FL-Gov: Rubio for governor in 2018? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:42:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Gov: Rubio for governor in 2018? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Gov: Rubio for governor in 2018?  (Read 9017 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 26, 2015, 09:24:08 PM »

So,
Rick Scott is running for senate in 2018, and we will have a messy republican primary for FL governor? Cheesy
I highly doubt Scott will run in 2018; Florida GOP politics are planned out, as SJoyce noted, and I just don't see how Scott running for Senate would fit in with those plans.

I think Scott has a really high opinion of himself (Rumors of him looking at the Presidential race support this), and might just for Senate in 2018 regardless of what the Florida GOP wants.

It'd be funny if Scott ran for Senate and Bill Nelson ran for Governor. Probably the only way that Scott even gets that seat.

Scott's agenda is to eliminate taxes of all kinds in FL to benefit his own business interests.  He knows that if he runs for President, his record at Columbia HCA, where he presided over a record-breaking Medicare fraud, will all be rehashed, and he'll be toast.

I don't care for Scott at all, but he was re-elected because he kept his campaign simple.  Jobs, jobs, jobs, with some basis to back up his claims.  He won't be able to keep it that simple on a national stage, but he's the Ayatollah of Message Discipline on the campaign trail.  He's always preferred an obvious and extreme lack of candor to making a gaffe or an embarrassing disclosure, and it's been working for him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies