-supporters would accuse me of, I don't hate her because she's a woman. I'm not fearful of women coming into power, but rather, disrespectful, scheming, obnoxious women - just as I am of disrespectful, scheming, obnoxious men (of which there have been too many). I happen to loathe plenty of men who possess the same pathetically snobby attributes, so don't scream chauvinist.

If Hillary was male, would you (not directed at anyone specifically) still screech 'those damned superiority-complex males!' every time he was bashed by another disgruntled person? Probably not. Then stop resorting to that exact same excuse and think of some other reasons why people might hate Hillary. The assumption that every Hillary-hater must be an angsty, power-hungry male is thoroughly mouldy from overuse.

If you can read, you can see that I said that, "I'm sure a lot of you have your reasons for hating her, but I think that overall, my friend, Kiki was right."  And on top of that, I also included the word "most" in the comment, "Most people that hate her hate her because she is a powerful woman, and that threatens superiority-complex males."  And also, many women have inferiority-complexes and feel that women should stay at home and be their man's slave, as that's how they interpret the bible.  Add to the list of Hillary-haters inferiority-complex females along with the few people that have actual reasons for hating her, and superiority-complex males, k?
And who are you referring to with the term 'inferiority-complex females'? Are you implying that women/mothers who choose to stay at home have inferiority complexes?
There are SOME men and SOME women who believe that a womans place is in the home. I don't think that means that they have an inferiority complex in the case of women and superiority in the case of men. I just think they have a traditional ideology when it comes to the family, and that's fine. No one right here and no one is particularly wrong. We all just have different ways of raising our families.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 07:54:25 PM »

Ian, your original statement implies that somehow, people who don't like the political views or behavior of somehow who happens to be a woman are somehow threatened by women in general.

I'm sorry to see that you've bought into this, at least partially.  There is plenty of reason to dislike Hillary Clinton that has nothing to do with her gender.  I really don't believe that most people who hate her do so simply because she is a woman who has power.  Other powerful women don't necessarily evoke the reaction that Madame Clinton does, and I think pushing this mentality is a feminist scheme to place criticism of any woman who makes the "right" choices off-limits.  It's just wrong.  Hillary Clinton is a dreadful woman who deserves every bit of criticism she has received, and then some, and she'd deserve it if she were a man.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 01:41:01 PM »

Ian, your original statement implies that somehow, people who don't like the political views or behavior of somehow who happens to be a woman are somehow threatened by women in general.

I'm sorry to see that you've bought into this, at least partially.  There is plenty of reason to dislike Hillary Clinton that has nothing to do with her gender.  I really don't believe that most people who hate her do so simply because she is a woman who has power.  Other powerful women don't necessarily evoke the reaction that Madame Clinton does, and I think pushing this mentality is a feminist scheme to place criticism of any woman who makes the "right" choices off-limits.  It's just wrong.  Hillary Clinton is a dreadful woman who deserves every bit of criticism she has received, and then some, and she'd deserve it if she were a man.

Calling her a dreadful woman is a bit strong. Say that shes a dreadful politician or Senator. Say that you disagree with everything she stands for, but attacking her on a personal level like that without actually knowing her is kind of wrong. I don't think I would ever attack someone on your side like that. I would never call President Bush a horrible human being. I don't know him personally. I know his policies and would disagree with them and call his policies horrible or his political tactics awful. I wouldn't attack him on a personal level though.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2005, 01:56:07 PM »

She is substantially more liberal than her husband.

She is fond on conspiracy theories, e.g. "the vast right wing conspiracy." 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2005, 01:57:16 PM »

Republican smear campaign plain and simple.  When you really blow off the smoke and ignore her rightward shift, she would really make a great President. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies