UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:29:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao  (Read 141589 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: May 11, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »

* hold a free vote on repealing the fox hunting ban.

This is still on the agenda? I appreciate this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 08:20:32 PM »

I hope Kwesi Kwarteng gets some sort of job- supposed he's amongst those tipped for Pensions. Supposedly he is related to an "uncle" of mine, although sometimes I feel like half of Ghana is related to his family one way or another.

Either way, there are still three Ghanaian Tory MPs, while a woman named Priti Patel is in a position where she can gain Maddy's disgust. This is why I like the Tories (or one reason why).
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 04:16:09 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2015, 04:22:52 PM by Governor Simfan34 »

THE GRAUNIAD BRAVELY EXPOSES ROYAL MEDDLING

OUT OF CONTROL PRINCE OF WALES DISCOVERED TO HAVE USED INFLUENCE TO BADGER BLAIR ABOUT BADGERS, HELICOPTER DEFECTS, CONDITIONS OF THE TROOPS, SCHOOLCHILDRENS' NUTRITION, AND SPREAD OF TUBERCULOSIS.

PRINCE SURE TO FALL BACK INTO LINE WITH CONVENTION OF GIVING ADVICE AND WARNINGS AFTER INAPPROPRIATE AND MALICIOUS INTERVENTION REVEALED BY PLUCKY JOUNALISM.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:24:29 PM »

Photoshop?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 09:15:05 PM »

[Insert article about the Scottish Government banning the production of GM foods here]

The measured, responsible, and level-headed government of Scotland under the SNP hits it out of the ball park again with another fact-based measure!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 02:56:37 PM »

And for Labour it's "we kept someone in our party and sent her a membership ballot despite the fact she's been a Tory minister for months".

Armando Iannucci must be laughing his head off.

The script writes itself.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 05:13:23 PM »

So the UK's Bernie Sanders has become the new leader of the Labour Party?

That's an insult to Bernie Sanders.

The best comparison I can find is Bill De Blasio.

I think Jeremy Corbyn is more of a sane Lyndon LaRouche to be honest. Not that a sane Lyndon LaRouche is particularly easy to picture.

If Lyndon LaRouche was sane, he would not be Lyndon LaRouche.

I also find LaRouche to be a very underappreciated-- if only from a humour/"interesting-ness" perspective-- figure.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »

Has anyone ever seen a political ad so unequivocally worded?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 09:55:01 AM »

It's telling that this big important China visit right now is being led by Osborne, as opposed to the Foreign Secretary, whose counterpart in most other countries would the one to go.

Just last week he Osborne was touring a naval base pledging to fund Trident... again, in most places that'd be the job of the Defence Minister.

There's something deeply unpleasant about this all.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »

Can someone explain me what's going on? I'd do a research but I'm too creeped out right now, and in terror of what I may find.

He didn't actually f**k a pig, right?...

As part of a student prank/initiation ritual he put his penis in the mouth of a dead pig, which somebody else was holding.

Well it's unlikely he ever actually was a member of the club which would have done this in the first place, so...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »

Crisis avoided for now, then, although this episode certainly didn't do Corbyn any good. A precedent has been set and he'll have to avoid it happening too often if he wishes to have real power as party leader.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 04:07:52 PM »

So when is this confidence voting taking place? I thought it was today. What gives?

Tomorrow. At 2pm, I think.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 01:50:33 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2016, 01:57:08 PM by Simfan34 »

An actress! Someone should put a stop to this before it goes too far. The BBC has already published a near-hagiographic biography of her, touting her as a humanitarian and all-around modern woman. That's all fine and dandy for the actual royal family, and should generally be the norm for coverage (although I'm not saying the UK should go full Thailand, a lot of unpleasantry could have been avoided if the Sex Pistols had been jailed for a few months), but this is a symptom of our modern celebrity and sentimentality-obsessed culture. When has marriage to a divorced actress ever gone well?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »

This latest Gibraltar kerfuffle seems to show that the UK media has gone overboard with the hysterical instapunditry. The outrage from even the most vociferous US outlet is far outstripped by that coming from any Guardian editorial. There has to be some happy medium between dismissing any mildly inconvenient fact as "project fear" and all but actively rooting for a Hiberno-Hispano-Scottish-Argentine coalition to dismember the country while forcing the rump to keep red passports. This is important, because the former tendency could do some real damage-- eg by preventing a deal from being struck because of the EU's honestly fair request for the UK to settle its pension contributions and bills.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies