Opinion of Sarah Silverman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:11:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Sarah Silverman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Sarah Silverman
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 95

Author Topic: Opinion of Sarah Silverman  (Read 6874 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 08:32:50 AM »

Cute, Jewish, and even funny, but a bit too vulgar and foul-mouthed for me.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »

are you a Jew?  or do you just have a Jew-fetish?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »

are you a Jew?  or do you just have a Jew-fetish?
No, but I'm very much a philo-Semite.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 08:17:35 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2015, 08:22:17 PM by Thomas from NJ »

Massive HP. She is an absolutely filthy, degenerate, blasphemous harlot who despises Jesus Christ and has made a living off of mocking and denigrating Him; in addition to promoting and encouraging sin amongst the populace (which is all Hollywood ever does). The American entertainment industry is an abomination, and nobody should allow their children to consume what it produces.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Hellivision/comedians.htm
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 08:20:01 PM »

Massive HP. She is an absolutely filthy, degenerate, blasphemous harlot who despises Jesus Christ and has made a living off of mocking and denigrating Him; in addition to promoting and encouraging sin amongst the populace (which is all Hollywood ever does). Hollywood is an abomination. If I ever have kids, I will encourage them not to consume Hollywood products.

She's Jewish, you know.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 09:47:41 PM »

Massive HP. She is an absolutely filthy, degenerate, blasphemous harlot who despises Jesus Christ and has made a living off of mocking and denigrating Him; in addition to promoting and encouraging sin amongst the populace (which is all Hollywood ever does). The American entertainment industry is an abomination, and nobody should allow their children to consume what it produces.

I voted HP, but after reading this ridiculous joke of a post, I have to defend a fellow Tribe member.

#SilvermanIsBetterThenU
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 01:17:10 AM »

She's a pretty good comedian.

Some of her politics are naive but they come from the right place. She sometimes relies on vulgarity a little too much (it's not offensive to me, just lazy) but not as much as her critics allege.

FF.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 01:50:35 AM »

FF for encouraging sin amongst the populace.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 03:41:35 PM »

What is this I don't even
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 04:30:47 PM »

Obvious and clear FF.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »

I voted HP, but after reading this ridiculous joke of a post, I have to defend a fellow Tribe member.

#SilvermanIsBetterThenU

I will say that the idea of "Jesus is Magic" or the idea that Jesus had sex as an adult are ideas that rise to the level of Heresy in the Christian Faith.

The whole basis for Christianity is the belief that Christ was the one true sacrifice acceptable to God for the remission of sin.  I understand that the Jewish religion rejects this, but it IS, after all, the whole basis of Christianity; Christ as the only acceptable Sacrifice; Our Savior and Lord.  As such, He faced sexual temptation in His Human lifetime without committing sin.

Likewise, her "Jesus is Magic" presentation is a heresy; either Jesus is real, or He is not.  If He is not the Son of the Living God, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and everything else He said he was, than He is either a World-Class Fraud, or a World-Class Lunatic.  Go to any psychiatiric hospital and you'll find someone there suffering religious delusions; if Jesus  is not whom He said He is, perhaps He was one of those.

Magic, however, is not of God.  (Not illusionist magic like stuff in Las Vegas; the occultic practices.)  It is something that is specifically forbidden, Scripturally.  The idea that Jesus is Magic is irreverant at best and heresy at worst.  

I understand that some may consider MY views as heresy.  That's OK; I respect that.  There ARE things in this life that have Eternal Significance.  As for Sarah Silverman, it may be all an act, but I'm not a fan of what I see and hear.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »

#SilvermanIsBetterThenU

I will say that the idea of "Jesus is Magic" or the idea that Jesus had sex as an adult are ideas that rise to the level of Heresy in the Christian Faith.

The whole basis for Christianity is the belief that Christ was the one true sacrifice acceptable to God for the remission of sin.  I understand that the Jewish religion rejects this, but it IS, after all, the whole basis of Christianity; Christ as the only acceptable Sacrifice; Our Savior and Lord.  As such, He faced sexual temptation in His Human lifetime without committing sin.

Likewise, her "Jesus is Magic" presentation is a heresy; either Jesus is real, or He is not.  If He is not the Son of the Living God, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and everything else He said he was, than He is either a World-Class Fraud, or a World-Class Lunatic.  Go to any psychiatiric hospital and you'll find someone there suffering religious delusions; if Jesus  is not whom He said He is, perhaps He was one of those.

Magic, however, is not of God.  (Not illusionist magic like stuff in Las Vegas; the occultic practices.)  It is something that is specifically forbidden, Scripturally.  The idea that Jesus is Magic is irreverant at best and heresy at worst.  

I understand that some may consider MY views as heresy.  That's OK; I respect that.  There ARE things in this life that have Eternal Significance.  As for Sarah Silverman, it may be all an act, but I'm not a fan of what I see and hear.

I still don't get what the text you just wrote has to do with anything, or what Sunrise wrote. Yes; Silverman is heretic to you. So am I, as an atheist. Am I an absolutely filthy and degenerate? Why does that make anything Thomas wrote, and ESPECIALLY what he linked, legitimate? I'd do the same as Sunrise, by the way- if a far-leftist attacked a right-wing comedian with antisemitic slurs, I'd rush to defend that comedian because this is an issue that transcends ideology or, indeed, religious beliefs. You're usually a respectful poster, please don't try to legitimize or ignore antisemitism by going around it.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2018, 04:21:20 PM »

Love!
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 09:54:58 PM »

It’s funny that she is from New Hampshire which doesn’t have a large Jewish population.

Heather Ross, who I am supporting against my congressman David Schweikert, also happens to be Jewish.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2018, 11:47:38 PM »

It’s funny that she is from New Hampshire which doesn’t have a large Jewish population.

Heather Ross, who I am supporting against my congressman David Schweikert, also happens to be Jewish.

You can find Jews in the darnedest places.    FF.  LoL at Fuzzy digging up a 3 year old thread for a random diatribe.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 03:30:02 PM »

HP for her statement at the 2016 DNC.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies