"Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:41:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey!  (Read 37417 times)
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2003, 11:47:43 PM »

1. Randy
2. Pittsburgh, PA
3. Dem
4. FDR (Lincoln is a close 2nd)
5. Gandhi
6. Got interested in politics because my grandfather was an alderman in Pittsburgh.  Interest grew in the 90's as I became disillusioned with the dirty pool of the political system.
7. Randomly from yahoo while looking for some election data.
8. For the most part people on here maintain a pleasant tone while debating issues.
9. Too numerous to list.  Here are 3 of them: skiing, chess, and opera.
10. Casablanca
11. 32 Flavors by Ani DiFranco (this changes daily)
12. Nope, thanks for asking.
We have two things in common Fresh: Casablanca and Chess!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2003, 12:08:55 PM »

Okay, thanks Realpolitik, or Al.  Smiley
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2003, 01:01:52 AM »

1. Randy
2. Pittsburgh, PA
3. Dem
4. FDR (Lincoln is a close 2nd)
5. Gandhi
6. Got interested in politics because my grandfather was an alderman in Pittsburgh.  Interest grew in the 90's as I became disillusioned with the dirty pool of the political system.
7. Randomly from yahoo while looking for some election data.
8. For the most part people on here maintain a pleasant tone while debating issues.
9. Too numerous to list.  Here are 3 of them: skiing, chess, and opera.
10. Casablanca
11. 32 Flavors by Ani DiFranco (this changes daily)
12. Nope, thanks for asking.
We have two things in common Fresh: Casablanca and Chess!

Don't you mean Wakie? Wink
Oh, yeah, sorry.
M

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2003, 12:39:52 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2003, 12:48:12 PM by M »

1. Reuben
2. Houston, TX
3. Republican
4. George Washington
5. Winston Churchill
6. From my dad. He grew up in SC and was th first Republican in his family ever. He still has a "help uncle Strom elect Nixon" bumpersticker in the attic.
As for a specific event, probably the Oslo War (begen Rosh Hashana, in September, 2000, ongoing.)
7. From a friend about a year ago. I looked at some maps, thought "neat!" and left. I just recently stumbled on this site again and found the forum.
8. I really like the primary maps, and hope more come out soon.
9. Any PC games with the Europa Universalis engine, other favorite games are FF7 and Ocarina of Time. Also Red Alert 2. Reading politics and Fantasy (I've just rediscovered Tolkien for obvious reasons, first read the hobbit at 7 and LOTR at 10, Silmarillion at 12. Hated Silmarillion. Chris Tolkien can't write.)
10. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, tied with Spaceballs
11. Battle Cry of Freedom (George F. Root), tied with Swanee River (Stephen Collins Foster)
12. I'm a llama!
Also, I notice most people here are much older than me- I'm 17 and a senior in high school.
Demrepdan

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2003, 08:22:15 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2003, 08:26:08 PM by Demrepdan »

Also, I notice most people here are much older than me- I'm 17 and a senior in high school.

I'm not much older than you, M. I'm only 20, a college student. Remember, it's always good to be young and politically active. Having said that, there should be MORE young people at this forum, because most of the members of this forum are old fogeys who voted in every election since 1860. Many of them make Strom Thurmond look like a toddler. (Just kidding, of course) Wink
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2003, 08:45:07 PM »

1. Reuben
2. Houston, TX
3. Republican
4. George Washington
5. Winston Churchill
6. From my dad. He grew up in SC and was th first Republican in his family ever. He still has a "help uncle Strom elect Nixon" bumpersticker in the attic.
As for a specific event, probably the Oslo War (begen Rosh Hashana, in September, 2000, ongoing.)
7. From a friend about a year ago. I looked at some maps, thought "neat!" and left. I just recently stumbled on this site again and found the forum.
9. Any PC games with the Europa Universalis engine, other favorite games are FF7 and Ocarina of Time. Also Red Alert 2. Reading politics and Fantasy (I've just rediscovered Tolkien for obvious reasons, first read the hobbit at 7 and LOTR at 10, Silmarillion at 12. Hated Silmarillion. Chris Tolkien can't write.)
11. Battle Cry of Freedom (George F. Root), tied with Swanee River (Stephen Collins Foster)
12. I'm a llama!
but, that's so cool that you're young. I am a conservative democrat myself. So, welcome to the forum. I got interested in politics at the age of 4. Been gung ho ever since.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2003, 04:54:05 AM »

1. What's your name? Eric
2. Where do you live? Marquette, MI
3. What's your political affiliation (Rep, Dem, Ind)? Democrat
4. Who's your favourite President of all-time? Franklin Roosevelt
5. Who's your favourite international leader of all-time? Jean Chretien
6. How did you get interested in politics? From my father, I remember watching the debates with him in 1984 at age 5 and I was hooked.
7. How did you discover this forum? I was an avid reader of Dave's site when the original forum was first created. I originally found the site through Google.
8. What do you like most about it? Intellectual interactions with intelligent people.
9. What are your other interests, apart from politics? Sports, especially soccer, ice hockey, and american football, reading, the outdoors, 80s music (especially New Wave), the Dave Matthews Band, Seinfeld, computer adventure games, interactive fiction, spending time with and talking to my best friends and girlfriend.
10. What's your favourite movie? Hmm, hard one. I love the Matrix and Lord of the Rings series among current stuff. Also like a lot of old classics.
11. What's your favourite song? Again, impossible to pick one. Just about anything by the Dave Matthews Band or the Police could be near the top, although I love the classic bands too like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2003, 05:59:43 AM »

I'm not much older than you, M. I'm only 20, a college student. Remember, it's always good to be young and politically active. Having said that, there should be MORE young people at this forum, because most of the members of this forum are old fogeys who voted in every election since 1860. Many of them make Strom Thurmond look like a toddler. (Just kidding, of course) Wink

I'm sixteen, so I beat all of you!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2003, 06:02:52 AM »

1. Reuben
2. Houston, TX
3. Republican
4. George Washington
5. Winston Churchill
12. I'm a llama!

We have scary similarities. I also love Europa Universalis, fantasy, Monty Python and Mel Brooks. Heard Battle Cry of Freedom in connection with playing Battleground-games. I wouldn't call it my favourite, but I definitely liked it. I played Red Alert I but never got around to buying number II.

Still, nice to have someone around with a similar profile!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2003, 07:53:40 AM »

I'm under 20 but that's all I'm saying!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2003, 10:03:17 AM »

Age[years]: Under 20
Age[cynicism]: 125
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2003, 11:18:17 AM »

I'm only 22, so this is a very statistically young board.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2003, 11:27:57 AM »

Typically I feel young at 26 ... but here I feel like an old man.  I'm about ready to start asking what people do for a living (I'm an independent IT consultant and I own a small business on the side).
M

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2003, 12:51:26 PM »

1. Reuben
2. Houston, TX
3. Republican
4. George Washington
5. Winston Churchill
12. I'm a llama!

We have scary similarities. I also love Europa Universalis, fantasy, Monty Python and Mel Brooks. Heard Battle Cry of Freedom in connection with playing Battleground-games. I wouldn't call it my favourite, but I definitely liked it. I played Red Alert I but never got around to buying number II.

That is cool! Just got Vicky last night, haven't quite figured out the basics yet. Do you use the paradox forum? If so, what is your username?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2003, 01:19:28 PM »

I'm 37.  I feel ancient.  Smiley
I think jmfcst is around my age (he has said he is married and works, etc.) but I doubt we will ever know his age.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2003, 01:40:32 PM »

1. Reuben
2. Houston, TX
3. Republican
4. George Washington
5. Winston Churchill
12. I'm a llama!

That is cool! Just got Vicky last night, haven't quite figured out the basics yet. Do you use the paradox forum? If so, what is your username?

I'm on the Paradox Forums every once in a blue moon.  I avidly posted there for awhile, but stopped.  I like this one more, not as many people post, it feels more like a tight nit community.
Yes, we are a tightly knit community.  Many of us know eachother well from the old forum.  
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2003, 02:29:21 PM »

1. Reuben
2. Houston, TX
3. Republican
4. George Washington
5. Winston Churchill
12. I'm a llama!

No I don't, but probably will now! I love the historically contradicting things you can do, so I am constantly trying to get somewhere with the aztecs or China. Feel free to mail me about the forum.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2003, 03:51:40 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2003, 04:22:59 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

9. Any PC games with the Europa Universalis engine, other favorite games are FF7 and Ocarina of Time.

FF7 is easily my favourite game of all-time! Smiley Probably the first game which really blew me away. Ah, memories...

I'm 24, which is probably the average age around here... I'm surprised Realpolitik and M are under 20.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2003, 04:34:24 PM »

Sorry, would have done this sooner if not for my long absence.

1. Chris
2. Reynoldsville, PA  (I go to school in Erie, PA so I spend most of the year up there, but I'm originally from Reynoldsville and I don't plan to move back after school, I might stay in Erie, but I'm thinking of moving south to Virginia or North Carolina)
3. Republican
4. Reagan
5. Churchill
6. I just sorta did.  My family is Republican on one side and Democrat on the other.  The Democrat side turned me off.
7. Hmmm.  Discovered the atlas first, about a year ago.  Discovered the forum a month and a half ago.
8. Don't have many friends who are political (even though I'm a Poli Sci major, so go figure).  So I like to discuss subjects and get others oppinions.
9. History, Reading, Writing (mainly political thrillers and counter-factual stories, nothing published) Baseball and Football.
10. Lord of the Rings (all three)
      Saving Private Ryan
      Gettysburg
      Patton
11. Don't know, really.
12. Nothing really.  You can ask if you want to know.

P.S.  This reminds me of a dating website LOL
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2003, 04:41:06 PM »

9. Any PC games with the Europa Universalis engine, other favorite games are FF7 and Ocarina of Time.

FF7 is easily my favourite game of all-time! Smiley Probably the first game which really blew me away. Ah, memories...

I'm 24, which is probably the average age around here... I'm surprised Realpolitik and M are under 20.
I'm very surprised Realpolitik is under 20.  He acts like a middle-aged man who has seen the world...
jravnsbo

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2003, 04:50:24 PM »

somewhere I put my education historya nd background--attorney here.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2003, 04:53:17 PM »

somewhere I put my education historya nd background--attorney here.
HUH?
jravnsbo

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2003, 05:03:40 PM »

some were talking about their backgrounds and so I said I put my educationa nd background somewhere in my postings, but simply here that I was an attorney.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2003, 05:23:43 PM »

some were talking about their backgrounds and so I said I put my educationa nd background somewhere in my postings, but simply here that I was an attorney.
Where do you get so much time to post if you are an attorney?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2003, 05:31:18 PM »

I'm very surprised Realpolitik is under 20.  He acts like a middle-aged man who has seen the world...

I know...  worrying isn't it... see I come from a very cynical family...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies