"Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:57:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Who Are You?" The Uselectionatlas.org Survey!  (Read 37562 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 26, 2006, 09:40:34 AM »

I went back, and I don't think I've done this one yet, so here ya go:

1. What's your name? - You're not going to find out.
2. Where do you live? - Manassas, VA
3. What's your political affiliation (Rep, Dem, Ind)? - Independent
4. Who's your favourite President of all-time? - Jefferson/Reagan
5. Who's your favourite international leader of all-time? - Hmmm . . . I'll have to get back to you on that one.
6. How did you get interested in politics? - Vietnam/slightly there after
7. How did you discover this forum? - Looking up historical election info.  Read the forum for some time before signing up and participating.
8. What do you like most about it? - The eclectic participants
9. What are your other interests, apart from politics? - SciFi, engineering, trains, computers, etc
10. What's your favourite movie? - Goonies.  I always get a kick out of that one.
11. What's your favourite song? - Lord knows... Probably the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, but anything really from REM, Gordon Lightfoot, ABBA, Bare Naked Ladies, Enya, etc...
12. Anything else you'd like to mention? - When I think of something, I'll let you know.  Smiley

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:19:51 AM »

MODU, that's awesome that you mentioned the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. That event happened only about a hundred miles or so from here and the song is very popular in these parts as a result.

Most people don't realize how severe storms can get on Lake Superior; it really is a miniature ocean in a lot of ways.

Yup.  Most people (even those who know of the commercial sailing industry) don't realize that there are special licenses required top-side for those who actually navigate through those waters due to their conditions.  Definitely a unique body of water.  Fortunately, I've never lost anyone up there, which is wierd since that body of water has the higher level of risk for commercial shippers than the Atlantic and Pacific.  Gordon wrote one hell of a tribute for them.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:25:05 AM »

You've sailed on Superior? Awesome. Have you ever been to Marquette?

I've been to Superior, but never sailed on it.  I have a few friends who do, though primarily on tug/barge combo's.  Most of my sailing was restricted to the open oceans.  Smiley  I don't recall if I've been to Marquette.  I'll have to go back and research that one.  I have pictures of my friends archeological dig at Mackinaw Island though.  Does that count?  hahaha
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 07:25:00 AM »

You've sailed on Superior? Awesome. Have you ever been to Marquette?

I've been to Superior, but never sailed on it.  I have a few friends who do, though primarily on tug/barge combo's.  Most of my sailing was restricted to the open oceans.  Smiley  I don't recall if I've been to Marquette.  I'll have to go back and research that one.  I have pictures of my friends archeological dig at Mackinaw Island though.  Does that count?  hahaha

No, it doesn't count because you didn't spell Mackinac correctly. Smiley

*dies laughin*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies