Who do you think will win the Kentucky GOP Primary and the Jax mayoral race?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:12:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who do you think will win the Kentucky GOP Primary and the Jax mayoral race?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: long title
GOP: Bevin

GOP: Comer

GOP: Heiner

Jacksonville: Brown (D)

Jacksonville: Curry (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Who do you think will win the Kentucky GOP Primary and the Jax mayoral race?  (Read 1164 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »
« edited: May 16, 2015, 01:44:41 PM by Governor Flo »

Bevin and Brown
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »

Bevin will hopefully win the Kentucky primary.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 02:03:36 PM »

Yep.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:56:18 PM »

+1
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 05:55:32 PM »

I don't know which nominee would be best for KY Dems, a beaten and bloodied Comer, an equally beaten and bloodied Heiner (who, like Conway, is from Louisville, which would blunt one Republican attack), or an ultra-Tea partier Bevin. No matter who wins that primary though, the real winner is Jack Conway and the Kentucky Democratic Party.

As for Jacksonville, I suspect Brown narrowly prevails thanks to the endorsement of the 3rd place finisher in the race, who was a moderate Repub.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 07:48:56 PM »

I don't know which nominee would be best for KY Dems, a beaten and bloodied Comer, an equally beaten and bloodied Heiner (who, like Conway, is from Louisville, which would blunt one Republican attack), or an ultra-Tea partier Bevin. No matter who wins that primary though, the real winner is Jack Conway and the Kentucky Democratic Party.

As for Jacksonville, I suspect Brown narrowly prevails thanks to the endorsement of the 3rd place finisher in the race, who was a moderate Repub.

Is Bevin really an ULTRA-Tea Partier though? I suspect Bevin is underrated as a politico. But yes, Conway is in a better position than I've ever seen him. He may actually win.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 07:51:28 PM »

Is Bevin really an ULTRA-Tea Partier though?

Yes. He is.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »

Bevin is a lunatic.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »

Is Bevin really an ULTRA-Tea Partier though? I suspect Bevin is underrated as a politico. But yes, Conway is in a better position than I've ever seen him. He may actually win.

Yes, he really is an ultra-tea partier Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 09:07:43 PM »

Well to you guys every tea partier is an ultra tea partier. Within the spectrum of the "tea party", which, again, is a worthless discussion, Bevin seems rather neutral. He definitely seems like a snake oil salesman - if he were in an area that needed him to be a moderate, he would be a moderate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »

Well to you guys every tea partier is an ultra tea partier. Within the spectrum of the "tea party", which, again, is a worthless discussion, Bevin seems rather neutral. He definitely seems like a snake oil salesman - if he were in an area that needed him to be a moderate, he would be a moderate.

Fair enough
mds32
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 09:18:57 PM »

Heiner and Curry. I think Jacksonville is too Republican in the end and I think Louisville and the outlining counties should carry the day for Heiner.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 09:30:33 PM »

Now I'll say this about the Jacksonville race, and it may not really apply, but here's what happened in Tulsa - There were two major Republican candidates, but the top two was Democrat Kathy Taylor and Republican Dewey Bartlett. The second Republican, Bill Christensen, endorsed Taylor. She still lost by over 10 points. Now this is a different situation, Bartlett was the incumbent, but this is a reminder that just because the moderate Republican endorses the Democrat, doesn't mean that the Democrat will win.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 11:22:39 PM »

Hope Lenny Curry wins!!! But the early voting doesn't look good in JAX.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies