Israeli legislative election, 1949 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:33:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Israeli legislative election, 1949 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Let the sure-fire clusterf*ck of an election series commence!
Mapai

Mapam

United Religious Front

Herut

General Zionists

Progressive Party

National Unity List of Sephardim and Oriental Communities

Maki

Democratic List of Nazareth

Fighters' List

Women's International Zionist Organization

Yemenite Association

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Israeli legislative election, 1949  (Read 13724 times)
MalaspinaGold

« on: April 08, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »

Mapam (easiest choice ever)

Protip: unless you want to vote for Arab right wing (Balad) or the Islamists, Maki/Rakkah/Hadash will be your only option.

MalaspinaGold

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »

Mapai. The other leftists are naive when it comes to the USSR

Things would have been so much worse with a Soviet-allied Israel. Most of the neighboring Arab states were Baghdad Pact signatories or otherwise US-allied, so that would have just taken a preexisting conflict and added a layer of Cold War animosity to it. I'd expect to have seen the Arab-Israeli conflict turn into a US-Soviet proxy war. I assume the Palestinian independence movement wouldn't have been pro-Soviet and Marxist like IRL. (Maybe they would have been right-wing and fascist?)
What about a non-aligned Israel?
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »

Is there any chance that the Arab republics crush Israel in the 50s or 60s, or are we doomed to continue this to the present?

You could always register with a Neo Nazi Party, you seem to fit in with some of their pro-genocide members.

I am not opposed to Jews, I am opposed to a Jewish settler-colonial state seizing land from existing Arab populations.
So while you are not opposed to Jews as a "tolerated minority", you don't want Jews to have any options should their "tolerated" part of the status end. Good to know.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 06:14:01 PM »

A minority being oppressed does not grant them the right to oppress a new population in a different part of the world.
Question: does living in location B automatically mean oppressing the "natives" of location B?
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 06:31:38 PM »

A minority being oppressed does not grant them the right to oppress a new population in a different part of the world.
Question: does living in location B automatically mean oppressing the "natives" of location B?

No, but seizure of land and discrimination against said natives does.
So you don't actually have anything against Zionism. Good to know.

Also, Israel getting crushed by Arab Democracies (unlikely considering that none of Egypt, Jordan, or Syria were democracies at the time) is almost certainly the least likely or positive fix. There are much likelier ways for some land return and an end to discrimination to happen.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 12:13:46 PM »

Let's hope this is the last argument of those sorts we end up having.  Unlikely, but I'd greatly appreciate it if all of us try.

I mean, you did start an election series set in a country literally built upon a pile of Palestinian corpses
No it wasn't.
There was a very strong chance up until the Yom Kippur War that Israel would actually be wiped off the map. Why are you fully excluding this?
No there wasn't.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 12:27:16 PM »

If you were to actually read the figures, you would find that the number of Palestinians actually killed was less than 12000. Still far too many, but hardly enough for a 'mountains of corpses type remark"

Edgy Marxist antisemites, leave already. This isn't your timeline.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 12:35:09 PM »

If you were to actually read the figures, you would find that the number of Palestinians actually killed was less than 12000. Still far too many, but hardly enough for a 'mountains of corpses type remark"

Edgy Marxist antisemites, leave already. This isn't your timeline.

lmao

There is a (very) low bar necessary to be considered a non-antisemite antizionist. You have failed to cross it many times.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »

Call me what you want. At least I'm not running interference for a regime that bombs hospitals just because it's got universal health care.
I don't run interference for any regime. You made a false statement. I corrected said false statement. Get over it.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 12:51:14 PM »

I have Sephardi ancestry, for the record.
Who cares?
Gilad Atzmon has 100% Jewish ancestry, and he's still an antisemite.

Someone with 1/32nd Palestinian blood who does nothing but apologize for Bibi and Bennett and calls for Greater Israel could very well be considered anti-Palestinian.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 01:20:55 PM »

The earliest POD is of course that Sephardim/Mizrachim are not treated like **** and don't end up becoming right wing for forty years. Also is Mapai and company stop being so insufferable to anyone who isn't WAS (White Ashkenazi Secular)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies