Mississippi/Alabama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:36:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Mississippi/Alabama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi/Alabama  (Read 7525 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: May 04, 2005, 10:02:59 PM »

The South isn't going to swing in the current state of the Democratic Party.  They'll move away from us as fast as they add numbers to Democratic totals.  A populist candidate could easily change that.

I never thought of the south as being especially economically liberal. How economically liberal, if you were to assign a PC score, would you give the south as a whole?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »

The South isn't going to swing in the current state of the Democratic Party.  They'll move away from us as fast as they add numbers to Democratic totals.  A populist candidate could easily change that.

I never thought of the south as being especially economically liberal. How economically liberal, if you were to assign a PC score, would you give the south as a whole?
If you made the south the confederacy+ Missouri, Kentucky, and West Virginia, I'd say -.5.  It would be close.  Yet, I'd say the social score would be about +3.  When I say populist, I don't mean nessicarily just economically left, socially right, yet anti-elistist, pro-family values, and common-sense.

West Virginia certainly, but would you really win if you went to Kentucky and promised bigger government?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 06:52:13 PM »

If you made the south the confederacy+ Missouri, Kentucky, and West Virginia, I'd say -.5.  It would be close.  Yet, I'd say the social score would be about +3.  When I say populist, I don't mean nessicarily just economically left, socially right, yet anti-elistist, pro-family values, and common-sense.

West Virginia certainly, but would you really win if you went to Kentucky and promised bigger government?
Economic Populism isn't nessicarily bigger government. 
Not neccessarily, but it doesn't take a spin master to make it seem like bigger government.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 03:37:22 PM »

Well Howard Dean told me that Mississippi would be a Democratic state soon.

Thanks to the "guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks" vote Tongue
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 06:10:07 PM »

Well Howard Dean told me that Mississippi would be a Democratic state soon.

Thanks to the "guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks" vote Tongue
I'm glad we have a... er, optimistic chairman for our party.  But I'm not sure how the hell Dean knows anything about "guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks," aside from pro gun-rights, maybe.

Being pro-gun rights might have a large overall impactin preventing the Dems from being the "sissy party".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies