Will Rand Paul's statement about ISIS and GOP Hawks hurt him? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:58:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Rand Paul's statement about ISIS and GOP Hawks hurt him? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

It will actually help him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Will Rand Paul's statement about ISIS and GOP Hawks hurt him?  (Read 2786 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 30, 2015, 09:34:55 PM »

There has always been an anti-war contingent in the GOP, and the 2008 and 2012 Ron Paul campaigns have expanded that contingent.  How much so remains to be seen, but for a certain number of conservatives, the cost of these wars, the fact that there is not a defined enemy (as opposed to the Cold War era), and knowledge of the fact that the American people are tired of foreign intervention for the sake of Nation Building all makes Rand Paul and his comments more of a plus than they would have been in, say, 2000. 

I think that there are a number of anti-war Democrats and Independents who supported Obama who are economically conservative and will find Rand Paul's whole platform intriguing.  Some will vote for him if he's the GOP nominee, and some may choose to vote in the GOP primary as (A) Hillary is on the way to a coronation and (B) the GOP Primary offers real choice, and one choice they might actually like.  I don't see Rand Paul as a frontrunner, but I see him as having the potential to be truly competitive.  His anti-neocon posture is what keeps him in the game.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies