Ralph Nader should invest his time and money better (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:40:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Ralph Nader should invest his time and money better (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ralph Nader should invest his time and money better  (Read 10719 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 03, 2005, 09:55:55 AM »

Nader has gone the way of Paul, Perot, and Buchanan.  None of the 4 will be on a future presidential ticket.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 01:51:03 PM »

Nader has gone the way of Paul, Perot, and Buchanan.  None of the 4 will be on a future presidential ticket.

Probably true. Ron Paul might have one more presidential campaign left in him but only if he decides to retire from Congress. He is one person who could receive more than one alternative party's nomination.

Possibly.  And if Perot became interested again in politics (not running, but backing), that also help a lot.  For all his little quirks, Perot was correct on a lot of things.  Of course, I could see the Dems using that against the third-party, saying something like "Perot is using Paul as a puppet so he can secure government contracts for his company."  hahaha
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 09:29:22 AM »

Clinton won in '96, but he blew it for the Democrats in the long run. Totally blew it. After 1994 he had a perfect opportunity to run against the Contract With America's many failures, but he squandered it. A golden opportunity, gone. Gone into thin air. And it's never coming back.

Yet he and some of the Dems take credit for the federal economic conditions during Clintons term, which occurred due to Congress and the Contract with America.  Ahhhh . . . the ol' political catch-22. 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 12:25:12 PM »

Yet he and some of the Dems take credit for the federal economic conditions during Clintons term, which occurred due to Congress and the Contract with America.  Ahhhh . . . the ol' political catch-22.

I don't see what there was to take credit for. The economy in 1998 was a disaster, because of the Contract With America, despite what the media kept saying. If not for the ".com" industry, the whole country probably would have gone bankrupt.

Then you haven't been listening to Gore plus everyone else talking about the "surplus" (which really wasn't a surplus) under Clinton.  Between the Congress being against the President and shutting down the government, and the force to stick to a balance budget, the "surplus" would have never existed.  This is one of the reasons why I like when the two branches of government are lead by different parties (forced checks-and-balances).
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 09:41:47 AM »

Bandit: when did Clinton explicitly come out in favor of school uniforms?

I don't recall when, but I do remember at one point he was discussing the merit of school uniforms (provide 'equality' in the classroom).  This came following the huge wave of student assault due to shoe brands, jackets . . . even book bags.  I support school uniforms, not only to limit such status-inequality between students, but also as a way to remind kids that they are at school to learn.  One of the perks of private/military schools.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 07:42:50 AM »

I didn't realize school uniforms was such a big political issue.  Tongue

hahaha . . . ANYTHING can be a big political issue.  Smiley 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies