Sen. Allen Raising Money For Senate Race...In NEW HAMPSHIRE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:38:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sen. Allen Raising Money For Senate Race...In NEW HAMPSHIRE
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sen. Allen Raising Money For Senate Race...In NEW HAMPSHIRE  (Read 3401 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2005, 09:05:26 PM »

From The Richmond Times Dispatch:

Sen. George Allen of Virginia planned to hold two fundraisers in New Hampshire today for his 2006 Senate re-election campaign.

Allen is weighing a presidential bid in 2008. His trip to New Hampshire, a state critical to would-be occupants of the Oval Office, could be part of a strategy to capture the Republican nomination for president.

Allen's campaign manager, Jason Miller, said, "This trip is purely to raise money for Senator Allen's re-election." He said Allen has done fundraising events in eight states outside Virginia this year, including in Pennsylvania yesterday.
The senator knows he needs to raise a lot of money, especially if he faces a "self-financing multimillionaire" next year, Miller said, in an apparent reference to Gov. Mark R. Warner, who sources recently have said is unlikely to run against Allen. Another millionaire whose name Democrats have floated as a potential challenger is former Lt. Gov. Donald S. Beyer Jr., a Northern Virginia automobile dealer. No challenger has emerged yet.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:05:55 PM »

Surely he isn't the only one, is he?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:32:03 AM »

...a potential challenger is former Lt. Gov. Donald S. Beyer Jr., a Northern Virginia automobile dealer.

Don Beyer Volvo have some of the best radio commercials I've ever heard.  Smiley  Who ever he uses as a marketing rep for his company, he should also use for his campaign.  hehehe
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 01:57:02 PM »

Politics1.com.......

Senator George Allen Jr. (R-VA) travelled to New Hampshire on Tuesday to hold two campaign fundraisers. Officially billed as benefitting his '06 re-election run, the visit is clearly intended to stir up interest there in Allen's likely 2008 Presidential run. NRSC Chair Allen -- a former Governor, former Congressman, and son of the late Washington Redskins football coach -- is already seen as an early frontrunner for the next White House race. National Journal last week surveyed a large pool of influential inside-the-Beltway political leaders from both parties to ask which candidates they believed were most likely to win the respective nominations for President. These political heavyweights predicted that Allen is the current GOP favorite with 229 points, followed closely by Senator John McCain at 217 points. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist was third (184 points), former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani fourth (129) and Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney fifth (109). On the Dem side, Hillary Clinton was the runaway favorite with 388 points. Former Senator John Edwards was a distant second (192 points), Virginia Governor Mark Warner was third (125 points), and Senators Evan Bayh and John Kerry trailed further behind.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 01:59:28 PM »

If Allen is going to run for President, I'll say Warner has a good shot for that Senate seat that he vacates if he resigns.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 01:59:55 PM »

I heard that Allen made an ass out of himself on Meet the Press this past weekend. Anyone see it?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 02:01:04 PM »

If Allen is going to run for President, I'll say Warner has a good shot for that Senate seat that he vacates if he resigns.

The seat would be appointed by the Virginia governor at the time of vacancy.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 02:06:21 PM »

The seat would be appointed by the Virginia governor at the time of vacancy.

True, well if its a Republican appointment he could still run in 2008 against that person and have a good shot.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 02:28:06 PM »

True, well if its a Republican appointment he could still run in 2008 against that person and have a good shot.

I think Allen will keep his seat while he runs for president.

If he wins in 2008, the governor appoints the seat and there is a special election in 2010.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 02:30:12 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2005, 02:38:36 PM by jfern »

I wonder if people in NH like his confederate flag. Any Californian with a confderate flag is retarded. I guess he's the perfect frontrunner for the GOP, a stupid wingnut named George.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 02:37:51 PM »

New Hampshire Republicans prefer old school Republicans like John McCain and Chuck Hagel over wingnuts like Sam Brownback and George Allen.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 03:35:58 PM »

Allen is actually fairly moderate, though he was not too well behaved in his youth (though he shaped up a lot faster than W).

His biggest asset probably is his ability to speak to both religious and economic conservatives. When he ran for Governor his focus was primarily pro-business, but he has no quarrel with the Christian Right.

Then again, Pat Robertson praised Guiliani on TV the other day, so "wingnuts" might not be so critical to determining the GOP nominee after all.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 03:51:22 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2005, 04:02:10 PM by nickshepDEM »

I heard that Allen made an ass out of himself on Meet the Press this past weekend. Anyone see it?

He sure did.  Russert nailed him on judicial nominees and then me made an ass out of himself by proposing people sell their homes to make it through retirement.

Sen. Allen and Tim Russert on the filibuster...

Sen. Allen: Sell Your Home to Survive in Retirement...
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 06:28:52 PM »

He sure did.  Russert nailed him on judicial nominees and then me made an ass out of himself by proposing people sell their homes to make it through retirement.

Wow, I had no idea Allen was such a dumbass. I'm watching the videos now and he's almost as dumb as President Bush. Senator Dodd is making him look like a complete jackass on Social Security. Allen sounds completely unsure of himself and is dancing around the issue.

Now Russert is making him look like a complete dumbass on judges. Allen says "well, I have different numbers".  A half-smart politician should be able to embarrass Allen in any debate.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2005, 08:35:50 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2005, 08:42:20 PM by nickshepDEM »

Wow, I had no idea Allen was such a dumbass. I'm watching the videos now and he's almost as dumb as President Bush. Senator Dodd is making him look like a complete jackass on Social Security. Allen sounds completely unsure of himself and is dancing around the issue.

Now Russert is making him look like a complete dumbass on judges. Allen says "well, I have different numbers".  A half-smart politician should be able to embarrass Allen in any debate.

This is what scares me most about him.  He is very average-joeish.  Voters tend to like candidates that they feel they can relate to.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 08:54:53 PM »

This is what scares me most about him.  He is very average-joeish.  Voters tend to like candidates that they feel they can relate to.

Yes, in this Republican party, the more inept you are, the higher you go.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 09:10:01 PM »

Allen is bad!  Bad bad bad!  Vote Frist!

(sorry for the rant)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 09:11:20 PM »

(sorry for the rant)

Allen is now ahead of Frist on my "Who do I support in 2008?" list.  Smiley
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 12:05:15 AM »

...a potential challenger is former Lt. Gov. Donald S. Beyer Jr., a Northern Virginia automobile dealer.

Don Beyer Volvo have some of the best radio commercials I've ever heard.  Smiley  Who ever he uses as a marketing rep for his company, he should also use for his campaign.  hehehe

Eastern Motors commercials are much better. I have the song going through my head right now.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 02:30:00 AM »

(sorry for the rant)

Allen is now ahead of Frist on my "Who do I support in 2008?" list.  Smiley

Allen has always been ahead of Frist on mine.  Frist would be an almost surefire way to make sure we have a Democratic president from 2009-13.  Allen is the only senator on my list.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 02:32:20 AM »

Allen has a good chance

- Phony from CA who owns confederate flag
- Sounds really dumb
- Born rich
- Has really sh**tty ideas

What more do you need to be a Republican nominee for President?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 09:41:04 AM »

As opposed to poverty-stricken Democrats such as John Ker--, uh... Al Go-..., uh...
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 11:02:36 AM »

Eastern Motors commercials are much better. I have the song going through my head right now.

hahaha . . . true, but their tv commercials suck, even with all those sports players in there.  The editting is terrible that the lips don't match up with the lyrics.  *laughs*
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2005, 11:03:20 AM »

As opposed to poverty-stricken Democrats such as John Ker--, uh... Al Go-..., uh...

HAHAHAHAHA . . . excellent.  Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2005, 02:12:34 PM »

Allen has a good chance

- Phony from CA who owns confederate flag
- Sounds really dumb
- Born rich
- Has really sh**tty ideas

What more do you need to be a Republican nominee for President?

Excellent points from both of you.  The last few elections really have given us two rich idiots to choose from.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies