Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:15:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 63574 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2005, 11:38:17 AM »

In other news, the hotly contested Pennsylvania Senate race is finally over, now that Rep. Phil Innamorato (R-PA) conceded the election to Sen. Patrick Guinan, saying, “While their were independent voter regularities, I did not find anything big enough that would have affected the outcome.”

Um, this is rather far from what would happen in real life. Tongue

Nobody would have conceded this battle if there were irregularities involved.    The courts would be dealing with it for years.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2005, 01:30:25 PM »

In other news, the hotly contested Pennsylvania Senate race is finally over, now that Rep. Phil Innamorato (R-PA) conceded the election to Sen. Patrick Guinan, saying, “While their were independent voter regularities, I did not find anything big enough that would have affected the outcome.”

Nobody would have conceded this battle if there were irregularities involved.    The courts would be dealing with it for years.

All right, I'll change it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2005, 01:32:40 PM »

I was only kidding!  I was thinking more about the two people involved in particular. Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2005, 01:33:29 PM »

I was only kidding!  I was thinking more about the two people involved in particular. Wink

I see.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2005, 01:53:18 PM »

This COULD theoretically happen.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2005, 04:53:32 PM »

Yeah, and Phil could theoretically support someone who wasn't a Republican, but fat chance of either happening.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2005, 06:05:55 PM »

Former General In the Race
By Julianne Heath, USA Today

SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota- A four-star general who has been in the Army since the War on Terror began at the beginning of the century has entered the race. Recently retired, J. R. Avensbo announced at a Republican party dinner in Sioux Falls that he intends to seek the Presidency in 2032.

“My friends, I have seen war, I have been through dangers unimaginable to many of you. I have learned much from the military, and I will use that knowledge, but not flout the experience, as I run for the nomination of my party in 2032,” Avensbo said. His announcement was met with a round of applause that lasted for over a minute.

Avensbo is respected by both Republicans and Democrats despite being on the right-wing of the Republican party. A hawk on foreign policy, he is a traditionalist on social issues, and is believed to be economically conservative, although the extent of his political views are not known since he couldn’t express them while serving our country.

He is the first veteran to enter the race, and his entrance was met with extra respect by the other Republican candidates, Governor Chris Soult, Senator Steven Nichols, Senator Jeffrey Rights, Senator Vasco Bono, Senator Dan Reynolds, and Governor Pedro Dawson. Soult and Nichols are considered the front-runners, but it is still over a year until the first primary. It is unclear how Avensbo’s entrance alters the complexion of the race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2005, 08:26:54 PM »

Yeah, and Phil could theoretically support someone who wasn't a Republican, but fat chance of either happening.

Bob Casey for State Treasurer 2004.  Tongue
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2005, 08:30:31 PM »

Joe Hoeffel for Senate 2004 As long as Clymer doesn't run
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2005, 12:56:30 AM »

This is pretty cool.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2005, 05:57:34 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2005, 07:45:01 PM by Akno21 »

New York Senator Announces Run
By Barry Winderman, Cornell Daily Sun

BUFFALO, New York- Senator Kevin Nation, a centrist Democrat from upstate New York announced his intentions to seek the Presidency today. In what is a sign of the limited power of the Senate Majority Leader and Party Chairman, many candidates have entered the race despite Eric Nyman and Jim Fritz having already declared.

"We need to put faith back in the Democratic party, and it cannot be fake. We need to put strength back in our foreign policy, and it must have teeth. We still must never give up our core values. I am a centrist, but I am a Democrat," he said at a Press Conference from his Buffalo home.

Nation was elected to the Senate in 2022, and was re-elected in 2028 despite a tough primary challenge from Smash Johnson, who was definitivly more liberal. He has worked with Republicans on many issues, and his score from the American Liberal Group is just a 67. While he's no Zell Miller, he is a very popular Senator on both sides of the aisle. Whether he's popular nationwide, we'll see.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2005, 11:41:41 PM »

*Bump*

Could you eventually include me somewhere in here? I really enjoy reading these. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2005, 06:57:15 PM »

Bump again.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2005, 07:02:30 PM »

I'll get back to these very soon. I took a hiatus from this recently because school let out and I wanted to take a break from writing, but I'm good to go.

Can someone tell me about Dunn, he's the only remaining person I don't know about.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2005, 07:10:32 PM »

All I know about Dunn is that he was an Israeli, and a Progressive with a green avatar.  I don't know if he was actually from Israel, or an immigrant or what.  According to his Wiki, he was the leader of the Fantasy Progressive Party, and was Nym90's Sec of Defense until May 2004.  He disappeared about the time of the first Civil War.

That's really all I know about him.
M

« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2005, 09:45:11 AM »

Dunn was definitely Israeli, and was a huge TR fan. I believe he started a TL about the same time as Harry's, but of course it ended much sooner.

I'd like to show up, too!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2005, 03:11:55 PM »

Dunn was definitely Israeli, and was a huge TR fan. I believe he started a TL about the same time as Harry's, but of course it ended much sooner.

I'd like to show up, too!

Can you tell me a little about yourself, policywise.

Also, how was Dunn politically?
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2005, 03:25:42 PM »

Hey Akno, don't forget ol' Mr. Hobbes! Wink
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2005, 03:27:02 PM »

And MasterJedi! Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2005, 04:40:25 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2005, 06:50:04 PM by Akno21 »

The New Face of Populism
By Ronnie Dowd, Associated Press

CHARLESTON, West Virginia- For the many observers who have called populism dead, AFL-CIO President Al Realpolitik has replied "over my dead body." At a union rally in Charleston yesterday, shortly before the New Year, Realpolitik demonstrated the vigor that made him a popular left-wing guest on television shows and a fast-riser in the union leadership. His supporters hope he will use that vigor more in the upcoming years.

In an unexpected move, Realpolitik announced that he was seeking the Democratic Nomination for President. "For too long, the burden of society has fallen on those least fit to carry it. Those who needed help were forced to suffer. That must change. It is a fight that has been fought many times. But this time, we need to win," Realpolitik said before making his announcement.

"To win this fight, we need a leader. I am that leader. I am running for the position of United States President."

Realpolitik has gained a record as someone who regards social issues as trivial, and not something that deserves national attention. As far as economic ones, his record is left-wing, and moreso than any other Democrat in the race so far, with the exception of rumored communist, John Lowell Migrendel.

His entrance signifies a larger debate for the Democratic party, which is split in four ways and the primary will show that. Realpolitik represents the populist wing, which is in fierce debate with the libertarian wing, represented by Senator Hugh Bartlett among others, and then the liberal wing despises them both, but often has trouble fielding credible candidates who actually agree with them. Then there is the centrist wing, represented by Senator Kevin Nation and Governor Christopher Michael. At this point, it's hard to tell who will win, but it's easy to say it will be very hard to win.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2005, 06:47:17 PM »

For the many observers who have called populism dead, AFL-CIO President Al Realpolitik has replied "not over my dead body."

It should be noted that the usual form of the idiom is "over my dead body", implying that the person will fight to the death against something.  I suppose "not over my dead body" is an even stronger statement, but it's also kind of an empty one, given that, if you're dead, there isn't much left you can do to prevent the person from doing something.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2005, 06:50:46 PM »

For the many observers who have called populism dead, AFL-CIO President Al Realpolitik has replied "not over my dead body."

It should be noted that the usual form of the idiom is "over my dead body", implying that the person will fight to the death against something.  I suppose "not over my dead body" is an even stronger statement, but it's also kind of an empty one, given that, if you're dead, there isn't much left you can do to prevent the person from doing something.

I knew there was a mistake in there Smiley
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2005, 07:55:41 PM »

His corpse could trip them over... Cheesy
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2005, 08:03:36 PM »

His corpse could trip them over... Cheesy

Hahaha, well, yes, but then the person would literally be going over his dead body, which is completely contrary to the assertion. Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2005, 03:32:21 PM »

POLITICAL NOTES: Lt. Governor in Presidential Race
By Amelia Fisher, FOX Online News Service

HONOLULU, Hawaii- Left wing Lt. Governor Lewis Trondheim of Hawaii has revealed his intentions to run for President, FOX is reporting. The Democrat was elected Lt. Governor in 2022, and has served in that position ever since, although he will no longer be in office as of January 20, since his term will expire. Trondheim raised suspicions that he would seek the Presidency when he declined to run for Governor, despite polls indicating he would defeat any Republican challenger.

On New Years Eve, Trondheim's decision was the major news across the islands. "I fully support his candidacy. It's nice to see someone from Hawaii have national ambitions." said Mikey Akacu, owner of a surf shop in Honolulu. But not everyone was so supportive. "I'd like to see him as Governor first, I don't think Lt. Governor is good enough to become President," said Lynda Loohew, a long-time resident of Maui.

Trondheim's politics are very liberal, and he wasn't even a member of the Democratic party until he registered as such in 2022 in order to run for Lt. Governor. He was a registered Green. Before he went to the Executive Branch, he ran Operation Save, an environmentalist organization committed to helping save Hawaii's natural wonders.

Trondheim is of German descent, which made many question whether he could be elected statewide in Hawaii, but he proved them wrong, as his ticket won with 57 and 59% of the vote in the two elections in which they were on the ballot. Trondheim's approval rating was 61% as of November.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies