Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be put to death for the Boston Massacre? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:12:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be put to death for the Boston Massacre? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Tsarnaev get capital punishment for the Boston Massacre
Capital Punishment
Life in Prison (No Parole)
Life in Prison (Parole)
Capital Punishment - Lethal Injection
Capital Punishment - Gas Chamber
Capital Punishment - Electric Chair
Capital Punishment - Firing Squad
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be put to death for the Boston Massacre?  (Read 8883 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: April 17, 2015, 01:25:01 AM »

Life imprisonment, because the class that runs the state has no moral authority to put anyone to death
Well, your class has no moral authority either.  And your classless ideal precludes moral authority to put anyone to death.

So why word it the way you did, self anointed Saint Just?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 01:09:56 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2015, 01:11:49 AM by Snowguy716 »

Life in Prison (Parole)

I am beginning to think both capital punishment and life without parole are immoral.
I agree.  The real loonies can be in looney bins with adequate creature comforts.  The rest are rehabilitated.  

I just think a "life" sentence should be 21 years.  Then off to looneytown or home.  But even that doesn't work.  MN has done the looneytown approach with sex offenders who are deemed extra super dangerous by whichever judge is up for election soon and a prosecutor implored by a concerned mother...and now hundreds of men and one woman are serving de facto life sentences being treated by 'experts' who have never graduated one 'client' in 20 years... All this despite having served their full sentence in prison.  If that's not literal psychological torture, then I don't know what is.

So really we need to have a merciful max sentence or just kill them.  I go for the former.  Freedom and maintaining rights is messy and potentially dangerous.

The other side of the Reagan coin that was never quipped..

"Hi.  I'm from the government, and I'm here to protect you!"
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »

Life without parole.

There must be no sign of softness against terrorists, who are willing to kill many innocents.

The mere chance that this guy is released after 20 years and plots again and kills again is simply too high a risk.

Better lock them up for good.
Use the plight of the poor with undeveloped economies as an excuse to punish our prisoners more harshly...while advocating policies that keep the undeveloped economies undeveloped and poor.

In the words of George Carlin:  it's all bullsh**t, folks.  All of it.  And it's bad for you.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:43:35 PM »

He wants to be a martyr, so no, let him rot.

if that were true, why did he allow a Western, anti-death penalty legal all-star team to represent him?  he clearly prefers to continue to live.
Dead0man wants to be a martyr...so no, let him rot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies