Moldova local elections 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:54:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Moldova local elections 2015
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moldova local elections 2015  (Read 1293 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:05:19 AM »

Apologies if there's a thread for this already, although I have not found one if there is. Moldova is holding runoff elections for mayoral and other races following the first round two weeks ago. The elections are largely a pro-EU vs. pro-Russian affair with the marquee race being the Chisinau mayor's race between (pro-EU) incumbent Dorin Chirtoaca and (pro-Russian) challenger Zinaida Greceanai.

Just for a bit more context, the former Prime Minister of Moldova, Chiril Gaburici, resigned on June 13th after he was found to have falsified some of his school records. Natalia Gherman, his Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration was recently named interim Prime Minister. Both Gaburici and Gherman are generally pro-EU.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »

Apologies if there's a thread for this already, although I have not found one if there is. Moldova is holding runoff elections for mayoral and other races following the first round two weeks ago. The elections are largely a pro-EU vs. pro-Russian affair with the marquee race being the Chisinau mayor's race between (pro-EU) incumbent Dorin Chirtoaca and (pro-Russian) challenger Zinaida Greceanai.

Just for a bit more context, the former Prime Minister of Moldova, Chiril Gaburici, resigned on June 13th after he was found to have falsified some of his school records. Natalia Gherman, his Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration was recently named interim Prime Minister. Both Gaburici and Gherman are generally pro-EU.

Chirtoaca won with just over 52% of the vote.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »

I was surprised by how big a deal this was in Russian media.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »

I was surprised by how big a deal this was in Russian media.

You read Russian?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies