Deactivating account possible?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  Talk Elections Q & A
  How To (Moderator: Virginiá)
  Deactivating account possible?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Deactivating account possible?  (Read 2196 times)
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2015, 05:17:49 AM »

Is there an option to temporarily deactivate ones own account (like on Facebook) in such a way that all messages and all gallery pictures disappear and so that other users can't look at the disabled account nor PM it?

I'm fed up with being called a creep, and now some users even accuse me of harassing others. It sucks, and as it doesn't stop I want to take time out.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 06:02:44 AM »

Sad
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »

If you don't want to be considered a creep then don't make your sig a pic of a grieving widow from a disaster that you posted obsessively about, and that's not even mentioning the whole Landrieu ordeal.

Also, I don't get the point of making posts and even your sig into a whole thing about you leaving the forum. Polls did this a couple times and it is just kind of odd attention seeking behavior.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »

If you don't want to be considered a creep then don't make your sig a pic of a grieving widow from a disaster that you posted obsessively about, and that's not even mentioning the whole Landrieu ordeal.

Also, I don't get the point of making posts and even your sig into a whole thing about you leaving the forum. Polls did this a couple times and it is just kind of odd attention seeking behavior.

It's not about me being called a creep. (I've become inured to it.)
It's about other users insulting me, attacking me, criticizing me without any reason, telling me to kill myself. And a second (!) moderator (!) has begun to play along with the bullying.

I wish there were both a disabling option and an ignoring option like on Facebook.

PS: I always thought you and PPP were one and the same person...
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:56:07 PM »

It's not about me being called a creep. (I've become inured to it.)
It's about other users insulting me, attacking me, criticizing me without any reason, telling me to kill myself. And a second (!) moderator (!) has begun to play along with the bullying.

I wish there were both a disabling option and an ignoring option like on Facebook.

PS: I always thought you and PPP were one and the same person...

Did anyone actually tell you to kill yourself? Or did they just tell you to stop making threads about yourself?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »

Well considering you literally made a fantasy about killing and mutilating people on the Internet who called you a creep, you probably are one.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:11:06 AM »

Well considering you literally made a fantasy about killing and mutilating people on the Internet who called you a creep, you probably are one.

...wtf

Yeah. You're apparently in it too.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 12:26:42 AM »

If you want to not receive PMs from certain people, you can block them under your profile settings by going to "Personal Message Options."  If you want your gallery images to disappear, you can delete them. If there are any posts you made you don't want people to see any more, you can delete those too.   If a poster is harassing you, report them. If a moderator is harassing you contact Nym or one of the nicer moderators.  If you don't want to be here anymore, log out and don't log back in. How is that?
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 06:38:58 AM »

If you want to not receive PMs from certain people, you can block them under your profile settings by going to "Personal Message Options."  If you want your gallery images to disappear, you can delete them. If there are any posts you made you don't want people to see any more, you can delete those too.   If a poster is harassing you, report them. If a moderator is harassing you contact Nym or one of the nicer moderators.  If you don't want to be here anymore, log out and don't log back in. How is that?

Shua, please don't act like you don't understand my intentions.
The Facebook options on blocking people is exemplary; if I write a comment or start a thread, respectively, I don't want some certain users to even know I've written it so that they can't comment on it. The ignoring option (which I also know from other forums) is completely futile. And you do know that!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 08:49:58 AM »

Shua, please don't act like you don't understand my intentions.
The Facebook options on blocking people is exemplary; if I write a comment or start a thread, respectively, I don't want some certain users to even know I've written it so that they can't comment on it. The ignoring option (which I also know from other forums) is completely futile. And you do know that!

This is an open forum not a social media website, so no, that isn't possible to only allow some people to see what you've written.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies