ABC/WaPo national poll: Hillary ahead by 14% and more (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:13:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ABC/WaPo national poll: Hillary ahead by 14% and more (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ABC/WaPo national poll: Hillary ahead by 14% and more  (Read 4837 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 03, 2015, 02:05:38 PM »

This is the only election close to a 14% difference between a Republican and a Democrat in a binary election in a century.

The color scheme does not violate the Atlas color convention: this is 1956, and Ike won big (57-42).
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 06:44:09 PM »

why ban me?Huh??
 the polls are real and I posting them first

an the april fooler who works today

At least my April Fool polls (as from "Loof-Lipra") and suggestion of the deceased Harold Stassen for President were intended as jokes.

The Star Trek references in one of them (basically Senator KIRK will need phasers to win in a year in which "Hillary Clingon") should have given it away.   
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »

These national polls are worthless. We need at least RV.

This is among RVs, according to RCP anyway.

It's of adults, but they've got RV numbers as well if you dig into King's link. Turns out, not much changes:

Clinton 53 / Bush 41
Clinton 54 / Walker 40
Clinton 54 / Rubio 39
Clinton 56 / Cruz 39

This is strange new territory. Unless new voters of 2016 are unusually Democratic in their leaning or current registered voters who do not vote in 2016 (which could be those who die before they can vote) are heavily Republican, it is hard to see how Hillary Clinton can gain on these figures. At this point the undecided who end up voting are Republican-leaning, so figure that 

Clinton 54 / Bush 46
Clinton 55 / Walker 45
Clinton 54 / Rubio 45
Clinton 57 / Cruz 43 

is how things would turn out.

Does she build on the huge Obama margins in some states of 2008? Not likely. Those are max-out areas. Her gains are likely to be outside the Democratic firewall.

Nobody can tell so far where those gains would be. Swing states like Florida, Ohio, and Virginia? Maybe, but that would not be enough to account for such margins. States that her husband was the last to carry? Could be. Upper Plains states (Kansas and northward?) I have yet to see any sign of that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies