Will Rand Paul's statement about ISIS and GOP Hawks hurt him? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:06:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Rand Paul's statement about ISIS and GOP Hawks hurt him? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

It will actually help him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Will Rand Paul's statement about ISIS and GOP Hawks hurt him?  (Read 2774 times)
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« on: May 29, 2015, 06:43:56 PM »

I love how the GOP candidates who came out and said in unison after Bush's comments on Iraq,
"Iraq was a mistake!! I wouldn't of done it!" are now the same people lambasting Paul for his comments.

But, in the primary, it nearly kills him. The libertarian wing of the Republican Party has never really had leverage over the party, especially not now, when the Tea Party dominates. In a general, it helps him a lot. It shows moderate and undecided voters that he is willing to acknowledge the Republican Party's past mistakes and learn from them.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 10:13:02 PM »

With Bush it'll be an easier sell. He can tell the base, "I'm moderate on these two issues, so you'll just have to accept that."

With Paul, it's a completely different ideology which guides him. It may land him with the same positions as mainstream Republicans a lot of times, but it's still a completely different set of ideals.

Plus, Bush has $$$. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies