Breaking news - Libya to give up WMD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:32:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Breaking news - Libya to give up WMD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking news - Libya to give up WMD  (Read 6002 times)
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« on: December 22, 2003, 11:36:00 PM »

What erks me is that there's a little harmless Island not far from the Florida Coast that's had embargos against it since the Kennedy Administration. We should consider lifting all the Embargos against that little Island, even if Castro is still in power. If we are going to lift embargos against Lybia, when Quadafi is stll its leader, we are long overdue to do the same for Cuba. Any comments?
Lift the damn Cuba embargos already.  I don't want to fear for my life every time a pop open a box of cigars.

I support lifting the embargo, but this is a very sensitive issue for millions of Cuban-Americans. There are single-issue voters whose main issue is the Cuban situation, and almost none of them support lifting the embargo. They're all against it. Luckily, most of the Dem candidates for president don't support lifting the embargo, so this will be a dead issue in 2004, for all intents and purposes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies