AZ-PPP: McCain in big trouble in primary. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:53:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ-PPP: McCain in big trouble in primary. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-PPP: McCain in big trouble in primary.  (Read 7372 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: May 05, 2015, 04:44:22 PM »

I'm still standing by John McCain. All of his potential primary challengers are useless.

Maybe. But there is no one more useless in Washington than the whiny perpetually bitter John McCain. God I hope he loses, primary or otherwise. I'd be okay with Senator Richard Carmona or Senator Fred Duval (surprising he is the closest, though he did seem to run an able if silent campaign for Governor) if it meant no more McCain.

Carmona/Duval are not going to defeat McCain. Sorry, but not happening. Sinema or Kirkpatrick might though....

Carmona and Duval were both closer though...

Duval totally bungled last year's governor's race, and seeing as Carmona couldn't win in an open seat in a democratic wave, it's difficult to see him beating McCain. I could see it happen with him before Duval though.

Sinema won by double digits in her basically even district last year, and Kirkpatrick won fairly comfortably when literally everyone predicted her defeat. Seems like pretty good electability records to me.

2012 was not a "Democratic Wave" year and Carmona only lost by 3%.

According to one person who is 'in the know' in Arizona politics Fred Du Val is likely to take on a senior roll in the HRC campaign, and won't be a candidate for anything next year.  Ann Kirkpatrick has also expressed no interest in running at this point either, though she may just be giving Sinema the 'right of first refusal.'
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »

I would contend that 2012 wasn't a Dem wave, but that many of the Republican candidates were genuinely bad candidates (terrible campaigners, frequent gaffers, etc), and presidential turnout did the rest. I wouldn't say it was a Dem wave at all.

Like Tommy Thompson in WI, he used to be a great candidate, but for whatever reason, he turned out to be a terrible one in 2012. And I don't think it was a wave that beat him. It was himself.

He had health problems (a heart attack or something) shortly before the election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies