Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:16:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 62951 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 02:09:28 PM »

Surprised no one has covered a heated House race between me a Keystone Phil.

Ooh, that would be a good one!  My suggestion is that Flyers and Phil are both incumbent congressmen who have been redistricted into the same district.  Phil drew national attention to this contest, because of his almost successful primary challenge against the RINO PA senator. Wink + Tongue
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 02:16:36 PM »

almost successful primary challenge against the RINO PA senator. Wink + Tongue
Bullmoose!

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 02:17:54 PM »

Ooh, that would be a good one!  My suggestion is that Flyers and Phil are both incumbent congressmen who have been redistricted into the same district.  Phil drew national attention to this contest, because of his almost successful primary challenge against the RINO PA senator. Wink + Tongue

I would love to see this but with Akno running it, I think we know who will win.  Tongue

As for my attempt to unseat that RINO, I came so close that there was actually a recount and there are rumors that the Senator stole the election!  Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 02:59:01 PM »

I would love to see this but with Akno running it, I think we know who will win.  Tongue

As for my attempt to unseat that RINO, I came so close that there was actually a recount and there are rumors that the Senator stole the election!  Wink

Say I live in PA 13 and you and bullmoose live in PA 8 and we somehow got combined.  I doubt that will ever come to fruition considering Montgomery and Bucks Counties are growng fast.  If anything PA 1 and 2 may combine or have to expand their boundaries significantly.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 10:18:44 PM »

Darn you Archcow!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2005, 12:14:36 PM »

I normally wouldn't whine, but a metion would be nice.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2005, 03:55:15 PM »

Here's my order of stories as of now.

1. Boss Tweed (partially done)
2. A very interesting PA Senate race (Remember, it's still 2030)
3. Supersoulty (As Governor of PA, unless you have a strong objection)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2005, 03:56:56 PM »

Who are the candidates?  Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2005, 06:17:52 PM »

Mayoral Madness
By Samantha Wineman, The New Yorker

NEW YORK, New York- The Big Apple hasn’t seen a mayor like Boss Tweed since, well, Boss Tweed. Easily the most influential mayor since Rudy Giuliani, Tweed has consolidated, and used, his power. Born in New York, Tweed spent his childhood pulling for the Mets and Jets, before heading off to the University of Miami. However, he couldn’t stay in South Beach forever. “I’m a New Yorker,” he says in the famous New York accent. Upon returning to New York, he rose rapidly in the state Democratic party, and was the executioner of a plan to bring the state senate back to Democratic control in 2016. It succeeded, and despite his young age, he became the chairman of the state Democratic party in 2017.

“That was a huge transition for me,” Tweed told The New Yorker “I had to lead.” Lead he did, and despite being a moderate himself, he drew headlines in July of 2018 when he threatened to revoke the party status of a state senator who said he would accept a job in the administration of a Republican Governor. The Democrat won, and Tweed’s power grew even more. In 2021, the Democratic National Committee made him their chairman.

It was potentially a career ending decision for Tweed, to accept the role. His heavy handed ways did not go over well at all in Washington DC. Scaring off donors, alienating voters, and ultimately losing control of the Senate, Tweed resigned after the 2022 election. It seemed as if his career was over. But in 2024, he announced that he would seek the position of Mayor. Many skeptics thought he was too moderate to get the Democratic nomination, but he shocked them all, winning in a divisive primary with only 33% of the vote. However, he unified the base, and won the general election 58-29, surviving a third party challenge.

Everything goes through Tweed these days. Every decision, he has a say in it. And don’t dare argue, or he’ll pull a pink slip out from a drawer, and hand it over. However, he is still very popular among both constituents and government officials, for his ruthless efficiency, and focus on achievement. He’s not on anyone’s side, even his most bitter enemies agree he would never give a job to an unqualified person simply because he had a good relationship with that person.

Easily re-elected in 2029, Tweed’s opponents were virtually powerless. They are angry that Tweed controls so much. He is major of the country’s largest city, he runs the state Democratic party, he has many legislators in his back pocket thanks to favors he’s done for them; he’s become the 21st century symbol of Tammany Hall arrogance and corrupt behavior. His critics may soon may have to add something else to that list: President of the United States.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2005, 03:28:04 AM »

Hmm, I wonder if there will be an Idaho Senate or House battle between me and Mr. Fresh. Smiley
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2005, 03:44:11 PM »

Hmm, I wonder if there will be an Idaho Senate or House battle between me and Mr. Fresh. Smiley

There should be... Of course Mr. Fresh will win then he'll retire and you'll take his seat. That'd be good.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2005, 11:46:56 AM »

Who are the candidates?  Smiley

When you two retire to run for Senate, I'll take the PA-13 seat.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2005, 09:57:42 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2005, 10:13:55 PM by Akno21 »

Late Entrant into Senate race
By Molly Drew, Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania- It seemed likely that Senator Patrick Guinan would get re-elected easily. The latest poll showed him having a 52% to 44% lead over his Republican opponent, Rep. Phil Innamorato. But the race just got a whole lot spicier.

Rep. Bill Moose, of the district next to Innamorato's, entered the Senate race, citing the need for an economic conservative and social liberal. While it eliminates any chance Innamorato doing better than an average Republican in the southeast, it creates many more problems for Guinan. Innamorato's base in the west is still unaffected, and he is the only socially conservative candidate in the race. However, Moose can cut into Guinan's strength in the Philadelphia suburbs.

Moose is being funded by the Libertarian party, which is not running a candidate. An overnight poll by The Inquirer shows the race is now:

Rep. Phil Innamorato (R) 44%
Sen. Patrick Guinan (D) 40%
Rep. Bill Moose (I) 10%

The race has some national implications, as Guinan has expressed interest in the Presidency, but he would need to survive his re-election first. Rep. Moose will likely be added to the field in the October 24 Debate, to be held on the campus of Penn State University.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2005, 10:06:28 PM »

Looks good but my last name is spelled "Innamorato."  Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2005, 10:14:06 PM »

Looks good but my last name is spelled "Innamorato."  Smiley

Fixed Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2005, 04:10:38 PM »

Hey, when will I factor into this little Future History?
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2005, 10:39:26 PM »

If this is our future, we are all doomed Smiley

(Except with President Leip, of course)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2005, 02:39:37 PM »

It's going ROUGHLY in chronological order of when you became active here, so you've got some time to wait.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2005, 03:58:16 PM »

Governor Enters Presidential Race
By Sam Jones, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania- At a press conference today from the capitol, Governor Chris Soult announced his intentions to run for President. The two term Governor said “We have a lot of work in front of us, but it’s nothing we can’t accomplish with a lot of dedication and a lot of hard work.” Four GOP Senators have already entered the race, but Soult is the first Governor.

Elected Governor in 2022, he is a conservative on social issues, but moderate on economic ones, the Erie Republican won the Governorship in 2026, defeating State Senator Daniel Waxman in a landslide, 57% to 38%.

He has revamped the health care and educational systems in the state, and signed some of the toughest anti-abortion measures in the country. This announcement was not unexpected, as it had been rumored that he would throw his hat in the ring. He currently has a 56% approval rating in the state.

His Lt. Governor, James Jefferson, is running for the top spot, and is expected to win handily. Soult is expected to begin forming his staff within the next few weeks, and will have an advantage, experts say, by being a big-name Governor from a big-name state.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2005, 04:50:51 PM »

Majority Leader Enters Fray
By Julia Evanston, Detroit Free-Press

WASHINGTON, D.C.- Senate Majority Eric Nyman (D-MI) entered the Presidential Race today, confirming to a group of reporters that he will indeed run. The news came as no shock to many observers, who expect him to be a front-runner in the Democratic field. He did make a formal speech, but he has a high national profile, and is known as an economic liberal with some moderate stances on social issues such as gun control.

Elected in 2014 as a successor to the legendary Carl Levin, he was elected Democratic leader in 2025, after the failure of the previous leadership in the Senate. He is 50 years old, and his followers like to say he speaks like a 30 year old but knows as much as a 70 year old.

However, it is unlikely that his entrance will stop his Senate colleagues from jumping in. Many view the 2032 election as their best chance at getting to the Presidency, and the entrance of a superior isn’t going to prevent them from taking their chances. His adversary, Minority Leader Steven Nichols (R-WA) said “I wish Senator Nyman the best of luck. While we have clashed on many issues, he is a man of great integrity, and he, if we both receive our party’s nomination, will be a tough opponent in the general election.”

Senator Nyman is the first Senator or Governor to enter the race on the Democratic side, and faces opposition from DNC Chairman Jim Fritz of Minnesota and Mayor Boss Tweed of New York.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2005, 07:29:05 PM »

I can defeat Jefferson in a governor race Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2005, 07:34:47 PM »

Will the international members feature into this?  I guess they could be from their fantasy-registered states.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2005, 07:36:17 PM »

Will the international members feature into this?  I guess they could be from their fantasy-registered states.

That's what I plan to do.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2005, 06:47:21 PM »

This Governor Chris Verin guy from Minnesota seems like a nice guy Smiley  I wonder whether we'll be hearing more about him...
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2005, 07:45:50 PM »

That's what I plan to do.
Of course, the Arnold Amendment will have been passed by then Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies