"Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:54:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey!  (Read 37391 times)
Kevinstat

« on: April 12, 2004, 10:12:43 PM »

1. What's your name? Kevin Lamoreau
2. Where do you live? Manchester, Maine, USA
3. What's your political affiliation (Rep, Dem, Ind)? Dem
4. Who's your favourite President of all-time? my idealistic side says Woodrow Wilson, my dark side says Bill Clinton and my in-between side says FDR.
5. Who's your favourite international leader of all-time? seriously, Jesus Christ.  non-seriously, Homer Simpson (he was Sanitation Commissioner of Springfield for a little over a month).
6. How did you get interested in politics? in most election years from 1988 (when I was in second grade) on I became a little more interested and my interest lasted for a little longer and started a little earlier until by 2000 I was deeply interested cycle-round.  I began actively studying past election results and Maine election law in 2000, although recently I find I spend more time imagining different scenarios than actively researching.  But I minored in Political Science in college and feel that those courses have given me knowledge to compliment my self-tought political knowledge.  I'm really interested in redistricting and was blessed to live in a state where redistricting happened two years later than most states, so that I could follow redistricting in the rest of the nation first and then follow Maine's redistricting.
7. How did you discover this forum?  I discovered the Atlas from a link from Politics1 sometime in 2001, and first checked out the old forum in late August or early September of that year.
8. What do you like most about it?  At first, the maps were by far the favorite part of this site, and my interest in the forum was largely in the what-if scenarios and weird questions like electoral vote combinations by elector by state from 1789-1800, but now I'm largely interested in the international elections discussion on the forum, although I've noticed that I'm mostly interested in the "European" elections (including and especially Canada; perhaps there's some ethnocentrism going on).
9. What are your other interests, apart from politics? maps (surprise, surprise), making up songs (I don't play an instrument and can't write music, but that doesn't stop me from singing, and sometimes friends will play along).  I used to be very interested in military history (not the battles, but the expansion and contraction or elimination of various nations, which one can also map out a lot).
10. What's your favourite movie? a tie between two very different movies, Rocky (no, not the horror picture show or the one with Bowinkle) and Dave (the Democratic party needs a candidate like that, and no John Kerry isn't it, although he may pull it off).
10.5 (halfway between 10 and 11, favorite music and action segment in a movie or whatever you call it).  the Rocky theme in Rocky and Rocky II, particularly the latter.
11. What's your favourite song? Celebrate Good Times ("Woo Who").
12. Anything else you'd like to mention? What more can I say?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies