AZ-PPP: McCain in big trouble in primary.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:57:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ-PPP: McCain in big trouble in primary.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AZ-PPP: McCain in big trouble in primary.  (Read 7438 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 05:37:21 PM »
« edited: May 05, 2015, 07:07:59 PM by yeah_93 »

+4 approval among Hispanics but -15 approval among Whites? What is this?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 07:04:37 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2015, 08:16:03 PM by pbrower2a »

My safe prediction: we are going to see far more polls involving Arizona.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 07:14:40 PM »

I'm still standing by John McCain. All of his potential primary challengers are useless.

Maybe. But there is no one more useless in Washington than the whiny perpetually bitter John McCain. God I hope he loses, primary or otherwise. I'd be okay with Senator Richard Carmona or Senator Fred Duval (surprising he is the closest, though he did seem to run an able if silent campaign for Governor) if it meant no more McCain.

Carmona/Duval are not going to defeat McCain. Sorry, but not happening. Sinema or Kirkpatrick might though....

Carmona and Duval were both closer though...

Duval totally bungled last year's governor's race, and seeing as Carmona couldn't win in an open seat in a democratic wave, it's difficult to see him beating McCain. I could see it happen with him before Duval though.

Sinema won by double digits in her basically even district last year, and Kirkpatrick won fairly comfortably when literally everyone predicted her defeat. Seems like pretty good electability records to me.

2012 was not a "Democratic Wave" year and Carmona only lost by 3%.

It was a Democratic wave, though.

Carmona outperformed Obama despite Flake being a better fit for the state than Romney was.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2015, 08:06:38 PM »

My interpretation of all of this, is that McCain has little to worry about it. He will whip them all - easily.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »

My interpretation of all of this, is that McCain has little to worry about it. He will whip them all - easily.

This post makes no sense.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 09:16:24 PM »

McCain 2016 = McConnell 2014
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2015, 01:14:27 AM »

Matt Bevin was never as close as Kelli Ward is.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2015, 06:59:38 PM »

Matt Bevin was never as close as Kelli Ward is.

And yet the end result will be the same. McCain scoots past the primary after failing to attract a strong opponent, then proceeds to win a close yet uncompetitive race against whoever the Democrats land.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 05:46:59 PM »

The Dems are advised to invest heavily in IL; CO; NH; WI, and Pa. That is the 272 frewal.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 09:13:04 PM »

I'm still standing by John McCain. All of his potential primary challengers are useless.

Maybe. But there is no one more useless in Washington than the whiny perpetually bitter John McCain. God I hope he loses, primary or otherwise. I'd be okay with Senator Richard Carmona or Senator Fred Duval (surprising he is the closest, though he did seem to run an able if silent campaign for Governor) if it meant no more McCain.

Carmona/Duval are not going to defeat McCain. Sorry, but not happening. Sinema or Kirkpatrick might though....

Duval totally bungled last year's governor's race, and seeing as Carmona couldn't win in an open seat in a democratic wave, it's difficult to see him beating McCain. I could see it happen with him before Duval though.

Sinema won by double digits in her basically even district last year, and Kirkpatrick won fairly comfortably when literally everyone predicted her defeat. Seems like pretty good electability records to me.

How?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 09:58:34 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2015, 10:02:40 PM by Wulfric »

How

While it was not a democratic wave in the house, it was a democratic wave elsewhere.

Obama swept 8 of the 9 main swing states, including in Florida where nearly everyone predicted his defeat, and almost won North Carolina.

In the Senate, democrats defeated a popular former governor in WI, won in ND and MT where they were supposed to be dead meat, defeated one of the best NM republicans by more than 5 points, won PA by 9 with hardly any campaigning, won FL by 12 against what was supposed to be a strong candidate, and won CT by 12 with an extremely liberal nominee against someone who appeared strong early on. The only possibly winnable race that they lost was in AZ, and even there they only lost by 3.

Among governors' races, they held WA and MT despite great candidates on the other side, they almost won in deeply conservative Indiana, Shumlin got what is so far his only comfortable victory in VT, Hassan won NH by double digits despite polls showing a (somewhat) close race, Nixon was easily reelected in MO, and Tomblin held on fairly comfortably in WV. The only gubernatorial disappointment was in NC - everywhere else, democrats either met or beat expectations.

Sure, it's not as big as 2010 or 2014 were for the republicans, but still a wave.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 10:20:13 PM »

You forgot the disappointment in Indiana.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 11:28:17 PM »

You forgot the disappointment in Indiana.

Since they did come pretty close there, I don't really consider it much of a disappointment given how conservative the state is. Gregg/Ritz will have an uphill climb in 2016 - even with the religious freedom incident, it remains a Likely R race.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 11:37:33 PM »

I would contend that 2012 wasn't a Dem wave, but that many of the Republican candidates were genuinely bad candidates (terrible campaigners, frequent gaffers, etc), and presidential turnout did the rest. I wouldn't say it was a Dem wave at all.

Like Tommy Thompson in WI, he used to be a great candidate, but for whatever reason, he turned out to be a terrible one in 2012. And I don't think it was a wave that beat him. It was himself.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »

I would contend that 2012 wasn't a Dem wave, but that many of the Republican candidates were genuinely bad candidates (terrible campaigners, frequent gaffers, etc), and presidential turnout did the rest. I wouldn't say it was a Dem wave at all.

Like Tommy Thompson in WI, he used to be a great candidate, but for whatever reason, he turned out to be a terrible one in 2012. And I don't think it was a wave that beat him. It was himself.

He had health problems (a heart attack or something) shortly before the election.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2015, 11:16:09 AM »

New Poll: Arizona Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2015-05-03

Summary: D: 36%, R: 42%, U: 22%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: